Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
:D :D :D Can no longer see what time/day posts have been made.

How do you edit posts now? Just for the rare occasion when I make mistakes typing :D

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I'm getting a load of whitespace below the banner (with the countdown clocks) before the board title (on which the "home" icon isn't rendered to the same size as the board title). I'm using Chrome and Edge on W10:

pasoti.jpg

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
warney":2h06krw9 said:
I'm getting a load of whitespace below the banner (with the countdown clocks) before the board title (on which the "home" icon isn't rendered to the same size as the board title). I'm using Chrome and Edge on W10:

pasoti.jpg

I'm told this one is being worked on. Bear with us, we're almost there.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
cheshiregreen":3r8cajch said:
:

How do you edit posts now? Just for the rare occasion when I make mistakes typing

Do you see up in the RHC of your post a line of green or red boxes or orange boxes the 3rd box (orange) has a pencil in it, if you click on that it will bring up your post and you can then edit it.

If you click on the other boxes it will tell you what each is for

May 26, 2015
Thank you so much for all your work on Pasoti, which I appreciate immensely. Please, however, change, in the fixtures, "Plymouth" - never heard of them - to "Argyle", or "Plymouth Argyle"

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2n9focmy said:
DrewPAFC":2n9focmy said:
Looks really smart - good effort to those involved!

Only slight bit of feedback - the posts with 'quotes' in of others posts seem in a much larger font..? Would be easier to follow threads if these were the same size, like the "old" Pasoti.

That said, some lovely new features!

This!

Over than that - great job all!

Agree with this.
Perhaps a bit OCD, but a few elements seem oddly sized: The home icon in the banner being smaller than the rest, and the last post arrows being a bit smaller, these may be design choices but worth mentioning in case not.
A compact version could be a nice future addition too with all the spare whitespace.

Otherwise good work, certainly more of a modern feel and UX than the previous version.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The reduction in white space is being worked on.

This is an off the shelf website with many added bits by our team. It's safe and secure and is hosted so we don't suffer outages as we used to a few years ago particularly on Saturdays.

Due to our advertising income we are also investigating further improvements as well as giving good money to PAFC and some other PAFC related projects. For example, I transferred £1000 to the Argyle Legends just over a week ago for the sponsorship of The Tony Waiters weekend.

As I've said very often, we are the site that keeps on giving.

:scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Testis.

Edit...

The above was initally just a 'comedy' test post. I intended to test the edit functionality but will now leave it as a one word initial statement of my opinion of the change :wink:

I've had to exit back to the mobile version for this edit as I can find no trace of these mythical 'three lines in the RHC' for editing. As a reader more than a poster I'll stay here. Thankfully the site link is saved on my tablet as the mobile version because (another glitch?) from the new desktop version there appears no obvious means of escaping back to the familiarity, reliability and editbility of the mobile version.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ottawa Green":3hd2h1ow said:
cheshiregreen":3hd2h1ow said:
:

How do you edit posts now? Just for the rare occasion when I make mistakes typing

Do you see up in the RHC of your post a line of green or red boxes or orange boxes the 3rd box (orange) has a pencil in it, if you click on that it will bring up your post and you can then edit it.

If you click on the other boxes it will tell you what each is for

Using android, I can see the icons when making post, but, can't see how to do this on post already submitted. :oops:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Thanks guys yes it looks good, particularly once we get used to it.

However, I'm also experiencing lots of white / space on Chrome on my mac laptop - and also it feels like the avator / profile info is maybe too big a font, meaning that I have to scroll down much more than I ever used to to go from post to post, which is takes away from things a bit.

Just trying to be helpful. Thanks as ever to everyone's efforts.