Brent criticised for not starting different building project | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent criticised for not starting different building project

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
dunlop":3o0xg8nx said:
Mike Greening":3o0xg8nx said:
I'm just happy that we have a club to support thanks to JB and others. Everything else will fall into place in due course. :scarf:

Apathy like that got us to where we are today.

It's not apathy, it's recognizing the rising cost of building such enterprizes. JB might just surprise everyone in the end and it might just start. The Grandstand that is. :greensmile:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Pointblank":d7v5vmxw said:
Dont P**s me off people....BALLOON PAYMENT !!!

Impending payment due (not sure when, but not in the distant future) to clear debt (not sure exactly how much, but more than a packet of balloons)
Club hierarchy quoted as saying our only hope of meeting this payment is the completion of the HHP development :sad:

Oct 21, 2005
plymouth
Thank the Lord for U.T.L. !!

If anybody can put a bit of meat on the bones like how big a balloon it is then please feel free. I mean is it a whoopi cushion or an Ibiza Bananna Boat as size does matter !

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":1vlxwrms said:
Mike Greening":1vlxwrms said:
Everything else will fall into place in due course. :scarf:

And there it is. The dictionary definition of the Plymouth attitude

Or of course, we could down the other route of shouting our vacuous gobs off, not allowing for what must inevitably going on in the background.

Perhaps it's pointing out that what was said at a Q&A might have changed since that time.

'There is no Plan B' might have been right then, it might not be now.

Just a thought.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Pointblank":2v3awq69 said:
OMG 14 PAGES OF TOTAL CRAP !!!

Im not bothered about who likes who or who belives in fairies we all know the grandstand wont get built within the next 12 months, after that we could all be dead !

I just want to know what is the 'balloon payment' all about as I have avoided this site like the plague for a long time and now i realise why but if somebody can put me straight on this SERIOUS TOPIC that would be much appreciated as I want to know if its worth buying a new argyle shirt or if we are going mammaries up again anytime soon ?

My understanding (and please butt in a correct me if I am wrong) of the situation is that Brent's agreement with the football creditors to pay off the debt when he took charge of the club was that 50% would be paid in manageable installments over a 5 year period and the other 50% would be paid in one lump sum. That lump sum is the balloon payment, and is estimated to be in the region of 2 - 3 million pounds due October 2016. Brent's plan, and only plan, to settle that part of the debt was to use part of the profit made from the HHP development. With HHP a seeming dead duck, questions are being raised as to how Brent will be able to pay off the money owed to the football creditors - the failure to pay the balloon payment could be disastrous, of course.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
spowell92":379hmuxv said:
Pointblank":379hmuxv said:
OMG 14 PAGES OF TOTAL CRAP !!!

Im not bothered about who likes who or who belives in fairies we all know the grandstand wont get built within the next 12 months, after that we could all be dead !

I just want to know what is the 'balloon payment' all about as I have avoided this site like the plague for a long time and now i realise why but if somebody can put me straight on this SERIOUS TOPIC that would be much appreciated as I want to know if its worth buying a new argyle shirt or if we are going mammaries up again anytime soon ?

My understanding (and please butt in a correct me if I am wrong) of the situation is that Brent's agreement with the football creditors to pay off the debt when he took charge of the club was that 50% would be paid in manageable installments over a 5 year period and the other 50% would be paid in one lump sum. That lump sum is the balloon payment, and is estimated to be in the region of 2 - 3 million pounds due October 2016. Brent's plan, and only plan, to settle that part of the debt was to use part of the profit made from the HHP development. With HHP a seeming dead duck, questions are being raised as to how Brent will be able to pay off the money owed to the football creditors - the failure to pay the balloon payment could be disastrous, of course.
And I believe I ready before Brent's budgets for the balloon payment was based on the Grandstand being open this season (meaning from just this season he will be missing an extra £1m-£2m revenue from the grandstand which he was forecasting).

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":31gwxeqe said:
up_the_line":31gwxeqe said:
Mike Greening":31gwxeqe said:
Everything else will fall into place in due course. :scarf:

And there it is. The dictionary definition of the Plymouth attitude

Or of course, we could down the other route of shouting our vacuous gobs off, not allowing for what must inevitably going on in the background.

Perhaps it's pointing out that what was said at a Q&A might have changed since that time.

'There is no Plan B' might have been right then, it might not be now.

Just a thought.

The only vacuum is the vacuum of information coming out of the club.
The only inevitability is that people will assume we're no closer a solution if the club don't actually say they're actively working on an alternative strategy.
Sorry, but your hint that there is a highly secretive Plan B being hashed out deep in the corridors of Home Park is at odds with the last statements from the club on the matter, which is that HHP is the be all and end all so until Brent or Starnes come out and say they're working on Plan B I'll be referring to their latest stated position as opposed to some vaguely hypothetical Plan B that may or may not exist.
Please remind me what happened the last time we blithely 'allowed for what was inevitably happening in the background'.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No hint intended, I know nothing of what is going on either.

Just the thought process that they would do zero, nothing and sit there and wait until 2016 is just incredibly stupid.

I don't know what you do for a job UTL, but most of us have to plan, budget and forecast ahead by at least 9 months in advance, this situation needs even more time than that.

I'm not saying I don't worry, of course I do, but sometimes it's very dangerous to assume that those in a position to make decisions aren't making them, or not planning to.

So it's not a Janner 'let's wait and see' but some of us have enough faith to trust people.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":wiro25j8 said:
No hint intended, I know nothing of what is going on either.

Just the thought process that they would do zero, nothing and sit there and wait until 2016 is just incredibly stupid.

I don't know what you do for a job UTL, but most of us have to plan, budget and forecast ahead by at least 9 months in advance, this situation needs even more time than that.

I'm not saying I don't worry, of course I do, but sometimes it's very dangerous to assume that those in a position to make decisions aren't making them, or not planning to.

So it's not a Janner 'let's wait and see' but some of us have enough faith to trust people.
:clap: :clap:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fair enough Ian, it may be the case that an absolutely fantastic and sure thing Plan B has been worked up. If that's the case, why the hush hush? So much for honesty, openness and transparency... Blindly following based purely on faith in my opinion is burying your head in the sand, especially after the last time. So much for never again.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
spowell92":1knwc1gc said:
Fair enough Ian, it may be the case that an absolutely fantastic and sure thing Plan B has been worked up. If that's the case, why the hush hush? So much for honesty, openness and transparency... Blindly following based purely on faith in my opinion is burying your head in the sand, especially after the last time. So much for never again.
I'm sure they will try to carry on HHP (but unlikely to be built before 2016) and what sort of message would it give to potential investors if they say their only hope is a plan B.