1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed) | Page 32 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed)

A

ArgyleAndy

Was a couple rows up from the front in the temporary seating. Best view I've ever had watching Argyle!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I don't get this making a loss business if you do a profit and loss account on this cup run Argyle are at least £1.5 of unbudgeted income in the black.

Dec 19, 2009
Fergy":32sktuq9 said:
I can't believe people are moaning about the view from the temporary seating.
And I can't believe that you can't believe people are moaning! I'm guessing you didn't sit there last night and can't fully appreciate the hassle this temporary white elephant has caused for life long ST holders kicked out of their seats in the Mayflower to accommodate it!
Additionally would it not be unreasonable for someone buying the dearest ticket on sale to expect they might just get one of the best, if not the best view of the match? I don't recall any mention of restricted view with these seats and that's certainly how they should have been sold.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I can't believe the number of people who would start a fight in a phone box.

Not to mention some of the ridiculous sums of money being quoted.

Oct 16, 2016
Andy_S":2qmk01lc said:
I can't believe the number of people who would start a fight in a phone box.

Not to mention some of the ridiculous sums of money being quoted.

Amen

Very serious stuff that's not very serious

Oct 31, 2015
I dont know why the club bother. 1800 people got tickets who wouldn't have if this was not put up so quickly. Yea it had issues but it was cobbled together v quickly. I feel for the disabled section because they didnt have an option and I suspect the club got caught out as well. Well done all involved for getting this sorted but next time dont bother. As a ST holder I have my seat!!!!

Aug 9, 2011
Whiddon down
dunlop":l2qqlzlw said:
I don't get this making a loss business if you do a profit and loss account on this cup run Argyle are at least £1.5 of unbudgeted income in the black.

£1.50 Dunlop??? Doesn't sound any more likely than the £1,500,000 you were claiming elsewhere!
The reality and true figure will no doubt come out at some point in the future and my guess is somewhere in between as i have heard between £600,000 & £1,000,000 quoted in the media.

Whatever the final sum is, it was a good money earner that is most welcome and will set us in good stall financially to build going forward over the coming seasons.

May 8, 2011
keyser soze":lcxm3sac said:
Fergy":lcxm3sac said:
I can't believe people are moaning about the view from the temporary seating.
And I can't believe that you can't believe people are moaning! I'm guessing you didn't sit there last night and can't fully appreciate the hassle this temporary white elephant has caused for life long ST holders kicked out of their seats in the Mayflower to accommodate it!
Additionally would it not be unreasonable for someone buying the dearest ticket on sale to expect they might just get one of the best, if not the best view of the match? I don't recall any mention of restricted view with these seats and that's certainly how they should have been sold.

The reason for charging £35 was explained, and if people knew the layout of Home Park they would know these weren't the best seats.
They were extremely lucky with the weather as very few would have been under cover.

Oct 24, 2014
as a season ticket holder in the mayflower seats , i was asked to move into the temp seats for the liverpool game, fair enough , the club dealt with it fine arranged seat , ticket , etc,,, the seats may have looked good from other parts of the ground , but the view was terrible,,it only took one person to stand up several rows in front, hence everyone then standing up , some felt the need to stand up everytime argyle touched the ball,hence everyone needing to stand, children near me couldnt see even when everyone was sat down , so children stood on the seats, and some elderly fans , gave up standing up , some near me didnt even see the penalty being taken , and was asking what happened,i for one hope they are removed soon as, they will not get used, we had 8000 against stevenage, maybe a extra 4to 5k will come for their annual match against exeter , but i can not see the need for them at all now,,do not upset your season tickets holders,i agreed to move but like i said the seating was not steep enough, should have been lower at front like before.. argyle take note, and yes a email like this has been sent to the club for the feedback they want,

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Brigga":2tqy3mmq said:
dunlop":2tqy3mmq said:

£1.50 Dunlop??? Doesn't sound any more likely than the £1,500,000 you were claiming elsewhere!
The reality and true figure will no doubt come out at some point in the future and my guess is somewhere in between as i have heard between £600,000 & £1,000,000 quoted in the media.

Whatever the final sum is, it was a good money earner that is most welcome and will set us in good stall financially to build going forward over the coming seasons.

Fact Brent said on Monday on Spotlight the club had made upto £1milloion upto now.

Jan 27, 2012
I think its way less than £1.5 million. I suspect that its less than half that amount- in the range £500,000 to £750,000 when all taxes, expenses and money to Liverpool is taken into account. A nice little earner nonetheless.

May 8, 2011
gaspargomez":2ouy8nfq said:
I think its way less than £1.5 million. I suspect that its less than half that amount- in the range £500,000 to £750,000 when all taxes, expenses and money to Liverpool is taken into account. A nice little earner nonetheless.

The amount quoted includes prize money, TV money and gate receipts from the previous rounds.
Not sure if it also includes all the extra commercial/shop sales and white memberships sold.

Aug 9, 2011
Whiddon down
dunlop":q2oqct9d said:
Brigga":q2oqct9d said:
dunlop":q2oqct9d said:

Fact Brent said on Monday on Spotlight the club had made upto £1milloion upto now.

I may be mistaken but i thought the quote was the fa cup reply will help the club make more than a million from the cup run so despite your posiitve assurance i am not sure it is fact as such.

And if i am wrong, i still don't see where, why or how you are making the leap that a further £500,000 will have by now been added?

But hey, as i said, whatever the final figure - thanks very much fa cup and bt sport - very welcome!

I think what the whole situation tells us is that the club were in no way prepared for a game of this magnitude. I won't go so far as to say that that is unforgiveable, but surely, at the very least, we should have had a contingency plan in the event that we did pull the plum tie?

Next time we will know better and be prepared.

There is nothing new in football, so there is no need for Argyle to reinvent the wheel. What they should be doing is to reach out to other clubs and see what ticketing system, and eligibility rules, works for them.

If we maintain our current form, the last few home games of the season "should" see huge crowds. There is no excuse to have not foreseen that, and to plan accordingly.