Clubs you want in League 1? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Clubs you want in League 1?

A

andyr1963

Newcastle United & West Ham United as both to be relegated two divisions due to tax irregularities. :scarf:

Oh and Forest because Nottingham has some nice pubs. :greensmile:

Aug 14, 2015
Good for you :thumbs:

Adam. it was just that it was Argyle who scored the only goal against us-something Ronaldo and Rooney failed to do at OT..it was a compliment

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I wanted Port Vale. Son and football loving Granddaughter live in Stafford so would have been a great 'local' game to fit in with a weekend visit.
Bit miffed that they went to Div 2 on the last day! :sad:

Interested to note on their Wiki entry that they have the most EFL Seasons without playing in the top flight, thought that was us!! :sad:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Pogleswoody":38e5rjra said:
I wanted Port Vale. Son and football loving Granddaughter live in Stafford so would have been a great 'local' game to fit in with a weekend visit.

Interested to note on their Wiki entry that they have the most EFL Seasons without playing in the top flight, thought that was us!! :sad:

Shrewsbury is only about 30 miles from Stafford - maybe an alternative?

Re Vale think we are biggest population not to have played top flight.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
cheshiregreen":3sci39j5 said:
Pogleswoody":3sci39j5 said:

Yes thanks Chesh, I haven't had chance to go through those that are 'in' for us. Will check out Shrews but obviously haven't got dates yet so no rush. Just that they went to Vale last month to see a Women's International (Granddaughter plays too) :thumbs:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
cheshiregreen":l7tgoedb said:
Lancastergreen":l7tgoedb said:

Plenty of short trips to NW clubs for us (assuming you're in or near Lancaster). Bury Rochdale Oldham Wigan Fleetwood (?) Blackburn (?) Blackpool (?) plus Shrewsbury Doncaster and Rotherham all within range.

Got most of these confirmed now following Fleetwood's defeat in play offs and Blackburn's relegation. Just Blackpool to complete a NW seven for 17/18.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Blackpool will do fine. Get the logic that should want Exeter, less travelling, more revenue etc etc. Simply don't want it to happen, time to leave them far, far behind while we climb the leagues.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Tynan One Nil":zfn0qtou said:
Blackpool will do fine. Get the logic that should want Exeter, less travelling, more revenue etc etc. Simply don't want it to happen, time to leave them far, far behind while we climb the leagues.
After paying the police bill I'm not convinced the Exeter game would provide much, if any, more revenue.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Confirmed Sky Bet League 1 2017/18

Portsmouth
Argyle
Doncaster
Blackpool
Blackburn
Rotherham
Wigan
Fleetwood
Scunthorpe
Bradford
Southend
Oxford
Rochdale
Bristol Rovers
Peterborough
MK Dons
Charlton
Walsall
AFC Wimbledon
Northampton
Oldham
Shrewsbury
Bury
Gillingham

Jul 29, 2010
GreenArmy1984":32lx8ef2 said:
Sky Bet League Fixture Release Day Is Wednesday 21st June 9am

Exciting Times Ahead

League 1 Here We Come :scarf:
But we are in League 1, we have been since the first May Bank holiday.

...what's more your table shows Pompey ahead of us, they are not, they are below us.

#alphabeticalaccuracy :thumbs:

May 26, 2015
RochdaleGreen":19urb50v said:
I would like Blackpool to go up because it is far too big a club for the Fourth division and its a fun place to visit.

I would like Wigan to go down, and then down again, because it is a Fourth division club.

I would like Blackburn to go down, because Ewood Park is a great stadium, because I enjoyed being promoted with Blackburn in 1975, with Argyle winning at Home Park in front of 29,000, to go top I think, and because Blackburn relegated us in 1992 so they deserve a bit of pain.

Like all of us Greens in the North West, I am really looking forward to next season given that we will be spoilt for choice for grounds to visit on both sides of the Pennines.

All my wishes came through. Should have put a bet on that. Particularly pleased that we are to be joined by a biggish club like Blackpool.
League 1 should be re-named 3rd Division North!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
cheshiregreen":3df4gn6v said:
Pogleswoody":3df4gn6v said:

Walsall only 18 miles so I'll probably be at that one - so that will be a wet Tuesday school night in November fixture then!! :lol:

Well done Blackpool and esp Kelvin Mellor!! :clap:
Nice to have the league 'mapped out'.