Who wants us to lose at Bradford? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who wants us to lose at Bradford?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Good question.

Right now for the first time in 45 years I feel like I couldn't care less and I know many feel the same way.

One thing I am certain of is that Carl Fletcher for all his other attributes is not the right man to manage my football club.

I'm not angry at him or the coaching set up, they have not set out to fail but they are not capable of taking us forward.

It's a thoroughly miserable situation but the one glimmer of hope for me is the thought that Sexstone has been brought in to identify the right man to replace him.

Feb 21, 2011
legend":2el87kby said:
I've supported them since I was 12 and now nearing the half century but I can't ever remember feeling so indifferent to our results as I do at present.

Is it an age thing I ask myself? I used to constantly look at the league table thinking, if we beat so and so and then win at so and so, and they lose to them, we could be in the play offs. I never do that any more. I'm sure it would come back if there was a slight feeling that we might win a game or two on the trot.

Tickets for the away game at Exeter went on sale this morning. In years past I would be on the phone at 9am pressing the redial button til I got through. At the moment I'm not sure I want to go and watch us struggle against that shower of sh1te.

We took it too much for granted when we were playing Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Wolves, Newcastle and Sunderland and they were playing the teams we are playing now.

Anyway, back to the question in my title, I think the chairman and board would be hard pressed not to do something if we lose tomorrow night. It's a horrible thing to think as an ardent fan but I'm sure I'l feel more positive about the future the moment Fletcher has gone, especially listening to his tactics on Saturday and his sympathy vote for Purse. Sorry but that's the way I feel.
Really you think two away defeats against two sides in the playoff zone will force the board into action, I think you may be disappointed, I think if we don't win our next two home games and avoid embarrassment at Exeter that may be the end for Fletch.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
X Isle":lhqux3n1 said:
Don't apologise, it's a perfectly rational question in the circumstances. I can't bring myself to actively WISH defeat on Argyle but I fully share your point on the indifferent reaction to defeats your describe.

When we've won this season it's just the one step forward in a 'one step forward five step back shuffle'. The delusion we see in Home Park towers in match reports and interviews is just strengthened, giving them unjustified vindication to claim bad luck for the defeats that follow.

So it's a fair question, if we win at Bradford it means just another month of delay, redoubled delusion in the corridors of power and the propaganda machine.

Sad but true. :sad:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The question isn't 'do I want a defeat'. It's more 'will a defeat cost him his job'.

Apr 23, 2006
Holsworthy
I've supported them since I was 12 and now nearing the half century but I can't ever remember feeling so indifferent to our results as I do at present.

Is it an age thing I ask myself? I used to constantly look at the league table thinking, if we beat so and so and then win at so and so, and they lose to them, we could be in the play offs. I never do that any more. I'm sure it would come back if there was a slight feeling that we might win a game or two on the trot.

Tickets for the away game at Exeter went on sale this morning. In years past I would be on the phone at 9am pressing the redial button til I got through. At the moment I'm not sure I want to go and watch us struggle against that shower of sh1te.

We took it too much for granted when we were playing Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Wolves, Newcastle and Sunderland and they were playing the teams we are playing now.

Anyway, back to the question in my title, I think the chairman and board would be hard pressed not to do something if we lose tomorrow night. It's a horrible thing to think as an ardent fan but I'm sure I'l feel more positive about the future the moment Fletcher has gone, especially listening to his tactics on Saturday and his sympathy vote for Purse. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

Apr 23, 2006
Holsworthy
Sorry about the confusion with the opening post to this thread. For some reason the Pasoti clock went berserk and hasn't allowed me to re-post for 24 hours. The opening post was:

legend":v4jbqoww said:

Saying I want us to lose probably is controversial on second thoughts. If we do lose, it might hopefully have a positive outcome.

What I'm trying to say is that an unlikely win tomorrow or a draw and Brent will probably think, "I'll give him another 5 games to get it right".

I want to see the back of him ASAP. Another 5 games will probably read, W1, D1, L3 or something similar.

Apr 4, 2004
I want us to win.

Something has to give. Either a dramatic turn around of form or something else. I can't bring myself to call for the managers head. But something has got to change.
Is he kicking asses when they need it. Is he being the leader that a manager has to be. I know it's difficult to jump from colleague to boss, but that's what's needed. His job is not to be their friend.If Fletcher really wants this he has to get performances out of these players. Starting now. It's not to late to have some sort of a season but the manager and these players must fight for their careers in football. They simply must produce because there can't be many chances left now. I hope we win but am starting to think winning a match is beyond us at the moment.

C

Cult Of Personality

Its like getting the girl if it means getting hit in the nuts to do so

If losing to Bradford would get Fletcher out

Then yes i want us to lose

Short term hurt for Long term happiness