Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 71 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who would you like as the new manager? part 2

• Liam Rosenior

Votes: 156 72.2%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
What about Paul Cook, he has a great track record throughout the leagues, winning the league with Wigan, Portsmouth & most recent with Chesterfield this season with a record amount of wins, he always spoke well of Argyle in the past, think he would be a great fit for us.
Not for me

Oct 10, 2018
Walid Regragui, left of field but a great style snd exciting style of football, gets total player commitment, high pace, counter attacking style. May worth seeing if interested

• Haha
Reactions: monkeywrench

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Walid Regragui, left of field but a great style snd exciting style of football, gets total player commitment, high pace, counter attacking style. May worth seeing if interested
As if a World Cup semi final coach for the 13th ranked nation in the world would consider coaching little old Plymouth Argyle. That's almost as incredulous as suggesting a part time coach for a local club about 7 levels below us in the football pyramid should be considered. They have both done a great job at their respective levels but with respect are pretty ludicrous suggestions.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Because there is a big wide world out there.
Of course there is and we should explore it fully but to say no more Scousers means the big wide world becomes a little smaller. It also suggests previous Scousers haven't been very good at their job under the current regime when only one has failed in reality.

Last edited:

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
For all the obvious mistakes of the Foster appointment (no not going down *that* rabbit hole), the management of process (externally anyway) was synonymous with the “new Argyle” quietly done with no leaks. In that sense alone we run a really tight ship.

NO ONE saw Foster coming when it did, until it was too late, none of the 17 year old experts on Twitter, the media and that’s my only prediction is that it’s done in the same way. For better or for worse argyle do seem to be able to avoid “trial by social media appointments”.

I still think the person we appoint will have an element of surprise to it. Rightly or wrongly.

Jul 28, 2020
Because there is a big wide world out there.
I agree

It's time for a re think on many issues I think , if, as I suspect will be the case, we get relegated on saturday

The relegation will have the feel of 'negligence' to it, in my view.... totally avoidable in my opinion

Penny wise and pound foolish- in the sense of the wasted pounds from the upcoming sky deal

The clubs links with the england youth set up may have run their natural course in my view if our aspirations are as a mid-table championship club ....and we dont want to get 'ambushed' in the way that we did last january over loan players, again

After foster do we really want another contact of dewsnip as manager ( albeit termed 'coach') ?

If things ain't working - learn why, and make the necessary changes

We could have signed out of contract strikers/ wingers/ attacking midfielders any time up to the start of march it transpires...so failure in the january transfer window is not the only issue....it goes deeper than that

As for neil dewsnip.....

The trend of scouse managers would be laughable if it wasnt so sad...and frankly pathetic....

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I agree

It's time for a re think on many issues I think , if, as I suspect will be the case, we get relegated on saturday

The relegation will have the feel of 'negligence' to it, in my view.... totally avoidable in my opinion

Penny wise and pound foolish- in the sense of the wasted pounds from the upcoming sky deal

The clubs links with the england youth set up may have run their natural course in my view if our aspirations are as a mid-table championship club ....and we dont want to get 'ambushed' in the way that we did last january over loan players, again

After foster do we really want another contact of dewsnip as manager ( albeit termed 'coach') ?

If things ain't working - learn why, and make the necessary changes

We could have signed out of contract strikers/ wingers/ attacking midfielders any time up to the start of march it transpires...so failure in the january transfer window is not the only issue....it goes deeper than that

As for neil dewsnip.....

The trend of scouse managers would be laughable if it wasnt so sad...and frankly pathetic....
And if two of them hadn't managed Argyle to promotions in the past few years.

I find the accent as maddening as the next man, but does it really matter where the person comes from if they get the results?

Jul 28, 2020
And if two of them hadn't managed Argyle to promotions in the past few years.

I find the accent as maddening as the next man, but does it really matter where the person comes from if they get the results?
'Isms and failure to follow a proper process..

Perception is important, and even if there is no truth in these perceptions ( and I'm not suggesting that there is ), perception and presentation is v important

It gives a rather amateurish impression of the process ( even as I said if likely to be untrue)

I regret that the club no longer has a fan representative in important decisions like this to reassure even sceptics, of the transparency of the process

Another scouse manager ? No thanks.As somebody has already said, earlier in the thread, theres a whole big world out there....

Last edited:

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
'Isms and failure to follow a proper process..

Perception is important, and even if there is no truth in these perceptions ( and I'm not suggesting that there is ), perception and presentation is v important

It gives a rather amateurish impression of the process ( even as I said if likely to be untrue)

I regret that the club no longer has a fan representative in important decisions like this to reassure even sceptics, of the transparency of the process

Another scouse manager ? No thanks.As somebody has already said, earlier in the thread, theres a whole big world out there....
Absolutely there is a big wide world out there, but if the club appointed someone with no previous ties to anyone else at the club, they just happened to be from Liverpool (I don't believe for a second that every single Scouse person knows every other Scouse person), that is the same as them being from anywhere else in that big wide world in my view.

It's not the Liverpudlian origin that's the issue, it's the absence of any obvious arm's-lengthedness (new concept I am going to try to trademark) of the appointment.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I watched a clip on YouTube where Big Sam was saying we should have appointed Karl Robinson. I think he was intimating he was in for the job when Foster was appointed.

Allardyce is probably just talking up his mate - Robinson was his assistant at Leeds.

Jul 28, 2020
Absolutely there is a big wide world out there, but if the club appointed someone with no previous ties to anyone else at the club, they just happened to be from Liverpool (I don't believe for a second that every single Scouse person knows every other Scouse person), that is the same as them being from anywhere else in that big wide world in my view.

It's not the Liverpudlian origin that's the issue, it's the absence of any obvious arm's-lengthedness (new concept I am going to try to trademark) of the appointment.
Reminds me of the old joke ' you wait ages for a bus, then four come at once'

I dont know any jokes about scouse managers. Anyone ??