Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 75 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 79 29.2%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 28 10.3%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 32 11.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 47 17.3%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 40 14.8%

• Total voters
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Bit worried that we may miss out on the likes of duff if we mess around at the end of season
I'm not one for in experience at this point I personally think Duff would be a good option has a decent record and a failure plays decent stuff whilst having a bit of steel also remember Callum Wright and Azaz came through Cheltenham whilst he was there also think he may have signed alfie may for peanuts

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
Bit worried that we may miss out on the likes of duff if we mess around at the end of season
I'm not one for in experience at this point I personally think Duff would be a good option has a decent record and a failure plays decent stuff whilst having a bit of steel also remember Callum Wright and Azaz came through Cheltenham whilst he was there also think he may have signed alfie may for peanuts
I think the new man will be in mid may. Expect it to ramp up, as soon as Monday. Media will be given leaked names from agents.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I know we’ve got to get the appointment right but at the same time I hope we don’t dither. There’s a hell of a lot of work to be done this summer, regardless of which league we end up in. Hopefully we’ll have someone in post in the next 2-3 weeks.

Feb 14, 2022
I really do wish the likes of Will Still were genuine possibilities for us. Even Anthony Barry seems too good an option to be true, although I have some reservations about his availability pre-end of Euro's given the rebuilding task ahead.

Sadly, I think the reality is poaching someone from mid-L1 or L2 or a Duff, Cook type who have had a go but failed in the Championship and L1 before. I seriously hope I'm proved wrong.

May 11, 2019
I’m hoping there a long way through the recruitment process and someone is appointed next week, if as I hope we remain in the championship whoever gets the job is going to have to make some very difficult decisions and move on some established players who have been great for the club but aren’t good enough for the championship and try to identify replacements working within the budget, surely the most challenging management role since John Sheridan took over.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
I actually think his record with Wigan in the Championship would make him a good fit for us if we stay up. There are not that many managers out there who have been successful in Championship relegation battles with small budgets, but he has. And out of the managers who have, he's probably the best fit, and also probably the cheapest. There's a lot of positives to Cook.
What about Paul Cook as manager and Derek Adams as his assistant? 💥💥💥💥

Sep 7, 2006
London
I really do wish the likes of Will Still were genuine possibilities for us. Even Anthony Barry seems too good an option to be true, although I have some reservations about his availability pre-end of Euro's given the rebuilding task ahead.

Sadly, I think the reality is poaching someone from mid-L1 or L2 or a Duff, Cook type who have had a go but failed in the Championship and L1 before. I seriously hope I'm proved wrong.
My hunch is in January Barry was a tangible option. Will Still sounds like he wants an established Championship team with more immediate PL ambitions, so I doubt he was an option in Dec/Jan.

But now...I agree we probably need to give someone from League 1 a go. Lincoln setup must be doing something right....?

Reactions: Greenscombe
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
My hunch is in January Barry was a tangible option. Will Still sounds like he wants an established Championship team with more immediate PL ambitions, so I doubt he was an option in Dec/Jan.

But now...I agree we probably need to give someone from League 1 a go. Lincoln setup must be doing something right....?
Think Still for Sunderland or potentially Brum

Reactions: pafc jack

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I liked the idea of Anthony Barry but I’m put off by the fact that we’d have to wait quite a long time for him to arrive, his focus will be on the Euro’s, we need someone in post ASAP.

Reactions: Moorlander

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
I liked the idea of Anthony Barry but I’m put off by the fact that we’d have to wait quite a long time for him to arrive, his focus will be on the Euro’s, we need someone in post ASAP.
If he’s a quality above then we should be prepared to wait, as long as they're physically here for pre-season then that’s ok. A lot can be done remotely.

If Ancelotti or Klopp fancied the gig but wouldn’t start until August 1st then I wouldn’t see any problem 😂