WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES ! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES !

Nov 3, 2011
'skeard
Good result but we need to create more from open play! Decent teams wont concede early penalties or soft free kicks in dangerous areas, and will defend them much better than barnet did today when they do. Still, onwards and upwards.. fletch has bought himself some more time, so let's see where that takes us.

D

DannyCHESTPAFC

3 points from today for me, but it was up to the lads to capitalize on having an easy game, whether it was a marginal win or a walk over. I'm happy with 3 points either way, but I'm so glad we did get a nice number of goals, and our first back to back wins in all competitions after so long. I think now we're starting to find our feet and starting to show some real quality, especially in players like Paris, and Lennox on Tuesday night I thought was outstanding. A win at Rochdale could put us in a very nice position depending on how the other fixtures play out, fingers crossed as always. Always nice to come out of work and see a great result, and a cheeky 3-0 win over city for Northampton!

5 points away, 5 points awaaay, exeter city, we're 5 points away!

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
samjones":2feud6ej said:
bringonthemilkman":2feud6ej said:
samjones, are you pleased we won convincingly today? Or would you rather we had lost?
serious question.

Over the moon we WON TODAY but TBH I expect more than 18th in Division 4 from the mighty Argyle

If you are happy with that then clearly your standards and expectations are alot less than mine

We should be walking this league with the size of club and support we have.

The mis-management of the club over the last 5 years has been an absolute disgrace
That carp has shown 100% that you are just a wind-up merchant who bought your brain cell down Trago. Did you ever attend school or are you just totally incapable of writing coherent comments that make sense. Position in a league is not governed by ''size'' or ''support'' - ask L'Pool or Oxford fans. Then you accept that 5 years of mismanagement has been a disgrace -correct - but even though your brain cell was ''Trago'' there must be a bit of it that explains how recovery from 5 yrs can take some while. I think you can get brain cells for your level on CBBC - now its past your bedtime so ''Lords prayer'' and goodnight.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
greengenes":1eklkjbo said:
Agreed - a nice win next week is needed . Taking nothing away from today -it was a great result . Now lets put on a show at Home Park .
It's important we don't follow up another promising result with another poor one.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A welcome win despite the obvious poor quality of the opposition, 3 draws from 12 games says it all but 4 goals and it could have been more is all that could have been asked for really. The test is to now follow that up with long awaited back to back wins against a decent Rochdale team at home where we need to start winning. My timeline for Fletcher to be truly judged would be mid December after the Exeter home game when we are 10 more games down the line, half way through the season and have played a fair mix of top and bottom sides. The good thing is we have played a lot of dross so far while we find our feet and a system of play and the next 10 games against generally better quality opposition will show us if progress is truly being made. I am hopeful, time will tell.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
This result shows exactly why I couldnt say yes, or no, to last weeks Fletch out poll...Its just too difficult what to know when Argyle lurch from inspired to insipid from week to week.....Barnet are a poor side tbh, so what does this result tell us? I guess it shows the team can come out fighting after a bad result and a lot of flak, which is a good sign...we just need some home wins.......

Oct 24, 2010
It's worth pointing out that Barnet are not pushovers. Their last four league games have been against four of the better teams in the league Rotherham, Fleetwood, Exeter (we have to admit it for the time being) and Southend and they have drawn two and lost the other two by a single goal as well as only losing 1 - 0 to Orient, a League One team, in the JPT. Generally, teams only play as well as you allow them to play and it seems from those who attended the game the only criticism is that we didn't win by more.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
esmer":1q40703z said:
It's worth pointing out that Barnet are not pushovers. Their last four league games have been against four of the better teams in the league Rotherham, Fleetwood, Exeter (we have to admit it for the time being) and Southend and they have drawn two and lost the other two by a single goal as well as only losing 1 - 0 to Orient, a League One team, in the JPT. Generally, teams only play as well as you allow them to play and it seems from those who attended the game the only criticism is that we didn't win by more.

Agreed, I noticed that too. Their form not as bad as results and position suggested.

A day for positivity - how many times in the past have Argyle gone to a low-lying club, played poorly and given the other club a springboard to start their season.

Now let´s just put it together at home, keep the injuries and yellows at bay, and start a run for Christmas...

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Bezza":3u795qie said:
This result shows exactly why I couldnt say yes, or no, to last weeks Fletch out poll...Its just too difficult what to know when Argyle lurch from inspired to insipid from week to week.....Barnet are a poor side tbh, so what does this result tell us? I guess it shows the team can come out fighting after a bad result and a lot of flak, which is a good sign...we just need some home wins.......
One thing for sure though is that being an ''Argyle lurch'' is interesting and a roller coaster. :lol:

Jul 6, 2011
Steve Evans":2rph3r15 said:
Keepitgreen":2rph3r15 said:
Steve Evans":2rph3r15 said:
greengenes":2rph3r15 said:
Saracen10":2rph3r15 said:
:wave: Keep the positivity coming guys and gals...........the Evans twins, Trapdoor and SamJones will be back from Bingo soon to bring us all down

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: .....just kidding ....NOT

Ones playing squash . Squash the optimism ...
:funny: just finished playing squash and doing half a mile in the pool.a great win today and i think we will win next saturday. carl fletcher got the tactics spot on.i have no complaints. :shock: :funny:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Have you been on the pop??
no mate. i am very happy with the way we outplayed our opponents.i have no complaints. :shock: :shock:

Feel I'm in a parallel universe...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
briangreen":3a74cid2 said:
Steve Evans":3a74cid2 said:
Keepitgreen":3a74cid2 said:
Steve Evans":3a74cid2 said:
greengenes":3a74cid2 said:
Saracen10":3a74cid2 said:
:wave: Keep the positivity coming guys and gals...........the Evans twins, Trapdoor and SamJones will be back from Bingo soon to bring us all down

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: .....just kidding ....NOT

Ones playing squash . Squash the optimism ...
:funny: just finished playing squash and doing half a mile in the pool.a great win today and i think we will win next saturday. carl fletcher got the tactics spot on.i have no complaints. :shock: :funny:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Have you been on the pop??
no mate. i am very happy with the way we outplayed our opponents.i have no complaints. :shock: :shock:

Feel I'm in a parallel universe...

Is that my cue to say "Bleddy Argo" and "Fletch out"? :lol: