Bobby Reid recalled | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bobby Reid recalled

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":uiofqmut said:
Stiffler":uiofqmut said:
Cobi Budge.":uiofqmut said:
However people want to sugar coat this, it's pretty awful news.

Without Bobby there's no movement up top whatsoever, and there's no creativity from the midfield, I worry we'll revert to hoof ball or sideways and backwards passing.

I think a lot depends on whether Reuben steps up his game or not, we need him to be the hard working beast he was at the start of the season, not the passenger he's been lately.

So Reuben scoring a goal in each of the last two league games is carrying a passenger? just saying like!

Anyone who watched the opening games this season and the last 4 or 5 can surely see a noticeable difference.

RR needs to get back on form if we are to continue this play off push.
Worse than he was does not a passenger make. Passengers don't score decisive goals in 4 out of 5 league games over the past 5 weeks. Matchwinners do.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cotterill has been very genuine about it, he said he sent Sheridan a text last night and called him this morning to explain the situation. I remember Cotterill being a pundit on a Sky game a few years ago when we were playing and he said a lot of good things about Argyle so I reckon he will try and help us again in January.

Sheridan has said he may bring in a replacement and will also try to bring Reid back. If the injury situation at Bristol City eases we may see Reid back at Argyle in January.

We are still in a good position in the league and remain unbeaten in six league games, if we get six or seven points from the next three games (two at home) it could be "Bobby who?"

P

pafcstafford

He's gone but was never ours, I've faith in js that he can find a suitable replacement. On the positive it's a chance for one of our own or maybe js will see fit to slightly change the set up maybe instead of 532 we could be a little more suited to a 5221? That way you keep your back 5 settled cox and blizzard sitting in the middle and you still have Reid lewi and one of Bantom Smalley or thomas which could be seen as 541 defensively and 343 going forward?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":2gpe9r0y said:
Cotterill has been very genuine about it, he said he sent Sheridan a text last night and called him this morning to explain the situation. I remember Cotterill being a pundit on a Sky game a few years ago when we were playing and he said a lot of good things about Argyle so I reckon he will try and help us again in January.

Sheridan has said he may bring in a replacement and will also try to bring Reid back. If the injury situation at Bristol City eases we may see Reid back at Argyle in January.

We are still in a good position in the league and remain unbeaten in six league games, if we get six or seven points from the next three games (two at home) it could be "Bobby who?"

If we do not get the 6/7 points over the next 3 games, it will swiftly change to 'Bobby when?'

C

Cobi Budge.

While it's a blow, Blizzard can do a more than acceptable job at CAM imo.

C

Cobi Budge.

Dreamgreen":36a1u55w said:
Different style of CAM Cobi.

Blizzard does not have the pace to get past players in the same way as BR does.

Yep for sure.

But looking at our current squad I think Dom is the best fit.

There are only 2 other options really, Harvey who couldn't even stamp a mark on a game against non league opposition, and Banton who wouldn't work hard enough to play that role.

Apr 9, 2011
You can discount Banton as a replacement ,assuming he gets fit! No way does he have the drive &energy to fill that role or any other as far as I can see! BR is going to be a big loss just hope its not the Lavery syndrome again, guess the next few games will supply the answer beginning with the "biggy" tomo.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I think Bobby Reid had a bigger impact on the "team" than how good a player he was in himself.

Without him we don't have a direct replacement of anywhere near the quality or that will have such an uplifting effect on the overall team

probably have to go with

McCormack
Nelson Hartley Hugh
Mellor Cox, O'Connor, Norburn, Kellett
Alessandra, Reid

Not a bad team in itself just not really creative enough. If Reid and Lewi don't convert their chances when they come we will get caught on the break

Apr 28, 2013
Just need a player which just doesn't stop running! It just makes the opposition rush things and not play things as quickly as they could. Bobby was also very good on the ball too with his pace. If Banton decided to put in 100% and not stop then he would be a good replacement, although I'm not so sure that will be the case!

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Both DB and JB seem to play at a slower pace, perhaps with more guile in the pass. But is there swiftness of movement around them to let them excel? Don't think so. Maybe they can connect with Smalley, seems our pace upfront, the hope

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Reid is a substitute for Bristol City today.