Your top favourite players? (split topic) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your top favourite players? (split topic)

Sep 30, 2018
Wotton, friio, Evans, Halmosi, Buszaky, I think they're the usual names, but for different reasons these players excited me and still do actually, they're what argyle at our best is all about!!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Paul Dalton, Akos Buzsaky, Alan Nicholls, David Friio, Steve Castle

Notable mention for Graham Carey.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
So hard to do and probably different from the last time we did this but I'd go something like:

Mariner
McCauley
Friio
Tynan
Carey

Aug 2, 2011
A bit of a pointless thread really. Some people like myself have been attending for 60 years some have only a couple of seasons to reflect on. I think for example I am the person to mention Tony Book. Yet he was a fantastic FB and went on to prove he was as good as any in tbe country.

It is also very difficult to compare playing skill levels and also take account of the player available pool size over such a huge period of time.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Presto":z4y0va3d said:
A bit of a pointless thread really. Some people like myself have been attending for 60 years some have only a couple of seasons to reflect on. I think for example I am the person to mention Tony Book. Yet he was a fantastic FB and went on to prove he was as good as any in tbe country.

It is also very difficult to compare playing skill levels and also take account of the player available pool size over such a huge period of time.

Yeah, but at least you get an idea of how old everyone is.

PS - my Dad would definitely have included Tony Book.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Presto":1nx0wsnn said:

I think we are all aware that this is subjective. It'a a bit of fun.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Mark Smith
Marc Edworthy
Nicky Marker
Tommy Tynan
Paul Dalton

A player i had a genuine affection for was the late Stevie Cooper, not the best but a real trier, who's ability to just hang in the air will live with me to my dying day. Scored some wonderful goals, but could miss absolute sitters.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not necessarily the best but my favourites in different eras would be something like:

Furnell, Nisbet, Mariner, Rafferty, Machin

Tynan, Hodges, Dalton, McCall, Mark Smith,

Carey, Coughlan, Friio, Evans, Wotton,