worst player to put on a Argyle shirt | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

worst player to put on a Argyle shirt

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Argyle-sy":1xp0w8c9 said:
Shame this isn't a "worst idiot to support the club" thread because Steve Evans and Centre Circle would be vying for the top 2 spot. Walton an arrogant layabout who made no effort to run around the pitch ?, firstly i'm sure you wouldn't call him arrogant to his face because your just a keyboard warrior, secondly our midfield has looked noticably weaker this season without him, I know if I had a choice of Walts, Young or Hourihane I know who would be in my starting 11. As for Maclean, given how he was treated by the manager that signed him, and a large percentage of the fanbase it's no wonder he had a poor attitude. Several players were treated poorly by both the management and a section of the "support" and it clearly affected their performance, just look at the way Luke Summerfield was slagged off week in, week out on here. Some people clearly have no notion of what being a "support"er actually is, just sit their and slag people off behind their user names, pathetic really.

I just listed some players who I thought were poor for us! I have nothing personal against any of them - but I don't think individuals like MacLean or Donnelly helped themselves.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Fergy":34jjqy38 said:
pafc9713":34jjqy38 said:
1 feeney
2 madjo
3 will atkinson
4 craig sutherland
5 kenny cooper

Madjo? Really?

Feeney? Atkinson? Sutherland?

Did Kenny Cooper even put on the Argyle shirt? :lol:

I know Atkinson and Sutherland weren't great but the worst? Please, as for Feeney IMO he is way too switched on to the game to come anywhere near the worst player list, he's not even our worst forward at the moment, he's actually one of our better ones IMO so how he makes the list as worst player I'll never know...

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Kenny Cooper is the 3rd top scorer in the MLS this season in front on the likes of Henry :wink: So, when he came to Argyle in his around 7 appearances it must just have been us :lol:

Feeney is definitely nowhere near the worst if I was creating a list.

Jul 26, 2012
Paignton
Feeney is the worst striker in the league by a country mile!! This is what sort of trouble we are in if feeney is our best striker! :facepalm:

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
pafc9713":qz2v7p86 said:
Feeney is the worst striker in the league by a country mile!! This is what sort of trouble we are in if feeney is our best striker! :facepalm:
Come on now, Chadwick is not as good as Feeney ;)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
pafc9713":2t6zbg1d said:

If Feeney is the worst striker in the league then how can he be our best striker considering we have more than one forward?

In effect the likes of Madjo, Griffiths, Chadwick, Lecointe etc. are all worse than Feeney as he is our best however they can't be worse than Feeney because they are strikers in this league and with Feeney being the worst in the league they must therefore be worse than him :crazy: ;)

Nov 12, 2003
Eddie McIlhenny never made the first team ! Just a bloke brought over to keep his brother happy I think.

James Dungay wasn't football league standard in my opinion.

Dave Cooper

Loads of crap players under Hodges and Mick Jones when the playing budget was similiar to what it is now (ie completely inadequate for success and full of players no one else wants).

The worst footballer ever (not Argyle) was that African fella who conned Graham Souness (then Southampton manager) into thinking he was a professional footballer, even though he was just a normal bloke off the street. I think he came on as a substitute for about 10 minutes before having to be be substituted again because he was laughably rubbish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI-OfT7zYM

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
GM Vauxhall":1yzo3h8m said:
Tivvygreen":1yzo3h8m said:
Stewart Evans

Now there was an arse player!

Knew where the onion bag was though, didn't he make double figures one year? Always remember the pair he scored against man city, the volley for his second to Win the match.... he would score in this team.....

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
John Cooper":10pe8qbd said:
GM Vauxhall":10pe8qbd said:
Tivvygreen":10pe8qbd said:
Stewart Evans

Now there was an arse player!

Knew where the onion bag was though, didn't he make double figures one year? Always remember the pair he scored against man city, the volley for his second to Win the match.... he would score in this team.....

Can't disagree with that. I thought he was rubbish by the standards of the time (Man City game notwithstanding). By today's standards he's a veritable Geoff Hurst...

G

Greens12

Luke Young? Nick Chadwick? Simon Walton? McNamee? Stack - Personal opinions