what is forza verde? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

what is forza verde?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
ejh":2sny3451 said:
Ollieargyle9":2sny3451 said:
GreenSam":2sny3451 said:
Ollieargyle9":2sny3451 said:
jacobmilton":2sny3451 said:
i was down the front where the flethcer out banner was being held and the stewards where right over us and toke the flag away. now surely we should be allowed as paying customers to be able to protest in a peacful manner to get our opinion herd ?

Don't know about that, if you went into your local Sainsburys with a banner that read "DAVE ON CHECKOUT 9 OUT!" I think you would probably be removed from the premisis, your opinion on Dave may be taken into account but the company will not allow you to abuse its members of staff. Hope that helps :thumbs:
Similar though, I imagine a fairly dim view would be taken of loitering around the place with a "DAVE ON CHECKOUT 9 WE LOVE YOU!" banner. It's not the most comparable situation.

I think thats heavily dependant on context, if it was a group of Dave's mates on a wind up then yes it would be consdiered completely innapropriate however if it was done by the average customer who had no opinion on Dave until he served them instore then although it would be considered an odd way to show your gratitude for providing good customer service it would be seen as a nice gesture.

Back to my point however I know the two aren't directly comparable but I wasn't looking for a like for like situation I was looking for a simple example to back up my point which was that an organisation will not tolerate the abuse of its members of staff, if they can find a way of preventing their staff from being subject to abuse then they will take this route, the theory of "the customer is always right" only stands whilst that customer remains reasonable and a step too far in this case would be to smuggle a banner into the ground to send abuse to a manager doing his very best by the club to the best of his ability. Ok you can sing and shout "Fletch out" Argyle can't stop that especially as they are backing a fans group based around chanting which will follow the trends set by results however when the club does have the ability to stop abuse of its employees then it will stop abuse of its employees...

:lol: This is the most bizarre analogy I've ever heard.

Do thousands of people pay to turn up to Sainsbury's, hand over 20 quid for the entrance fee alone (or customer service experience, as you have decided to draw the parallel), chant "Dave, Dave, give us a wave!" from the checkout queues, and then leave? Do Tesco customers walk around Sainsbury's with banners - 18 UK titles, and 4 times European trophies for best supermarket of the year? "You're all shiit, AAAAAAAGGH"

Argyle is a football club, like thousands of others, part of our community history, our own personal memories, and passions run deep. This isn't 'just business'. The only part of it that has any parallels with business studies A-level is that the club needs to pay its taxes, its debts, and try and make a profit. The other theories people use from business, such as for deciding an appropriate time to sack Fletcher amongst other things are totally inappropriate.

Bleddy hell not another one :lol:

That was the joke, that's how jokes work by taking two extremes in this case two completely different organisations and customer relationships and using them together, so no it's not a good analogy but that was the point, to give a silly response to a silly post written by some one that is obviously on a wind up :lol:

In no way do I see Sainsburys and Argyle as comparable entities other than for the purpose if my original humorous natured post, there was an underlying message that the club has a responsibility to its staff however this responsibility is very different to Sainsburys especially when it comes to the manager and his playing staff...

Jun 26, 2006
Speaking personally and only personally it makes no difference to me how many sub groups are there SUPPORTING argyle . I would love it if people could make rational arguments for or against something . I appreciate not everyone has good spelling , good grammar etc . Doesn't bother me at all if the argument they are making has value in it . What i would like to know though is those people who insist that Carl Fletcher should be sacked and what ???? . If you cannot put forward a sensible and coherent strategy other than "Fletcher Out " you don't really have an argument .For example the costs involved with compensation / paying up contracts etc and then attracting another manager in . Where is that money supposed to come from ?
What I really don't get , well i get it I just don't like it , is the need there appears to be among football fans everywhere for instant gratification .
What I want is to be excited by what's going on on the pitch .I don't want to be distracted by young or middle aged men performing exercises and community singing . I want to be able to get annoyed at Linesmen who don't appear to know the offside rules , I want to be able to get p...d off with opposition players . It is my release from all the stresses and strains of a normal working week . I want to be able to stand and applaud the players off the pitch because they have played really well . I do know that sometimes that isn't going to happen, (I will refrain though from booing ) , that we are going to be outplayed and sometimes we are going to hammer the opposition and still get beaten . That's football . Get used to it .

Jan 2, 2010
jacobmilton":wc6cov1h said:
i was down the front where the flethcer out banner was being held and the stewards where right over us and toke the flag away. now surely we should be allowed as paying customers to be able to protest in a peacful manner to get our opinion herd ?

Did your banner have a fire safety certificate?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Shadowknight":1i2r80dc said:
jacobmilton":1i2r80dc said:

He wouldn't have needed one, Rhys was on the bench with his hose in hand :lol:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
GM Vauxhall":nj226pxx said:
hairy j":nj226pxx said:
Kevin_Dacombe":nj226pxx said:
Erm, I'm not saying it wasn't a good game or great result or that home park wasn't a smashing ground (as it was!) but the gaps in the terracing and sparce demport say a lot about the crowd. Good crowd? Would dispute that a little.

9.358 and it was almost an all standing Home Park back then hence why it looked a little sparse. My point was, the away end was full and the atmosphere was better because of it. We also didn't have a load of teenagers waving flags in the crowd.

Also the Lyndhurst was the place to go at the time. God I miss those days. The only flags you saw were union ones tied to the fences. And no drums. If only I had a time machine...

Urgh I miss standing at Home Park. Football really should go back to offering standing areas. It's 2012 - there's no reason why we can't have safe standing areas, no reason at all.

Watching the baseball last night, crowd of 42k (in a stadium for 41.5k), all stood up, and alcohol served as well. Football fans in this country are still being treated like second-class citizens, and it doesn't matter how many disasters it takes, it will always be the fault of the fan in the minds of those who make the rules.

How is it possible that a stadium can hold football matches one day, and rugby the next, but rugby fans are legally allowed to stand and drink?

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
Bermudian Green":2k61mkvf said:
How is it possible that a stadium can hold football matches one day, and rugby the next, but rugby fans are legally allowed to stand and drink?

I guess it's because you get a lot less idiots watching rugby games?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Ollieargyle9":1x7ceb9i said:
Shadowknight":1x7ceb9i said:
jacobmilton":1x7ceb9i said:

He wouldn't have needed one, Rhys was on the bench with his hose in hand :lol:

He shouldn't be doing that - especially during a game. Could get a strain!

A

Anonymous

For information, from this morning, Forza Verde fans can pick up their free FV stickers from the club shop.

These have been designed by Paoti's Jamesy and have been sponsored by our Nikkk.

There's about 250 of them and it's a solo run, so pick them up whilst they exist.

There's a few already placed in strategic windows in London!