Your top favourite players? (split topic) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your top favourite players? (split topic)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Voice_of_Reason":2toziswx said:
A player i had a genuine affection for was the late Stevie Cooper, not the best but a real trier, who's ability to just hang in the air will live with me to my dying day. Scored some wonderful goals, but could miss absolute sitters.

Stevie Cooper was a lovely bloke as well.

Apr 29, 2016
jerryatricjanner":1pm5f8uq said:
Not necessarily the best but my favourites in different eras would be something like:

Furnell, Nisbet, Mariner, Rafferty, Machin

Tynan, Hodges, Dalton, McCall, Mark Smith,

Carey, Coughlan, Friio, Evans, Wotton,

I like this list a lot. Maybe I may add Dave McClaren to the first era.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Yes Frank, i did have the pleasure of meeting him and was a real nice guy. Must of been a centre backs nightmare to try and mark a high jumper, he use to just hang like normal people cant.
One of the bravest players i ever saw - up their with Gerry McElhinney in that regard, i remember Gerry trying to run off a knock at Villa Park one year, we all remarked that it must be bad if he couldn't run it off - it turned out to be a broken leg!!!

Aug 22, 2006
Dwight Marshall
Akos Buzsaky
Romain Larrieu
David Friio
Graham Carey

Subs bench
David Norris
Micky Evans
Lilian Nalis
Marino Keith
Mathias Doumbe
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
Paul Gallagher
Peter Halmosi
Steve Castle
Paul Dalton
Jason Bent

D

Diddyman 1983

Chris Billy
Anton Peterlin
Steve Adams
James Dungey
Bojan Djordjic

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Glad to see Mark Smith get some recognition here, by far and away the classiest defender I have seen pull on an Argyle shirt in my time watching the club. Those of us who have supported Argyle since the 80's have been lucky enough to see some fantastic players grace the pitch at Home Park, why it makes it difficult choosing just 5.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
davegreenarmy":3qtp7n7e said:
Buzsaky, Halmosi, Friio, Wotton, Carey

Can't disagree with 4 of those...however mine would be; buz, friio, nalis, Fletcher and doumbe...I liked all their personalities which I think is important as I want decent footballers to be decent role models for my kids

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Coughlan, Friio, Larrieu, Halmosi, Carey.

Just missed out: Wotton, Nalis, Buzsáky, Norris, and Reuben Reid. I know he ruined it all by going to Exeter, but I'll never ever forget that hat-trick at St James Park when we won 3-1 with ten men. The previous week I was at the Nou Camp to see Messi, Suárez and Neymar all score - but that derby win is my favourite by miles.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
He was very close to getting on my list, plumped for Nicky Marker instead who was an incredible all round player.

Top bloke our Garry, seen him a couple of times in recent years catching up with Argyle, most recently last season at Roots Hall. Remember him very clearly scoring two late goals at Walsall to earn us a point we didn't deserve. On his day a real match winner.