Women's Euros | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Women's Euros

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ye
why won't the bbc separate the mens and women's game on the pages for football. Weird. The women deserve their own dedicated pages. It's like you navigate to bbc football and you'll see Arsenal sign striker so you click...and it's the womens team.
Yeah that winds me up too.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I saw on a FB page recently a former PASOTI member describing women's football as "a joke". As far as I could see last night most of the Spanish team and some of our's are technically brilliant. A great first touch, a good range of passing, able to receive and keep the ball under pressure. Their problem is physicality, the main reason why the top women would neve beat the top men, or even give them a game. That's why I find it so stupid that they keep saying thar top scoring lady is closing on Wayne Rooneys scoring record. Should not be compared. He would have scored dozens more if he was in the ladies side but their lady would be unlikely to score in the men's team.

Sep 2, 2008
Shame they couldn't have made the Euros more accessible for the whole Country.

Then again, I guess they wouldn't have had the attendance they would have liked if they had played around South Wales/SouthWest

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
England 3 Sweden 0 with 20 to go

4-0 with 10 to go

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I saw on a FB page recently a former PASOTI member describing women's football as "a joke". As far as I could see last night most of the Spanish team and some of our's are technically brilliant. A great first touch, a good range of passing, able to receive and keep the ball under pressure. Their problem is physicality, the main reason why the top women would neve beat the top men, or even give them a game. That's why I find it so stupid that they keep saying thar top scoring lady is closing on Wayne Rooneys scoring record. Should not be compared. He would have scored dozens more if he was in the ladies side but their lady would be unlikely to score in the men's team.
Got to stop comparing the two games. I enjoy women’s tennis, I enjoy women’s athletics, I enjoy women’s football. I’m enjoying the game, the respectful support and the lack of sh*thousery. Great result tonight.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Dec 3, 2005
Great goal by Mead and a brilliant second half performance. What a player Russo is, always makes a difference and what a back heel she did. Yes brilliant, roll on Sunday

Jan 20, 2004
Loving it. Refreshing to see such honest football. If a player gets fouled or takes a knock they just get up and get on with it.

None of them would make to the Wycombe first team 😁

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Well done Sarina. Great coach.

Will she be attracting interest from professional men's teams?

As far as I know that would be a ground breaking move, but, there are a lot of male coaches for the women's teams both internationally and domestically so why not?

Certainly seems very astute and may have her reputation further enhanced on the weekend.

Of course, there are still the "old boys" available who despite a chequered track record who will be called upon to take on a club next season after a poor run of results.