Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 78 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 81 22.9%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 43 12.1%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 52 14.7%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Someone else

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Will Still

Votes: 35 9.9%

• Total voters

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Neil Dewsnip is still talking about a list of applications, which may now increase now people know we’re in the Championship.

I’m a tad confused by this, surely we’re not just looking at people who have applied? I’d have thought we’d be identifying individuals and approaching them, rather than waiting for them to apply to the job… right?
I'm sure we are biggs but it's just media speak.

Reactions: Ray the Aviator
Jul 6, 2005
Now we know exactly what the requirements is - i.e. a Manager to keep us up again but hopefully not going to the last game - I think that should significantly narrow the field.

Personally, I think it's a time for pragmatism so I would like to see a Gary Rowett or Nigel Pearson type of experienced Championship Manager to hopefully get us through the next couple of seasons and established in the Division.

It's all very well fans asking for a Manager who will get us playing like we did in League 1 last season, "you score 2, we'll score 3" sort of thing. But the reality is that we don't have the budget to sign the sort of players required to play an open, expansive, attacking style of football in the Championship.

We have to adapt to a way of playing that is commensurate with our budget.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
manager that is known in the game is probably more likely to have good contacts which will enable us to upgrade our squad to a championship level, sadly I think a lot of our players have played their last games for us.

May 28, 2015
Adam Lallana could be a shout (he seems to be expected to retire) played at a top level and currently at a fantastically run club

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Now we know exactly what the requirements is - i.e. a Manager to keep us up again but hopefully not going to the last game - I think that should significantly narrow the field.

Personally, I think it's a time for pragmatism so I would like to see a Gary Rowett or Nigel Pearson type of experienced Championship Manager to hopefully get us through the next couple of seasons and established in the Division.

It's all very well fans asking for a Manager who will get us playing like we did in League 1 last season, "you score 2, we'll score 3" sort of thing. But the reality is that we don't have the budget to sign the sort of players required to play an open, expansive, attacking style of football in the Championship.

We have to adapt to a way of playing that is commensurate with our budget.
Interestingly in his match interview Dewsnip again mentioned head coach in not confident the lessons have been learnt

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Interestingly in his match interview Dewsnip again mentioned head coach in not confident the lessons have been learnt
Yep, I saw that and, while today is not the day for creating an argument, I hope that this is up for discussion among senior management.