Brent criticised for not starting different building project | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent criticised for not starting different building project

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
PL2 3DQ":922j24ec said:
It's a myth that posters can't be anti-James Brent or anti-grandstand on Pasoti, if anything it's the other way with posters who want to support James Brent and the grandstand now getting rounded on and ridiculed.

I think generally that's a fair point, despite the accusations by a few that there is a cover up - however (although I didn't see it myself) there was a poster yesterday who made a thread which criticised James Brent and it was quickly removed from the forum. That's not a dig at the mods, it may have been rightly moved. By from what I understand it was just an anti Brent post.

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
spowell92":1stup483 said:
PL2 3DQ":1stup483 said:
It's a myth that posters can't be anti-James Brent or anti-grandstand on Pasoti, if anything it's the other way with posters who want to support James Brent and the grandstand now getting rounded on and ridiculed.

I think generally that's a fair point, despite the accusations by a few that there is a cover up - however (although I didn't see it myself) there was a poster yesterday who made a thread which criticised James Brent and it was quickly removed from the forum. That's not a dig at the mods, it may have been rightly moved. By from what I understand it was just an anti Brent post.

That post was removed for two reasons.

1: The words used, one especially, were in the wrong context and potentially libellous.

2: The person concerned has previously been banned from Pasoti.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It was a member of another website who has been banned by the Mods many times before.

He then followed that up with an abusive E mail.

We have these 'attacks' on a regular basis from people who constantly accuse others of having multis.

You happened to see that one, that's the only difference.

You'd be totally amazed what the poor old Admin team have to put up with, which is the reason why the numbers have been recently increased again.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fair enough. The removing of posts like that without explanation does tend to give fuel to those who argue that this site works with an agenda, but I also recognise that it would generally be difficult to offer an explanation for every mod action. Like you say, the only difference on this occasion is that I happened to see the poster ask where his thread went and my understand was that it was just an anti-Brent thread.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Mod team allows anything within the rules of the site.

I've said this before, but one of THE biggest self proclaimed seekers of truth and justice on another site who claims this site is biased was once on a Mod on this site (before he was sacked). I once had a signature which said 'Pulis and Kemp OUT' (it was before they came, and was a bit if joke really) - He PM'd me to said that Pasoti did not allow inflammatory signatures like that.

Now we have a poster (Mr Skin) who has the signature BRENT OUT.

You tell me how that works then?

Edite do add this is the same man who claims JB partly owns Pasoti. :funny:

N

NorfolkGreen

People raise concerns about PAFC related issues, sometimes it is comments that are regularly made by a small group of posters, then a small group of posters moan and complain about them, both groups then repeat the same childish behaviours for 10-12 pages, it then goes quiet. A few weeks later it's 2nd February again.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
i am in the camp that hope the development does not go ahead if the capacity of the stadium is going to be 16.5k, this football club should and deserves at the very least a 20k capacity stadium.

People will use statistics to say we will not get enough supporters to regularly get near a full capacity, statistics are only any good if you use them to get to your goal, what is James Brents goal/ambition for the football club.

Here is another useless statistic pre Dan McCauly when we were loosing on a regular basis our gates at times would be 3/4k, over the past 2/3 seasons the dross we have been watching far worst than pre Dan Mc we have been averaging 6/7k almost 100% increase so on that basis if we started to go up the leagues and get to the championship our average in the championship then at a guess 10/11k would increase by 100% a 20k stadium would not be big enough.

James Brent takes a lot of flak from me included but i do feel sorry for the guy with the exception of Tony Wrathall (the only one true Argyle supporter on the board) the other board members do not give him any support all they seem to do is put their expenses in every month, the paying fans contribute more than them.

Some of us only care about the football club and unfortunately our fears of the past dark days seem to be returning.

Maybe there is a solution out there but the silence from HP is deafening and only fuels debates like this and James Brent seems to loosing more and more credibility.

There is a hope if the team starts winning and continues for the fans to start returning in there thousands.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
IJN":13ucjzmh said:
You see, that's the power of democracy, you do what you want and they do what they want, what other way is there?
Absolutely right. Slippers or no slippers.
People are perfectly entitled to their opinion and to voice it on this site. One thing that irks me, always has done and always will, is people who criticise but cannot offer any alternative. Here we are at the start of another season, my 47th season, and all I would like to see is, despite the possible problems looming, is a united buoyant fan base with the aim to create a feel good factor which may spill over on to the pitch.

So come on guys (and gals) lets be really positive and supportive from now. A good start to the season with Argyle in the top few teams will swell the gates and help bring in the extra cash the club needs. :greensmile:

Jul 6, 2011
I agree that everyone should be allowed their opinion whichever side of the fence you stand, but I would suggest that firstly and foremost we must be in agreement that the welfare of Argyle is the number one priority. I fully support James Brent simply because cometh the hour cometh the man as they say and he rescued us when no one else was willing.
People on the site have suggested that yes, we were very grateful at the time, but that was a couple of years ago now and he hasn't performed a new trick since. In fact; say many he has dared to try and get something financial out of the deal by offering to build a grandstand with retail shops etc in it, what a b'stard, how dare he!!
I would also dare to say that the man appears to me to be quite a truthful individual, this is a statement supported by numerous business people I know personally and some comments on this website suggest the opposite view. Amazingly made by supporters who have probably never even met the man let alone had a conversation with him.
I firmly believe in time the grandstand will be built to present specification with the possibility of extending the capacity at a later date as the situation requires it. If that is the best deal on the table then we should settle for it, because frankly no one else is going to offer anything better.
Friends have said that Home park is a wonderful ground as it is and worthy of Championship status and the team progresses every year. When you think about that statement the very men who are responsible for all the potential still existing and progressing are now vilified by about 40% of the memebers of this website, it could only happen in this town :greensmile:

Oct 24, 2010
briangreen":1kqo9ld1 said:
I agree that everyone should be allowed their opinion whichever side of the fence you stand, but I would suggest that firstly and foremost we must be in agreement that the welfare of Argyle is the number one priority. I fully support James Brent simply because cometh the hour cometh the man as they say and he rescued us when no one else was willing.
People on the site have suggested that yes, we were very grateful at the time, but that was a couple of years ago now and he hasn't performed a new trick since. In fact; say many he has dared to try and get something financial out of the deal by offering to build a grandstand with retail shops etc in it, what a b'stard, how dare he!!
I would also dare to say that the man appears to me to be quite a truthful individual, this is a statement supported by numerous business people I know personally and some comments on this website suggest the opposite view. Amazingly made by supporters who have probably never even met the man let alone had a conversation with him.
I firmly believe in time the grandstand will be built to present specification with the possibility of extending the capacity at a later date as the situation requires it. If that is the best deal on the table then we should settle for it, because frankly no one else is going to offer anything better.
Friends have said that Home park is a wonderful ground as it is and worthy of Championship status and the team progresses every year. When you think about that statement the very men who are responsible for all the potential still existing and progressing are now vilified by about 40% of the memebers of this website, it could only happen in this town :greensmile:
This is a very reasoned post, the vast majority of which I agree with, however the major flaw is that it glosses over the capacity issue.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
esmer":bt6nvbe7 said:
briangreen":bt6nvbe7 said:
This is a very reasoned post, the vast majority of which I agree with, however the major flaw is that it glosses over the capacity issue.

Maybe briangreen doesn't 'see' the capacity issue the way you do? I don't see it your way, if I want to go and take Mrs Pogle and possibly friends, grandchildren whatever and enough seats can be bought then I don't have a capacity issue. If someone who doesn't go now, can't get an ST to watch their beloved Prem teams at HP in 'N' years time then I don't give a stuff tbh.

What I do say is: this is my last season sitting in that god awful, dangerous, cramped stand. If it doesn't go then I will (my 50th year btw!) and I will not transfer to the Devonport or Lyndhurst, I just won't go and I'm definite income not flybynight parttimeing gloryhunter income!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I'm just happy that we have a club to support thanks to JB and others. Everything else will fall into place in due course. :scarf:

Oct 21, 2005
plymouth
OMG 14 PAGES OF TOTAL CRAP !!!

Im not bothered about who likes who or who belives in fairies we all know the grandstand wont get built within the next 12 months, after that we could all be dead !

I just want to know what is the 'balloon payment' all about as I have avoided this site like the plague for a long time and now i realise why but if somebody can put me straight on this SERIOUS TOPIC that would be much appreciated as I want to know if its worth buying a new argyle shirt or if we are going mammaries up again anytime soon ?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Pogleswoody":34i9yxua said:
esmer":34i9yxua said:
briangreen":34i9yxua said:

Maybe briangreen doesn't 'see' the capacity issue the way you do? I don't see it your way, if I want to go and take Mrs Pogle and possibly friends, grandchildren whatever and enough seats can be bought then I don't have a capacity issue. If someone who doesn't go now, can't get an ST to watch their beloved Prem teams at HP in 'N' years time then I don't give a stuff tbh.

What I do say is: this is my last season sitting in that god awful, dangerous, cramped stand. If it doesn't go then I will (my 50th year btw!) and I will not transfer to the Devonport or Lyndhurst, I just won't go and I'm definite income not flybynight parttimeing gloryhunter income!

Pogle, are you saying you do not want to attract new fans to HP and to support the greens? It's that kind of attitude and the support of Brent's reductionist plans that'll hinder the progress of the club that Brian refers to. The progress will dry up when the limited resources have been exercised to their restricted max without any viable expansion opportunities on the table. The cynicism towards the once a seasoners is a rather backwards attitude. If you want a successful Argyle then we'll require those once a seasoners. Offer them a team worth watching and make them twice a seasoners, three times, maybe a white membership, then ST holders. Encourage them on the path to obsession rather than scorn at them till they return to the pub to watch United for free. Plymouth Argyle is no different to any other city or club that has surpassed their previous history and raised their profile to heights above Argyle that we can now only appear to dream of.

Brian mentions the myth that no one else will offer us better, but that's an avenue not yet explored. Brent has publicly announced that he's had interested parties wanting to take the reigns of the club and maybe (though maybe not) they could offer us what we require rather than the half arsed napkin doodles from Brent & co. There's another false truth here that Brent has saved the club, needless to say there's a balloon payment looming in which Brent's only plan to pay this off is not coming to fruition.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Mike Greening":k6jvgr47 said:
I'm just happy that we have a club to support thanks to JB and others. Everything else will fall into place in due course. :scarf:

Apathy like that got us to where we are today.