Clubs you want in League 1? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Clubs you want in League 1?

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
ford hill POMPEY fan":idztejhf said:
Yeah I understand but I meant relatively recently. Blackburn Premier League Champions 1995, Wigan FA Cup 2013, Brum League Cup 2011.

I'm aware that other teams have previously won the FA Cup/League Cup from that division but none that I'm aware of have done so in recent years.

Fair enough Adam.. it was a long long long 9 season since we won the cup and a painful 7 since we narrowly lost the final to Chelsea, but like they say no one remembers the losers..and god knows how long since Blackpool won the cup ..I wonder if you were excited by the games against the colosis that is Liverpool, or were you unmoved by their not so recent history of honours..unlike it seems the exciting possibility of seeing a big (recently) succesful club like Wigan at HP. Any way Good luck for next season, DA has built a good combative squad and got the best out players that we ..frankly..awful for us. I can see you challenging L2..

To be completely honest, I did genuinely forget that Portsmouth won the FA Cup. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but I did genuinely forget.

Aug 14, 2015
davie nine":6id9s4rb said:
DA has built a good combative squad and got the best out players that we ..frankly..awful for us.
Jervis, Taylor and Bradley have been excellent signings; Bradley, quite rightly, our Player of the Season.
I can see you challenging L2..
What does that mean? Your dots are confusing.

...nothing really...time ..to..contemplate maybe.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
ford hill POMPEY fan":o6h5hgce said:
Adam, can you not remember how many goals we let in throughout the 2008 cup run

No I can't. Like I said I forgot that you won the FA Cup at all so why would I remember how many goals you conceded?

Look, I'm sorry if it offends you but I don't see Portsmouth as a big club and therefore their achievements are less likely to mean anything to me.

A

andyr1963

Duncan Rice":ma615m0w said:
Accrington Stanley, real club, real fans!

As opposed to Wycombe Wanderers, imaginary club, imaginary fans.

I knew the play offs of a couple of years ago were just a bad dream. :greensmile:

Aug 14, 2015
Adam Dyer":19phsh95 said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":19phsh95 said:

No I can't. Like I said I forgot that you won the FA Cup at all so why would I remember how many goals you conceded?

Look, I'm sorry if it offends you but I don't see Portsmouth as a big club and therefore their achievements are less likely to mean anything to me.

Just thought an Argyle fan might remember thats all..anyway, you are correct we are not a "big club" in the Man U and Liverpool league bar a long chalk or even that second tier like everton and spurs,..but that third level like Burnley Blackburn West Brom we do belong there. Argyle in the level below with the Millwall and Oxfords, but we are bigger than Wigan-who you listed as a big club because you remembered their great win ..Frankly I don't care whether you think Pompey are a big club, but for me I think it is much better when a smaller club wins something, re Leicester city last year, or maybe Brighton after tonight

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
ford hill POMPEY fan":tg24dtzo said:
Adam Dyer":tg24dtzo said:
ford hill POMPEY fan":tg24dtzo said:

Just thought an Argyle fan might remember thats all..anyway, you are correct we are not a "big club" in the Man U and Liverpool league bar a long chalk or even that second tier like everton and spurs,..but that third level like Burnley Blackburn West Brom we do belong there. Argyle in the level below with the Millwall and Oxfords, but we are bigger than Wigan-who you listed as a big club because you remembered their great win ..Frankly I don't care whether you think Pompey are a big club, but for me I think it is much better when a smaller club wins something, re Leicester city last year, or maybe Brighton after tonight

Good for you :thumbs:

Feb 2, 2007
Size doesn't really matter as Bournemouth, Burton, Fleetwood are currently showinf BUT Argyle are not a smaller club than Oxford- as a supporter of both clubs, I feel well informed enough to say that. Fortunes have ebbed and flowed throughout history and relative attendances too, but I think the facts back that up. They are on par, if not Argyle "slightly bigger", and Pompey are in the same bracket. In my humble opinion!

Feb 2, 2007
nick_PASTIE":3l9pts19 said:
Size doesn't really matter as Bournemouth, Burton, Fleetwood are currently showing and I concur Argyle are not a smaller club than Oxford- as a supporter of both clubs, I feel well informed enough to say that. Fortunes have ebbed and flowed throughout history and relative attendances too, but I think the facts back that up. They are on par, if not Argyle "slightly bigger", and Pompey are in the same bracket. In my humble opinion!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
nick_PASTIE":pnmlv4vk said:
Size doesn't really matter as Bournemouth, Burton, Fleetwood are currently showinf BUT Argyle are not a smaller club than Oxford- as a supporter of both clubs, I feel well informed enough to say that. Fortunes have ebbed and flowed throughout history and relative attendances too, but I think the facts back that up. They are on par, if not Argyle "slightly bigger", and Pompey are in the same bracket. In my humble opinion!

As a Palace fan I am proud to be a supporter of a small club. We have some fans who are delusional and think we are something that we are not but we are just currently punching way above our weight.

Jan 27, 2012
Bournemouth have been bankrolled.

You could pretty much get any club into the Premier League if you throw millions at it.