Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement) | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement)

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Not surprised the police weren’t interested. I’m sure they have more important matters to deal with. Let Argyle manage their ticketing policies. Banning him this season might have done him a huge favour!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Duke":24gl36k9 said:
IJN":24gl36k9 said:
The Duke":24gl36k9 said:
Let Argyle manage their ticketing policies.

They have.

And don’t we know it!!

Agreed, Argyle have handled this sensibly and professionally.

The fact that he's banned for the season, will have to go through a review to come back and has had to deal with the police even if nothing came of that will put many off from trying this, the fact that it's been made so public should also drill the message home for others that the club takes these things very seriously.

Aug 5, 2016
Genuinely can't believe there is a 23 page thread on a ticketing incident which affects one person.

Even Pieface didn't get this much press when he got banned.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
Ollieargyle9":37zi91gr said:
The Duke":37zi91gr said:
IJN":37zi91gr said:
The Duke":37zi91gr said:

They have.

And don’t we know it!!

The fact that he's banned for the season, will have to go through a review to come back and has had to deal with the police even if nothing came of that will put many off from trying this, the fact that it's been made so public should also drill the message home for others that the club takes these things very seriously.

I couldn’t disagree more; the club have been neither sensible or professional in their dealings with this incident. I’m not condoning the actions of the individual, and the club were right to impose a sanction . However, the club statement and the following comms have been far from professional and look to me to be more akin to a vendetta against the individual. It seems to me that the biggest issue the clubhas is that someone is vocal on social media against how the club is run , and as a consequence has been deliberately targeted to make a to make an example out of.

This just plays into the hands of the detractors and reinforces their view on how the club is run. If anything the club, in my view, by using phrases such as fraud etc has come across as petty and vindictive. The message is loud and clear, you can have an opinion on the club so long as it’s the right one, if it goes against the clubs hierarchy then there will be consequences.

If the club had just dealt with it out of the spot light the detractors would have not been able to use it for their propaganda. As it is it’s just a huge PR own goal for the club and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

May 8, 2011
Taxman Dave":2fpnvftk said:
Ollieargyle9":2fpnvftk said:
The Duke":2fpnvftk said:
IJN":2fpnvftk said:
The Duke":2fpnvftk said:

They have.

And don’t we know it!!

I couldn’t disagree more; the club have been neither sensible or professional in their dealings with this incident. I’m not condoning the actions of the individual, and the club were right to impose a sanction . However, the club statement and the following comms have been far from professional and look to me to be more akin to a vendetta against the individual. It seems to me that the biggest issue the clubhas is that someone is vocal on social media against how the club is run , and as a consequence has been deliberately targeted to make a to make an example out of.

This just plays into the hands of the detractors and reinforces their view on how the club is run. If anything the club, in my view, by using phrases such as fraud etc has come across as petty and vindictive. The message is loud and clear, you can have an opinion on the club so long as it’s the right one, if it goes against the clubs hierarchy then there will be consequences.

If the club had just dealt with it out of the spot light the detractors would have not been able to use it for their propaganda. As it is it’s just a huge PR own goal for the club and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If you saw what was being posted on Facebook on the Saturday by this person and others I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion.

It took the Club issueing the statement on that Saturday before the detractors could be questioned in what they were posting.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
I did see what was being posted. I understood that what they were claiming to be the case on FB wasn’t the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If anything it was obvious that there was more to it than the individual was trying to claim, and that as with these things the truth will get out. I just don’t think the club needed to be the ones to be drawn down to that level. By doing so they’ve given a lot of wanted attention to the detractors and, again in my own personal opinion, have poured a lot of petrol on to the flames.

I understand we are not going to agree on the issue. I can understand that individuals within the club will have been incensed by the claims of certain posters on the FB site, and understand the human nature of wanting to strike out. However the post I was replying to said they had adopted a “sensible and professional” approach, and for the reasons I have outlined above I think that’s far from the reality.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Taxman Dave":1l6m2i49 said:
Ollieargyle9":1l6m2i49 said:
The Duke":1l6m2i49 said:
IJN":1l6m2i49 said:
The Duke":1l6m2i49 said:

They have.

And don’t we know it!!

Absolutely spot on.

Only thing to add would be that the club has now set the bar at a rediculously high and embarrassingly public level, when any similar issue arises in the future.

If the police aren’t involved and statement aren’t published on the baggo, they leave themselves wide open to huge double standards claims.

Rank amateur, as is far too often the case.

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":3b65xofd said:
Taxman Dave":3b65xofd said:
Ollieargyle9":3b65xofd said:
The Duke":3b65xofd said:
IJN":3b65xofd said:
The Duke":3b65xofd said:

They have.

And don’t we know it!!

Absolutely spot on.

Only thing to add would be that the club has now set the bar at a rediculously high and embarrassingly public level, when any similar issue arises in the future.

If the police aren’t involved and statement aren’t published on the baggo, they leave themselves wide open to huge double standards claims.

Rank amateur, as is far too often the case.

The Club issued one statement stating the facts to correct misleading statements on social media, as they did about Songo’o, and then details of the ticketing policy how is that rank amateurish?

Feb 8, 2005
Taxman Dave":tv997qfj said:
Ollieargyle9":tv997qfj said:
The Duke":tv997qfj said:
IJN":tv997qfj said:
The Duke":tv997qfj said:

They have.

And don’t we know it!!

You are completely wrong on so many levels.

An incident came to the attention of the Club, and the Club dealt with it in a very professional manner.

It made the fanbase aware of the incident and also made the fanbase aware of the resultant conclusions and actions taken regarding the incident.

The Club cannot be criticised for these actions. The matter has been dealt with in the correct manner. The person involved has been dealt with and it is now history.

A similar matter will be dealt with in a similar way, and the fanbase now know what to expect from the Club in similar circumstances.

Well done the Club.

Time to move on, Dave.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
I said we would disagree and I respect your opinion. If another member of the green army had been identified as basically abusing the system as this individual clearly had been, the sensible and professional approach would have been to bring this to he attention of the individual outside of a match day environment. That way the club would have been able to impose their sanctions outside of the public glare, would have been able to maintain the morale high ground and given a stark warning about future conduct.

They didn’t! They deliberately chose to castigate the individual (who is well know to the clubs hierarchy as a chief detractor) as publicly as they possibly could. Whilst this has had the effect of highlighting the policy, it has, to those that have no sides in the debate, shown how the club will look to silence its detractors. I do not for a minute believe that if this was a different member of the green army the same actions would have ensued.

So my initial point of the club not acting in a sensible and professional remains clear to me. By specifically identifying the individual, by making such a public declaration (the club would have clearly been aware that this was happening over a significant period of time and therefore chose to act on the day of the match), by including the police and using such emotive words as fraudulent then I believe I am not clearly wrong on so many levels. Instead I remain convinced the club could have avoided this disastrous PR mess and not provided further evidence to the detractors that you can’t gave an option if it goes against the clubs hierarchy.

Oct 24, 2010
Taxman Dave":1j03bqis said:
Ollieargyle9":1j03bqis said:
The Duke":1j03bqis said:
IJN":1j03bqis said:
The Duke":1j03bqis said:

They have.

And don’t we know it!!

I tend to agree with a lot of what you say, it seems a bit heavy handed by the club and gives the club's detractors ammunition. For me it is a systems failure, surely a carer shouldn't be allowed free entry to the ground unless he, or she, is in the company of the person for whom he, or she, cares. I think the club should have taken a pragmatic view, dealt with it quietly and improved their systems to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Taxman Dave":z0vwvivy said:
I said we would disagree and I respect your opinion. If another member of the green army had been identified as basically abusing the system as this individual clearly had been, the sensible and professional approach would have been to bring this to he attention of the individual outside of a match day environment. That way the club would have been able to impose their sanctions outside of the public glare, would have been able to maintain the morale high ground and given a stark warning about future conduct.

This member of the green army had been identified as basically abusing the system, and was removed for that reason. That the member decided to be removed in a manner bringing attention to himself, and then continuing to spout foulmouthed tirades on social media while glossing over the real reason for his removal by claiming it was due to being anti-Brent, and nothing to do with abusing a system designed for those in need of support resulted in the need for the club to issue a public statement to clarify the reasons.

Had the individual gone quietly and reasonably, and accepted the results of their actions, I'm sure their would not have been a club statement issued.

They didn’t! They deliberately chose to castigate the individual (who is well know to the clubs hierarchy as a chief detractor) as publicly as they possibly could.

Let's not forget the individual challenging anyone who offered a different opinion to his version of events, the chance to fight for his honour!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Taxman Dave":d67k2l4w said:

They didn’t! They deliberately chose to castigate the individual (who is well know to the clubs hierarchy as a chief detractor) as publicly as they possibly could. Whilst this has had the effect of highlighting the policy, it has, to those that have no sides in the debate, shown how the club will look to silence its detractors. I do not for a minute believe that if this was a different member of the green army the same actions would have ensued.

So my initial point of the club not acting in a sensible and professional remains clear to me. By specifically identifying the individual, by making such a public declaration (the club would have clearly been aware that this was happening over a significant period of time and therefore chose to act on the day of the match), by including the police and using such emotive words as fraudulent then I believe I am not clearly wrong on so many levels. Instead I remain convinced the club could have avoided this disastrous PR mess and not provided further evidence to the detractors that you can’t gave an option if it goes against the clubs hierarchy.

The club didn't name the individual, he did that himself when claiming on Free Chat that he was banned because he was placing stickers inside the stadium, he then posted abusive messages towards staff.

The club would have seen these lies and then issued a professional statement which portrayed the truth.

If the individual had kept quiet and waited for the result of the investigation there would have been no public statement by the club.
All the club have done is correct his lies.

As mentioned above, anyone who disagreed with this individual were threatened and offered out for a fight.

I wonder how genuine carers and their disabled partners feel about his actions?