Captain's gesture (Smalley) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captain's gesture (Smalley)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bermudian Green":2ki9s08i said:
The entire thread pretty much, not just the last few pages.

There's a far moe positive thread on Deane Smslley, Jerry.

People can always post on that one!

Perhaps it's indicative of the Internet that this one is far larger than the one wishing him luck!

John Harbin's point perhaps.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not sure it's so much indicative of the Internet but there is one big difference between the 2 threads. In one each poster has posted just once each. In the other one person alone has posted an incredible 35 times alone never mind all those with half a dozen or so. And of course one thread has been running longer anyway.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
jerryatricjanner":1l2xstqk said:
Not sure it's so much indicative of the Internet but there is one big difference between the 2 threads. In one each poster has posted just once each. In the other one person has posted an incredible 35 times alone never mind all those with half a dozen or so. And of course one thread has been running longer anyway.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
jerryatricjanner":321fc2iy said:
jerryatricjanner":321fc2iy said:
Not sure it's so much indicative of the Internet but there is one big difference between the 2 threads. In one each poster has posted just once each. In the other one person has posted an incredible 35 times alone never mind all those with half a dozen or so. And of course one thread has been running longer anyway.

Did you like that post Jerry? :lol: :lol:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
So much I posted it twice Daz. Haven't got used to the new phone yet.

IJN":w1myej25 said:
Bermudian Green":w1myej25 said:
The entire thread pretty much, not just the last few pages.

There's a far moe positive thread on Deane Smslley, Jerry.

People can always post on that one!

Perhaps it's indicative of the Internet that this one is far larger than the one wishing him luck!

John Harbin's point perhaps.

Right, thanks. This was the only thread I was getting notifications on.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GreenSam":3jiwn8j5 said:
Pasties and Cider":3jiwn8j5 said:
Perhaps the AFT should make a statement condemning the negative comments on twitter and on various websites.

Oh :oops:

Apologies if Sam did that in his dissertation on page 8 - I fell asleep at line 4. :wave:
I know you enjoy playing to the gallery on issues like this but please think about what you're saying.

Of course we condemn abusive comments, who with half a brain in their head wouldn't. Even the people who've made them have now admitted they were in the wrong. And there's also the little fact to consider that barely anyone will have actually seen these comments, even in spite of a few people reading the program. Why spread a few idiotic words far and wide? Why would anyone in their right mind even doubt that fact that such comments are silly. It goes without saying. We could go down the victorian route of publicly shaming people and putting them in the public stocks for people to throw rotten eggs at if you'd prefer?

Think to yourself honestly- if the AFT released a public statement every time a young lad in front of a keyboard said something he went on to later regret or every time someone made a thoughtless comment on a website we'd never be done releasing statements. 'Man says stupid thing on football website'. It's about as much of a shock as water is wet or grass is green.

The thing is P&C, you're an indisputably intelligent man and you clearly cannot but realise that the above what I've said is correct and rational. Other Pasoti members seem to have noticed (not just me and my crew) that you have a habit of making needless pops at the AFT over what are clearly non-issues. This is something that goes far beyond any kind of intellectual disagreement and even in my view goes beyond a passionate dislike and to me seems more like a vindictive glee in hassling other people (ie volunteers). Add this to your previously unsubstantiated allegation (amongst other allegations) of vote-rigging and the fact that you used the wave emoticon as a clear direct message to me who you were taking the pee out of and it just confirms to me that you're looking for a reaction.

You don't like the AFT, I get it. But if we'd released such a statement you'd be calling us Dibley saying we were making ourselves seem self-important on an unimportant issue. No win situation. I would love to be able to talk about the Trust with you in an open and honest way but I strongly suspect that now you've got the bite you were looking for when you made that post, you won't respond any further.

No - still struggling to get past the third or fourth line. Still waiting for the Trust results to be published. Did Frank get elected?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
LG":1byxtyos said:
Damon.Lenszner":1byxtyos said:
http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2014/12/01/aft-board-election-result/ published 1st December
:lol:
don't let facts get in the way Damon!

perhaps if the trust board wasn't pulled from PASOTI..... :whistle:

Unlike you to stir the pot LG. :) All AFT chat takes place on the main forum where there is a higher readership. This has been the case for several months apart from the recent election forum.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PL2 3DQ":1ujusvlu said:
LG":1ujusvlu said:
Damon.Lenszner":1ujusvlu said:
http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2014/12/01/aft-board-election-result/ published 1st December

Unlike you to stir the pot LG. :) All AFT chat takes place on the main forum where there is a higher readership. This has been the case for several months apart from the recent election forum.
you wouldn't expect anyting else from me Postey.
Daz maybe along in a minute to have a go at my xmas drink problem :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
LG":16mrt0d1 said:
PL2 3DQ":16mrt0d1 said:
LG":16mrt0d1 said:
Damon.Lenszner":16mrt0d1 said:

Unlike you to stir the pot LG. All AFT chat takes place on the main forum where there is a higher readership. This has been the case for several months apart from the recent election forum.
you wouldn't expect anyting else from me Postey.
Daz maybe along in a minute to have a go at my xmas drink problem :lol:

It's ok LG, the Pasoti Mods are used to merry old men and bored kids home from school/college invading Pasoti at this time of year. ;)