What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have? | Page 33 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have?

Aug 27, 2019
Why have international Caps been so diluted?
Our Luke plays for Wales U21s against Gibraltar - a 'crowd' of 334 attends - what value is there in that? I accept that this is very modest fare but Luke will have played in front of bigger gayes at Truro surely? he scored (well done, Luke), but when I play against my 6 year old grandson on the beach, I normally beat him!!

The late Bobby Moore & his ilk gained most of their caps against real opponents, not the Faroe Islands, Gibraltaer etc etc. Rooney, now Kane etc get a cap playing teams who would struggle against Parkway - with respect to Parkway who I suspect would wipe the floor with them!

Lets have 1st, 2cd 3rd & 4th division International Competitions.....please!

Sep 6, 2006
No, you've missed the point - the reason I don't know much about the football league isn't that there's not enough coverage, it's that, apart from Argyle, I'm completely uninterested. They could broadcast it 24/7 on all major TV networks and aside from the Argyle-related content, I wouldn't pay any attention. I think this is probably true of most lower league football fans (swapping Argyle for their team) and almost all supporters of the big Premier League clubs (ie the overwhelming majority of football fans).

On women's football, as I said, I'm not much interested in that either. I was just offering a theory as to why it isn't completely unreasonable that it gets a generous profile relative to the lower league clubs in the men's game.
League 1 has a lot more relevance to me than WPL as well as the quality being better. Looking at promotion rivals, forthcoming opponents, potential signings....

Reactions: max
Mar 23, 2008
I thought after the Rotherham that we were way too predictable and had signed too many unimaginative journeymen.....how wrong can you be! Pass me the humbe pie 😋

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
That would be the Peter Grant having an illustrious career with ehm Queens Park in Scottish 3rd tier! He was rubbish and another terrible signing by Adams in that season he lost the plot.
Well it’s all about opinions innit, thankfully not everyone thinks the same way….