Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 76 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 81 22.6%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 43 12.0%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 35 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 23 6.4%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 14.8%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Someone else

Votes: 51 14.2%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Will Still

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Excited about getting someone who sees a real opportunity with us now - the calibre of manager available to us as a Championship club will be much higher.

Realistically we're going to have to go left field to find someone who can surprise people and overachieve with us. A trendy Scandi appointment would be good, or Barry from Bayern maybe, as long as they actually buy into the ethos of the club and don't just lie about it like Foster.

Reactions: David Doidge
Jan 11, 2012
Would like to say a proven manager, but wonder if I'm being cautious given we got our fingers burnt with the last one. There are decent coaches and assistants that have made the step up after all. One thing I definitely wouldn't want is an uninspiring jobbing Peter Reid, Frank Lampard-type manager who you wouldn't have any faith in during a firefight.

Reactions: David Friio's mate
Dec 18, 2023
I know we are cheap but we are a Championship Club, if there is someone who really ticks all the boxes we have to go get them and pay the conpensation.
Why do we think we should pick someone who cannot get a job at the other 91 clubs.

Beer Song

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 10, 2005
Sarajevo
blackpowderguild.com
It's been 17 years, they do say that time heals... I must admit when he left I was amongst the worse of us, angry as we we have all been this Season with SS jumping ship. We loved Ollie as we did SS in recent years, he suited Argyle, West Countryman, bit of a joker and great in post match interviews, but his style of play, a bit of madness, bit of genuis, a bit of luck and a lot of Magic... I was bitter, twisted even! but later after hearing him say his biggest regret in life was leaving Argyle, I for one can forgive him and give him another chance, he knows the Championship, he's clever in his signings, we loved his style of football... are there enough of us who can forgive, forget and give him, and us, another chance :unsure: personally I would and I think the time is right... however, whoever Argyle sign as Manager something HAS to be put in their contract that they cannot jump ship during the Season and only part ways on Argyle's terms during the contract if they are failing big time...