WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES ! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES !

Aug 28, 2012
After the dire match last week at Home Park against Wimbledon I'd say it's been a pretty good week and gives us hope moving forward;

1) Only 2 defeats in the last 10 (including JPT) - 4 Wins , 4 Draws and 2 defeats (hardly Fletcher Out material surely)
2) Back to back wins
3) Quarter Final of the JPT Southern
3) Promising younsters blooded on Tuesday and looking good for the future
4) 1053 away fans at Barnet - simply awesome
5) Inspired substitutions from CF - particularly Andy G pegging back Barnet's most dangerous player John Oster. I highlight this after the poor substitutions last week.
6) 6 points off 5th place

and of course we could be negative and say it's only Aldershot and Barnet, we're only 6 points off relegation but hey ...... I'm going positive - bring on Rochdale
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Sep 28, 2011
I still want Fletcher out because we'll lose next sat and play dire:)... ...... No consistency :)......

Well done argyle,awesome :)

Aug 28, 2012
plymptonpilgreen":1wv327sb said:
I still want Fletcher out because we'll lose next sat and play dire:)... ...... No consistency :)......

Well done argyle,awesome :)

No PP......... it's all positive this week ..... YOU CAN DO POSITIVE YOU CAN ...just believe :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dec 2, 2010
We must get the home form sorted..only 1 defeat away.

Only 5 points at home is the problem. Half decent home form and we'd be in the play off places.

Aug 28, 2012
:wave: Keep the positivity coming guys and gals...........the Evans twins, Trapdoor and SamJones will be back from Bingo soon to bring us all down

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: .....just kidding ....NOT

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Pleasing thing today was that we had options on the bench. And Fletcher used them well.
Let's not forget we were without Wotton, Lowry and Jenkins as defensive midfield cover, any one of these can come in when we play somebody stronger than Barnet.

Aug 28, 2012
bringonthemilkman":1j4ueaha said:
Pleasing thing today was that we had options on the bench. And Fletcher used them well.
Let's not forget we were without Wotton, Lowry and Jenkins as defensive midfield cover, any one of these can come in when we play somebody stronger than Barnet.

Good point Milky ............although Lowry was on the bench today and Jenkins has gone back to Watford.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
bringonthemilkman":2jt8p7fq said:

Doubt Jenkins will feature too often now that he's gone back to Watford but I know what you mean, we haven't really felt our strength in numbers this season with all the fitness issues so it will be good for Fletch to have plenty of players to choose from...

I only hope we can carry this run on, it will be nice to see Argyle win on a regular basis for once :scarf:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
If he comes out and tries to take the game to in-form Rochdale next week I might start to think about thinking about one day maybe reversing my opinion on whether CF should be in charge. A win against bottom is just a very very tentative shuffle in the right direction, not a step, not a giant leap, a mini-shuffle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Apart from the win the pleasing thing about today was that Fletch recognised the danger that Barnet were posing in midfield during the first half (even though we were 2-1 up) and tactically changed the formation for the second half to combat that and go on to win the game.
He's learning, nice one Fletch. :clap:

G

Greenskin

up_the_line":35hwc5g0 said:
If he comes out and tries to take the game to in-form Rochdale next week I might start to think about thinking about one day maybe reversing my opinion on whether CF should be in charge. A win against bottom is just a very very tentative shuffle in the right direction, not a step, not a giant leap, a mini-shuffle.

Exactly.The next six games will provide a better idea of how good Argyle are and if this season is going to be any better than mediocre.Great win today though,Fletcher and the team certainly made me eat my words and long may that continue.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Fletcher for England

:funny:

Happy with 3 pts away against a RELEGATION rival but don't worry normal service will resume at home park next week. Barnet are a very poor team and lets face it if we hadn't beaten them we would definitely be in trouble.

As JB would say "as long as there are 2 worse teams than us at the end of the season "
:whistle: