1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed) | Page 31 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed)

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
I think the seats are needed for every game. It's the spread of noise and atmosphere for the run in which is important. Every bit which can help should be put into place.

Oct 16, 2016
The Duke":2smn6ztd said:
I think the seats are needed for every game. It's the spread of noise and atmosphere for the run in which is important. Every bit which can help should be put into place.

they'll be empty, costing the club money sat there empty

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Goes a long way of showing potential ground requirement when/if we get to the championship and above.

20-25k round be suffice

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
But if they are not empty, then other areas of the ground where people normally sit will be. We will be club will be paying for seats but not getting any more bums on seats. Not a good idea financially.

Oct 16, 2016
The Duke":azbhhgop said:
But that's just it - they won't be empty! I'm sure the board will be looking at doing something.
The ground is empty (relatively) for most of the league matches

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
They'll be down before the weekend: that's what has been said. We probably only got them at such short-notice because it's a quiet time of the year, and those temporary seats are probably booked in for events around the country in the coming weeks and months.

Don't forget, even with them all sold at £35, the club was making a loss hiring them out for this week. Even if the club was in a position to hire them for the rest of the season, only part-filling them at a reduced price (nobody will sit there for £35 for league games) would be financial stupidity, and those days are supposed to be behind us.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Yes I realise that. But that's like saying 200 away fans make no impact because there are so many empty seats in their end. I'm going back years now but believe me the Mayflower always had an impact. 'Mayflower agro'!

IF The Club have already admitted that they will "make a loss" from these seats...................

then make a few marketing gestures..............to reduce the loss and invest in the future.............

PJ where are you, my friend ?

..................keep the seats.....................................

a kid for free but bring your Dad or brother or uncle for a tenner ?

.........................or any other ideas that could enhance the audience in our promotion drive..............

We MAY need them in the last few games of the season so nurture them now [post-Liverpool] so they are still buzzing about that ?

Come on lets use it when we can !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Whatever your view on the organisation/view/cost etc and whether they can stay to the end of the season or not, surely there is no doubt that it looked better not having a dead terrace there and whets the appetite for a redevelopment of that side of the ground.

Dec 3, 2005
Besides the temp seats looking so much better - having them there also breaths down the neck of the opponants Manager and the Linesman, who get away with a quiet afternoon.

Dec 19, 2009
I agree the whole look and atmosphere last night was improved, however it wasn't the excellent seating of the Championship years. Having sat, no stood 90% of the time, in the temporary stand last night I can assure you no-one would ever choose to watch from there when we revert to our normal attendances. Never saw a single glimpse of the nearside lino all game and it's anyones guess what happened when the play was within 10yards of the Mayflower side. No, once tried never repeated and given the choice that a normal league attendance permits what would most people pick? 20 quid for a perfect view or 20 quid for a less than acceptable view. It's a no brainer really.
Good effort Argyle but all things considered was it all really worth it just to accommodate predominantly 1400 who are, in the main, unlikely to attend until we next play a 'big' club. Poor bit of business, it's got to go and let's just get on with the new grandstand.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
CornishGreenWhite":3lk0xhgt said:
Couldn't see the near touchline but didnt care too much. Meant that i was there and got to see a great match. Cant wait for the Mayflower to properly re open. Looked fantastic last night

Count yourself lucky in having a far better view than any of us in the Disabled stand. Our view was severely restricted by the temp seating. With a very angry and poorly treated set of mostly regular fans.
:furious:

Z

ZZZZMarker12

argyleapf":31jjacbh said:
CornishGreenWhite":31jjacbh said:
Couldn't see the near touchline but didnt care too much. Meant that i was there and got to see a great match. Cant wait for the Mayflower to properly re open. Looked fantastic last night

Count yourself lucky in having a far better view than any of us in the Disabled stand. Our view was severely restricted by the temp seating. With a very angry and poorly treated set of mostly regular fans.
:furious:

There's no pleasing some people. Considering the timescale I thought the club did a great job with the temporary seating. It appears they made 1800 people happy and only a handful unhappy.