1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed) | Page 30 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,800 temporary Mayflower seats, £35 each (confirmed)

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
pedro91":3g3kroeq said:
Mike Charlick":3g3kroeq said:
ENTRANCE to the new Mayflower terrace seating is through the turnstiles at the top end Devonport end of Home Park. Additional turnstiles will be open to cater for the increased seating.

From club website.
They managed ok the last time the seats were in!!!!!

They told fibs. The entrance was in the mayflower entrance, as normal

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It seemed they were standing most of the time

Feb 15, 2005
Tonight we looked like a proper football ground with these new seats, I would love us to keep them until such time the grandstand is redeveloped. We have the game against Excretia where we should get approaching 15k. Plus if we are getting close to automatic promotion then I would expect crowds above 12k like the last time we got promoted out of this tier.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Should have tried sitting there. Terrible view! Couldn't see the near touchline at all. Glad to have been present, but can't wait to get back to my usual seat!!!!

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
It did look like a proper ground again ....but I fear they will be removed as not needed anymore ...we couldn't even sell out for the pompey play off game last season

Aug 8, 2014
Brilliant seats and view from row d. Spacious seats, plenty of leg room even if we charge £10 for the seats rest of the season we'd make our money back. Please keep til end of the season or until project grandstand......it makes our stadium complete!:)

Oct 19, 2013
Thought they worked well. Good atmosphere there, plenty of room, and it meant a load of people (OK, including me) got to go who otherwise wouldn't have. So bottom line fair play to the club for putting them in - I thought they were definitely getting taken straight back down aren't they? The view in the wooden seats would have been slightly disappointing if they'd used them though.....

G

grandstandgreen

As the game was a "sell out" - just wondering why there were several empty seats in the old family enclosure? Maybe an overfill for those unhappy with their seats, but I know people who would have gladly sat there rather than watch at home.

Apr 6, 2009
i was told it was because that was the disabled enclosure so they couldn't sell as normal tickets. dunno if thats right or not

Dec 3, 2005
Well - are they dismantling the seats today? Or have they seen the sense of keeping them for the rest of the season?

I hope it's the latter - it made Home Park look and feel brilliant!!

Mar 8, 2016
If we pick up 6 points before the Exeter match is it likely to be a 15k+ crowd for Exeter? If of course they manage to bring more the 800 this time. If we turn over Exeter are we likely to have much larger crowds for the remaining home matches? I hope the floating supporters last night can see what a decent side we have and deserve as much backing as possible to see us win promotion. If not then it's pointless keeping the temporary seats.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
djg145":15950ket said:
Well - are they dismantling the seats today? Or have they seen the sense of keeping them for the rest of the season?

I agree it looked good, but I seem to recall that on this site it was reported all those years ago that the previous Mayflower seating was rented at a cost of £100K per season. Now, I would expect that cost to have increased by 20% at least. The acid question is whether it is worth keeping the seating there for roughly half a season at a cost of [SAY] £60K. That would pay the additional wages of a more than decent loanee player, when the likes of Newport and Accrington are not likely to overwork the ticket office!

Jan 6, 2004
Quintrell_Green":11od2khv said:
djg145":11od2khv said:

I agree it looked good, but I seem to recall that on this site it was reported all those years ago that the previous Mayflower seating was rented at a cost of £100K per season. Now, I would expect that cost to have increased by 20% at least. The acid question is whether it is worth keeping the seating there for roughly half a season at a cost of [SAY] £60K. That would pay the additional wages of a more than decent loanee player, when the likes of Newport and Accrington are not likely to overwork the ticket office!

This is temporary outdoor event seating - I would imagine demand for this is low in the winter/spring and as the bulk of the cost to the contractor will be moving it in and out I would have thought that now it is in situ an extended rental for the rest of the season would be relatively cheap. That said it will probably only be needed for Exeter and may be the final game of the season (or game we clinch promotion if different) so the income will be limited.

C

CornishGreenWhite

Couldn't see the near touchline but didnt care too much. Meant that i was there and got to see a great match. Cant wait for the Mayflower to properly re open. Looked fantastic last night