Craig Tanner (merged x 4) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Craig Tanner (merged x 4)

Apr 6, 2009
Tanner isn't a lone striker which DA seems to prefer so I expect not to get him next season. But only time will tell

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":2cwual7f said:
I've heard rumours, which I'm not putting on here as to why the lad isn't even in the squad

That`s helpful Frank.

Mar 23, 2008
If Carey goes surely he's got to be a good option for the No.10 role? Big boots to fill but the potential is there and seems a good character.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
PL2 3DQ":10v0vant said:
Tanner is only 22 and will still be inconsistent.

He's done really well for us, making 50 appearances last season and scoring 6 goals and again scoring 6 goals this season in 34 games. Many 22 year olds will be happy with those stats as they forge a career.

In effect he's only been missing from the last two match day squads so it's not as though he's completely disappeared.

The question now for Adams will be is Tanner good enough for League One and if so will Reading let him come back to us?

I'm more then sure his contract with Reading runs out this summer

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Come on Frank...tell us the rumours you've heard...

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":22zxayxc said:
Tanner is only 22 and will still be inconsistent.

He's done really well for us, making 50 appearances last season and scoring 6 goals and again scoring 6 goals this season in 34 games. Many 22 year olds will be happy with those stats as they forge a career.

In effect he's only been missing from the last two match day squads so it's not as though he's completely disappeared.

The question now for Adams will be is Tanner good enough for League One and if so will Reading let him come back to us?

Can't remember the last time he started, and his sub time has been minimal. Adams did the same with him roughly the same time last season, starting match after match then clearly out of favour for months.

Feb 23, 2008
Adam_R":d3c94zug said:
Knarf Reprah":d3c94zug said:
I've heard rumours, which I'm not putting on here as to why the lad isn't even in the squad

Yeah I heard the same

Footballing reasons, personal or disciplinary?

Think there's quite a few fans a bit perplexed as to how he's just disappeared.

Apr 15, 2016
Looking on matchday moments, Tanner looked on the verge of tears at the end with the GA chanting his name. Definitely more than meets the eye to his recent exclusion one feels.

Jan 27, 2012
He is definitely good enough to be a League One and Two footballer and is talented. I'd be very happy if he signs for Argyle again. The problem is that he struggles to fit into Adams particular system of play though.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
gaspargomez":80n3zr4t said:
He is definitely good enough to be a League One and Two footballer and is talented. I'd be very happy if he signs for Argyle again. The problem is that he struggles to fit into Adams particular system of play though.

Would he be able to fill the Carey role if he was to depart?

I only got the Grimsby match at HP this year and on that game when both Tanner and Carey started they both looked to take up the same positions and ultimately got in each other's way. But could he be a right footed Carey?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I found it strange that he appeared to be carrying his boots bag on to the open top coach. He certainly did not look too happy but applauded the crowds.