Who wants us to lose at Bradford? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who wants us to lose at Bradford?

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Do I want us to lose? Never!

I can understand the logic behind why people would want us to with the aim of getting rid of the manager....

However I will never want us to lose, I would like nothing more than a good away win tomorrow, followed by a good run of wins....will it happen, er I dont think so. But I would love it if it did.

I support Plymouth Argyle, but I feel we are doomed to failure with Mr Fletcher at the helm. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proved wrong though :scarf:

Sep 3, 2009
I don't think what you're saying is controversial, Legend, just normal frustration at how crap we are.

I'm going tomorrow and whilst I don't want us to lose, I don't really care if we do - and a silver lining to defeat would be the Chairman's hand being a little more forced towards the eject button for the manager.

The league table doesn't lie - we're standing still at best.

Fletcher out, experience in.

Jul 29, 2010
Don't apologise, it's a perfectly rational question in the circumstances. I can't bring myself to actively WISH defeat on Argyle but I fully share your point on the indifferent reaction to defeats your describe.

When we've won this season it's just the one step forward in a 'one step forward five step back shuffle'. The delusion we see in Home Park towers in match reports and interviews is just strengthened, giving them unjustified vindication to claim bad luck for the defeats that follow.

So it's a fair question, if we win at Bradford it means just another month of delay, redoubled delusion in the corridors of power and the propaganda machine.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't want us to lose tomorrow but what I don't want is an awful performance and we still win. If this happens it will look good on paper but no progress will have been made.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
If it guaranteed the removal of FLETCHER then I'm afraid I would have to say yes for the long term benefit of the team and club.

Sometimes you have to "take one for the team".

Sadly I don't think another defeat and a mauling away at Bradford is going to seal his fate.

As I've said before it seems like sacking the manager is the last resort for JB when its too late and out of real desperation. That said I think we will have to cast adrift at the bottom and then having dug his heels in until its too far gone he may be so stubborn he doesn't want to lose face by sacking him without a suitable replacement to take on the poison chalice of imminent RELEGATION

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":38bruado said:
Don't apologise, it's a perfectly rational question in the circumstances. I can't bring myself to actively WISH defeat on Argyle but I fully share your point on the indifferent reaction to defeats your describe.

When we've won this season it's just the one step forward in a 'one step forward five step back shuffle'. The delusion we see in Home Park towers in match reports and interviews is just strengthened, giving them unjustified vindication to claim bad luck for the defeats that follow.

So it's a fair question, if we win at Bradford it means just another month of delay, redoubled delusion in the corridors of power and the propaganda machine.

Agree 99% and the other 1% is the thought that we may need 3 points to avoid the drop, couldn`t forgive myself if I wished a defeat and that was the price to pay.

G

Greens12

Don't know about wanting I'm expecting it, and on Saturday... Coco needs to go.

N

newquaygreen

Never would want to lose but if it ultimately improves things then so be it :(