Captain's gesture (Smalley) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captain's gesture (Smalley)

C

Connor Clarke

Out of interest, did Marvin Morgan ever make a public apology for his 'Twitter antics' over the summer?

C

Cobi Budge.

Connor Clarke":1z39m2ga said:
Out of interest, did Marvin Morgan ever make a public apology for his 'Twitter antics' over the summer?

He should apologise for blocking people/having a go at people who were, pretty persistently and cruely, sending him tweets about his ability?

Maybe Marvin should issue an apology, after the keyboard Warriors do, face to face.

C

Connor Clarke

Cobi Budge.":143dhf54 said:
Connor Clarke":143dhf54 said:

He should apologise for blocking people/having a go at people who were, pretty persistently and cruelty, sending him tweets about his ability?

I think you know what tweet in particular I'm going on about. If you don't, then don't worry :thumbup:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ollieargyle9":1oy8s8e4 said:
LG":1oy8s8e4 said:
Ollieargyle9":1oy8s8e4 said:
This was the Tweet Josh:
Attire
‏@_Woody31
“@Only1Argyle: BREAKING: Deane Smalley out for the season with cruciate and ligament damage #pafc” THERE IS A GOD, MERRY F*****G CHRISTMAS
make him wear the tight underpants until the end of January :whistle:

Whatever floats your boat LG, but what about his punishment? :greensmile:
I'm meaning the VERY TIGHT ones Ollie.
Like the ones you wear :funny:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
LG":bcbyaela said:
Ollieargyle9":bcbyaela said:
LG":bcbyaela said:
Ollieargyle9":bcbyaela said:
This was the Tweet Josh:
Attire
‏@_Woody31
“@Only1Argyle: BREAKING: Deane Smalley out for the season with cruciate and ligament damage #pafc” THERE IS A GOD, MERRY F*****G CHRISTMAS
make him wear the tight underpants until the end of January

Whatever floats your boat LG, but what about his punishment? :greensmile:
I'm meaning the VERY TIGHT ones Ollie.
Like the ones you wear :funny:

That was once and for private viewing only, people weren't supposed to talk!!! :shock: :lol:

Feb 9, 2011
Cobi Budge.":4cqnz7do said:
Connor Clarke":4cqnz7do said:

He should apologise for blocking people/having a go at people who were, pretty persistently and cruely, sending him tweets about his ability?

Maybe Marvin should issue an apology, after the keyboard Warriors do, face to face.

step out of your greenhouse

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Connor Clarke":1yr7qssj said:
Cobi Budge.":1yr7qssj said:
Connor Clarke":1yr7qssj said:

He should apologise for blocking people/having a go at people who were, pretty persistently and cruelty, sending him tweets about his ability?

I think you know what tweet in particular I'm going on about. If you don't, then don't worry :thumbup:

No one seems to care Connor.

Perhaps people realise if you pop, expect an even bigger pop back.

Personally when I have flies around me, I take the annoyance for a little while and then I swat the buggers.

C

Connor Clarke

IJN":3t70fys4 said:
Connor Clarke":3t70fys4 said:
Cobi Budge.":3t70fys4 said:
Connor Clarke":3t70fys4 said:

No one seems to care Connor.

Perhaps people realise if you pop, expect an even bigger pop back.

Personally when I have flies around me, I take the annoyance for a little while and then I swat the buggers.

I don't think that many people care about this issue in general judging by the number of users who have posted in this thread recently- I wouldn't have cared either until someone got personal- although I did find the geek comments a bit desperate :lol:

Nice not-so-cryptic message though, should I be expecting a swat against Oxford?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Eh?

Suggest you stop listening to silly stories from very strange grown ups young man.

It's a very strange world you lad live in, it really is.

If you don't understand what an analogy is, you really shouldn't be trolling.

C

Connor Clarke

I laughed.

I certainly won't be taking any life advice from this site :thumbup:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Pasties and Cider":9ytejlf5 said:
Perhaps the AFT should make a statement condemning the negative comments on twitter and on various websites.

Oh :oops:

Apologies if Sam did that in his dissertation on page 8 - I fell asleep at line 4. :wave:
I know you enjoy playing to the gallery on issues like this but please think about what you're saying.

Of course we condemn abusive comments, who with half a brain in their head wouldn't. Even the people who've made them have now admitted they were in the wrong. And there's also the little fact to consider that barely anyone will have actually seen these comments, even in spite of a few people reading the program. Why spread a few idiotic words far and wide? Why would anyone in their right mind even doubt that fact that such comments are silly. It goes without saying. We could go down the victorian route of publicly shaming people and putting them in the public stocks for people to throw rotten eggs at if you'd prefer?

Think to yourself honestly- if the AFT released a public statement every time a young lad in front of a keyboard said something he went on to later regret or every time someone made a thoughtless comment on a website we'd never be done releasing statements. 'Man says stupid thing on football website'. It's about as much of a shock as water is wet or grass is green.

The thing is P&C, you're an indisputably intelligent man and you clearly cannot but realise that the above what I've said is correct and rational. Other Pasoti members seem to have noticed (not just me and my crew) that you have a habit of making needless pops at the AFT over what are clearly non-issues. This is something that goes far beyond any kind of intellectual disagreement and even in my view goes beyond a passionate dislike and to me seems more like a vindictive glee in hassling other people (ie volunteers). Add this to your previously unsubstantiated allegation (amongst other allegations) of vote-rigging and the fact that you used the wave emoticon as a clear direct message to me who you were taking the pee out of and it just confirms to me that you're looking for a reaction.

You don't like the AFT, I get it. But if we'd released such a statement you'd be calling us Dibley saying we were making ourselves seem self-important on an unimportant issue. No win situation. I would love to be able to talk about the Trust with you in an open and honest way but I strongly suspect that now you've got the bite you were looking for when you made that post, you won't respond any further.

C

Connor Clarke

The programme seller in question has apologised on Twitter, and that's the end of this 'saga' I reckon