Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement) | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement)

Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
moles40":1953mwht said:
And stop putting a stupid banner across the website asking if I accept cookies,so annoying :banghead:

It's a legal requirement. The Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation that requires websites to get consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer, smartphone or tablet.

https://www.cookielaw.org/the-cookie-law/

Not to be confused with the cookie law where any cookie taken from a cookie jar has to be eaten, no returning to the jar allowed!

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Time to move on perhaps. He tried something on, he got caught, he's now banned for the rest of the season.

It's always a shame when any fan gets banned in my opinion BUT it sends out a message to others that might try to abuse the system.

Lundan Cabbie

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I wonder if the disabled member has been allowed to keep their carer ticket and can use a different helper for the remainder of the season. The carer who abused the system wasn't actually a member. Have the club just banned the disabled member from using a particular individual?

N

NorfolkGreen

In my opinion it was a massive over reaction to involve the Police, I’m not sold on the severity of the ban either but it’s over, case closed, move onto the game on Saturday.

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not sure how anyone can come to ANY conclusion NG, without the full facts. Do you know them?

The club no doubt have the full facts and they have dealt with the matter in the way they think fit.

If the perpetrator accepts his punishment, what's it got to do with anyone else but him and PAFC?

Feb 8, 2005
I know what you're saying Ian, but it does make people think twice about doing something similar, either by deliberation or by mistake.

And it created discussion.

Anyway, it doesn't do any harm to highlight these things occasionally, as PAFC did on their website.

PAFC have now concluded the matter, and people can make up their own mind as to whether the punishment fitted the crime (even with the full facts only known by PAFC and the perpetrator).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 31, 2010
The person involved has published on Facebook a letter sent to him by the club (not the smartest thing to do) where the club claim their records indicate he has attended matches free of charge on at least six occasions over the last 18 months.
The club also noted he posted abusive messages on "social media" aimed at club staff.

Jul 29, 2010
Bring back the stocks. A good bit of face to face public humiliation would help deter many of modern societies ills.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
NorfolkGreen":2c4apxcr said:
In my opinion it was a massive over reaction to involve the Police, I’m not sold on the severity of the ban either but it’s over, case closed, move onto the game on Saturday.

Massive overreaction? It was you who lost money as a result of this little scheme then was it?

If 6 games was the suspected taking that's £120+ the club lost out on. If someone stopped you in the street and took £120 of your money are you suggesting you wouldn't want the police involved?

Ticket sales are the club's lifeblood, it's entirely their call who needs to be involved in a suspected case of fraud. At the very least to deter others from trying themselves.

N

NorfolkGreen

It’s my opinion, unfortunately I’m entitled to have one.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Thomas Edwards":35ygh0rs said:
If I steal something from a shop is it ok so long as it is only £20 or so?

Oh, if the shopkeeper calls the police for such pittance they are clearly overreacting.

I think the real question is how many times can I pop in to my local shop and walk out with £20 worth of goods before the police should be involved. 7 times? 10? 20? My local shop keep is racking up quite the bill here.

You are entitled to your opinion Norfolk, just as I'm entitled to believe it's completely wrong.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
NorfolkGreen":2e8rbij6 said:
It’s my opinion, unfortunately I’m entitled to have one.

And people are allowed to disagree with it, without you getting uppity about it.