Captain's gesture (Smalley) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captain's gesture (Smalley)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
justanotherfan":7wmp4icg said:
A good apology has been proffered and no doubt will be accepted in the spirit in which it was given. It is well worth remembering that players etc. may well read PASOTI to gauge the feelings of the fanbase, I would imagine that praise would do the old ego the world of good while some of the less flattering efforts could well dent confidence, remember the players are no different to you and I and some will have stronger characters than others. Constructive criticism can be a good thing but to harangue an individual without thought can be cruel.
At last! Someone who sees the danger of these irresponsible comments and the damage they can do to a player's confidence. They have feelings like the rest of us. Good post

C

Cult Of Personality

memory man":2quj8ckz said:
justanotherfan":2quj8ckz said:
A good apology has been proffered and no doubt will be accepted in the spirit in which it was given. It is well worth remembering that players etc. may well read PASOTI to gauge the feelings of the fanbase, I would imagine that praise would do the old ego the world of good while some of the less flattering efforts could well dent confidence, remember the players are no different to you and I and some will have stronger characters than others. Constructive criticism can be a good thing but to harangue an individual without thought can be cruel.
At last! Someone who sees the danger of these irresponsible comments and the damage they can do to a player's confidence. They have feelings like the rest of us. Good post

I think the best thing the players can do is not read this website. We all have our favourite players and ones which we dislike for our own reasons . Some people can go to far with there dislike off a player tho and its gets personal or in this case a little bit sick

I can understand John Harbin being annoyed and upset with a set of Argyle fans as he is trying to build a confidence and team spirt into the side. All John Harbin has done is defend his players and his team with his comments.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps the AFT should make a statement condemning the negative comments on twitter and on various websites.

Oh :oops:

Apologies if Sam did that in his dissertation on page 8 - I fell asleep at line 4. :wave:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Pasties and Cider":13lnug26 said:
Perhaps the AFT should make a statement condemning the negative comments on twitter and on various websites.

Apologies if Sam did that in his dissertation on page 8 - I fell asleep at line 4. :wave:
:funny:
don't you just love the PASOTI family.
Happy Christmas to all you Argyle loving crazy people. :wave:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Pasties and Cider":1uufzfd3 said:

I don't normally get as far as line 4 when it's an epistle. Not sure if you are being serious about the AFT issuing a statement but if they did including Pasoti's name would only be bad publicity wouldn't it due to one person's thoughtless and crass comments and he has apologised. Some of the twitter comments from the likes of the programme seller were pretty despicable.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Maybe now is the time to put this to bed. Speedy recovery Dean.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
jerryatricjanner":1z3xazcf said:
Pasties and Cider":1z3xazcf said:

I don't normally get as far as line 4 when it's an epistle. Not sure if you are being serious about the AFT issuing a statement but if they did including Pasoti's name would only be bad publicity wouldn't it due to one person's thoughtless and crass comments and he has apologised. Some of the twitter comments from the likes of the programme seller were pretty despicable.

It's certainly one of the worst responses, I can't believe that lad represents our club in any shape or form let alone as a front-line programme seller.

As I recall somebody on here was removed as the ladies team manager for making a comment about then manager Carl Fletcher which presumably was just a case of questioning his ability and nowhere near as bad as this so I'd like to think that the club would show the same united front behind another member of staff and strike this lad off the programme selling list for this horrible comment, they should know who he is!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think that's a step too far if I'm honest Ollie (and a few others).

The lad obviously supports Argyle he just needs to be pulled up and told 'Oy, what do you think you're playing at'.

If he repeated it then bin him, but everyone deserves a chance.

Jun 8, 2014
Yeah, very often quiet words do a hell of a lot more than public shaming and constant bashing. It wont always work (and hasn't yet for me ;) ) but a warning is probably a good idea for now. Like Ian says, if that sort of comment should continue I don't think anybody wants them working for the club.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
IJN":21ef4iy7 said:

The lad obviously supports Argyle he just needs to be pulled up and told 'Oy, what do you think you're playing at'.

I'm not suggesting the club stop him from watching Argyle or anything like that, as you say Ian he will be a fan and people say stupid things at times but I do think his position should be put into some sort of question, at the very least he should be made to issue a public apology to Deane if he wishes to continue as a programme seller or maybe be struck off for a few weeks as a sort of warning, for me it isn't just another fan having a dig from behind their keyboard but a front of house programme seller and one of the many "faces of Argyle".

Jun 8, 2014
Ollieargyle9":3ibgiflv said:
IJN":3ibgiflv said:

I'm not suggesting the club stop him from watching Argyle or anything like that, as you say Ian he will be a fan and people say stupid things at times but I do think his position should be put into some sort of question, at the very least he should be made to issue a public apology to Deane if he wishes to continue as a programme seller or maybe be struck off for a few weeks as a sort of warning, for me it isn't just another fan having a dig from behind their keyboard but a front of house programme seller and one of the many "faces of Argyle".

Haven't seen it Ollie, for clarification, what were the words he used?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
LG":1ozb0sat said:
Ollieargyle9":1ozb0sat said:
This was the Tweet Josh:
Attire
‏@_Woody31
“@Only1Argyle: BREAKING: Deane Smalley out for the season with cruciate and ligament damage #pafc” THERE IS A GOD, MERRY F*****G CHRISTMAS
make him wear the tight underpants until the end of January :whistle:

Whatever floats your boat LG, but what about his punishment? :greensmile:

Jun 8, 2014
:lol:

That is rather unpleasant though. I think a warning would suit this occasion but removal should comments like that happen again.