What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have? | Page 35 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
One was the most requested we’ve ever had on here.

The other was bigotry.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
women's football is all very pc and all that, is being pushed by the FA but in reality it really isn't very good compared to the men's game, hence the little actual interest in people going to watch it.
It is being shown live over here, yesterday Man City v Chelsea, also we had England v Canada in women's rugby. (my there is some large athletic women on the England team)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I didn’t say there weren’t any Ray. Just that I haven’t seen one. :);)

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
And little chance “live” any more Ian, now that she’s retired; there’s a decent compilation or two👍

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
I don’t think women players should be used as pundits for men’s matches.
if Ryan Lowe was used as a pundit for a Liverpool match , you could argue that he’s never played at that level so he can’t really comment. The same goes for women pundits whether they’ve played for England or not. It’s not at the same level.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I don’t think women players should be used as pundits for men’s matches.
if Ryan Lowe was used as a pundit for a Liverpool match , you could argue that he’s never played at that level so he can’t really comment. The same goes for women pundits whether they’ve played for England or not. It’s not at the same level.
That is absolutely bang on. It’s a different game at that level.

I sometimes have a debate with myself in which I think, yeah but who would question Martina Navratilova's right to comment on mens grand slam tennis. I tell myself that she is a proper sporting icon as is Serena, whereas Alex Scott for instance, played in a niche women's sport and really has no business being in the pundits seat for top level men's football.

Give it another twenty years or so and things might be different. In the meantime, it annoys the hell out of me, that in this morning's Daily Telegraph, quite possibly also the Times and (almost certainly) the Grundian, there were match reports on all the WSL games, but none on Argyle's or Wednesday's matches.

1636993801314.jpeg

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Quite Owly. Also on the BBC site on Saturday afternoon, nothing about any of the League One or Two games, just rubbish about who Gareth should pick for the tricky game in San Marino and tons of stuff on the women's matches.

Reactions: Devongreenowl