Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement) | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banned for Season Ticket Misuse? (Club statement)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
How would this be for a scam? You have a disabled person in your family who qualifies for a senior citizen concession. As they are disabled they also qualify for a free carers ticket. Instead of buying a full price season ticket, you buy one for your disabled family member and name yourself as the carer. Come match days, you turn up and gain entry with your free ticket but your disabled relative stays at home each game. Now I'm not saying this has happened in this case but if you wanted to rip the club off and save yourself a few bob, you might just get away with it. Keep your head down and don't attract attention to yourself though. ;)

Fat_green_belly":vrpjje20 said:
I owe you an apology as i have seen tonight that steve heller and sue clarke of padsa have stated that disabled
tickets are indeed full price elsewhere than in the disabled stand. Price concessions outside the stand are only for the
young and for the over 65s. Apparently only in the mini stand can all price concessions be found which does sound a bit
discriminatory against all the other disabled argyle fans tbh.
Especially wheelchair users as there were only 9 spaces in there to use from memory.
Perhaps things have changed in the last 7 years as i am sure back in 2010, dad and the other wheelchair users
in the stand were being asked to pay more, not less, for the raised view as opposed to using the ground level
views elsewhere around the ground. I could be mistaken though as it was a long time ago now.
If your a wheelchair user, whatever your age or whereabouts in the ground, then you really should be getting
some concession on prices? Surely? I guess the free carer ticket is seen as the main concession for them?
Whatever, your point was well made and i do agree now with your scenario that a disabled person paying full whack,
which is apparently happening, should be able to lend his seat to a non disabled person just like i did with my brother.
Carer tickets however, thats another matter, and should only be used to accompany the disabled ticket as steve and sue state.
Time to get back to talking footie again methinks. :thumbup:

You don't owe me an apology FGB - it was just 'healthy debate'. Thanks for taking the time to post the above though - I agree with all of that!

As you say, back to footie... apparently there's a game going on up North somewhere this evening?! ;-)

Apr 6, 2009
Jon Watts":2e8btbdu said:
Fat_green_belly":2e8btbdu said:
I owe you an apology as i have seen tonight that steve heller and sue clarke of padsa have stated that disabled
tickets are indeed full price elsewhere than in the disabled stand. Price concessions outside the stand are only for the
young and for the over 65s. Apparently only in the mini stand can all price concessions be found which does sound a bit
Especially wheelchair users as there were only 9 spaces in there to use from memory.
Perhaps things have changed in the last 7 years as i am sure back in 2010, dad and the other wheelchair users
in the stand were being asked to pay more, not less, for the raised view as opposed to using the ground level
views elsewhere around the ground. I could be mistaken though as it was a long time ago now.
If your a wheelchair user, whatever your age or whereabouts in the ground, then you really should be getting
some concession on prices? Surely? I guess the free carer ticket is seen as the main concession for them?
Whatever, your point was well made and i do agree now with your scenario that a disabled person paying full whack,
which is apparently happening, should be able to lend his seat to a non disabled person just like i did with my brother.
Carer tickets however, thats another matter, and should only be used to accompany the disabled ticket as steve and sue state.

You don't owe me an apology FGB - it was just 'healthy debate'. Thanks for taking the time to post the above though - I agree with all of that!

As you say, back to footie... apparently there's a game going on up North somewhere this evening?! ;-)

I didn't realise this either but how is a disabled person who sits in the normal stand (who doesn't therefore have a concession) and who can't attend without a carer entitled to a free ticket but others such as young children who coudln't attend without their carer not? I'm not suggesting for one minute all parents should get in for free but I just don't get it. If you are able to sit in a normal seat and not use a concession should you be able to get the free concession? I don't know the answer I just wondered other views

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
katkin":2gjkp2k3 said:
Jon Watts":2gjkp2k3 said:
Fat_green_belly":2gjkp2k3 said:

I didn't realise this either but how is a disabled person who sits in the normal stand (who doesn't therefore have a concession) and who can't attend without a carer entitled to a free ticket but others such as young children who coudln't attend without their carer not? I'm not suggesting for one minute all parents should get in for free but I just don't get it. If you are able to sit in a normal seat and not use a concession should you be able to get the free concession? I don't know the answer I just wondered other views

I guess it would be the question of how does the Disabled Supporter get to the ground, into the ground and into their seat safely (and home at the end). Able to sit in a 'normal' ( :oops: it's a seat! ) seat but wouldn't be there without assistance? Carers help them but also help 'us' with safe access, response to an emergency etc? :think:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
katkin":32m3kgi1 said:
Jon Watts":32m3kgi1 said:
Fat_green_belly":32m3kgi1 said:

Katkin

I think too often there is confusion surrounding the word "Disabled". The oft conjured image of someone in a wheel chair is not the defining definition and therefore football clubs and other organisations look for broader terms.Ive seen reference on this thread to Higher Rate DLA for both care and mobility, which in my view, is a pretty good guide, http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/social-car ... wance.aspx offers some guidance on this. But, as an example, it allows for the seriously visually impaired fan to be accompanied by a carer. They do not require seats in the Disabled stand and can enjoy the match elsewhere in the ground.

The visually impaired is just an example, there are many other groups and individuals who qualify but do not need the use of the Disability Stand.

As for children, well, I guess the Club has to draw a line somewhere, although they do receive concessionary prices and special offers through the season.

Apr 6, 2009
Pogleswoody":3azbdzzi said:
katkin":3azbdzzi said:
Jon Watts":3azbdzzi said:
Fat_green_belly":3azbdzzi said:

I guess it would be the question of how does the Disabled Supporter get to the ground, into the ground and into their seat safely (and home at the end). Able to sit in a 'normal' ( :oops: it's a seat! ) seat but wouldn't be there without assistance? Carers help them but also help 'us' with safe access, response to an emergency etc? :think:

apologies about 'normal' seat - i meant a seat available to us all, as opposed to a seat in the disabled stand available to those who require the disabled stand!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
katkin":ue55ysn0 said:
Pogleswoody":ue55ysn0 said:
katkin":ue55ysn0 said:
Jon Watts":ue55ysn0 said:
Fat_green_belly":ue55ysn0 said:

apologies about 'normal' seat - i meant a seat available to us all, as opposed to a seat in the disabled stand available to those who require the disabled stand!

No probs mate, just highlighted it cos it is so easy for anyone to think you are being insensitive when you aren't.

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Bonkers, so I can't attend, and can't lend my ticket to someone who wants to attend without an analysis of my purchase history (to make sure no miniscule advantage has been gained by the lendee)? It 'aint going happen, so meanwhile the seat remains empty and any value of peripheral purchases normally made by any attendee are lost to the club....no 'big picture' vision.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Duncan Rice":37pr5zb3 said:
Bonkers, so I can't attend, and can't lend my ticket to someone who wants to attend without an analysis of my purchase history (to make sure no miniscule advantage has been gained by the lendee)? It 'aint going happen, so meanwhile the seat remains empty and any value of peripheral purchases normally made by any attendee are lost to the club....no 'big picture' vision.

Not exactly. You, on behalf of your friend can exchange your seat for a discount against the cost of their ticket.

May 16, 2016
Not that Ive looked, but I was once told by an Arsenal fan of the 'Trade' in ST Seats, basically people sell theirs or portions of it on. A similar thing at a lot of Clubs, sell on your ticket for the biggest games and cover your costs for the remainder of the Season.

Obviously, where the attendances are some 7 times greater than ours and a lot more transient, it's probably less of a concern or manageable to the Clubs concerned.

olive green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 3, 2004
Liverpool
I sat in the Centenary Stand at Anfield for the FA Cup tie with my younger son using two season tickets via a friend of my older son. Season tickets are 'shared' a lot at Anfield. The view of the Green Army was terrific :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Club statement...

The Herald. "As a result of investigations into incidents at and after our home game against Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, October 14, we reported the matter to the police, who spoke to a person about their conduct.
“We have also suspended that person from Home Park until the end of the season, which we feel is a proportionate and satisfactory response.
“The suspension will be reviewed at the end of the season. The person has been informed of the suspension and of the club’s appeals procedure."

Apr 5, 2008
Isondil":15x50y3w said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/october/ticketing-faq/

The club clarifying its policy ref tickets

Why does it cost more if your over 65 ,if you borrow a ticket.Seems unfair .

And stop putting a stupid banner across the website asking if I accept cookies,so annoying :banghead: