We are going in the right direction | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are going in the right direction

Sep 6, 2006
What would be good to know is the reason why we have'nt strengthened close season(I would say we are weaker than when we ended last season with loss of loan signings).
Is it:1. players wouldnt come west;
2. The budget is not big enough
3. Fletcher doesnt think we need to strengthen that much.
4. Fletcher doesnt have the contacts.

Because with current squad we are at best settling for mediocrity.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nick Wall":2uzcrrmq said:
I don't think Danny Salman is far off. Fletch deserves the benefit of the doubt with regards to our approach last year but this year is expected to entertain more and even those who share a reality as to what can be expected this season must expect us to be clear of the teams fighting a relegation battle. I'm not sure we will be.

Goalscoring is the major issue and not scoring in 4 and a half hours against league opposition in pre-season is concerning. As others have said let's wait until the first 10 games have been played. If I was going to punt on our position after the first 10 games it would be 8 points and 21st. I hope I'm wrong and will see for myself on Tuesday.

I was expecting 5ish new key players in through the window.

So far we've had 2 and 1 of those is a long term injury.

I'm expecting more players in but fear that they will be 20 year old loanees that are after match experiance.

In my opinion we still need a striker, a CM and a RB. Not a school boy on work experiance, a pro with game experiance.

Deflated

Sep 6, 2006
Tugboat":7cy7235d said:
Nick Wall":7cy7235d said:
I don't think Danny Salman is far off. Fletch deserves the benefit of the doubt with regards to our approach last year but this year is expected to entertain more and even those who share a reality as to what can be expected this season must expect us to be clear of the teams fighting a relegation battle. I'm not sure we will be.

Goalscoring is the major issue and not scoring in 4 and a half hours against league opposition in pre-season is concerning. As others have said let's wait until the first 10 games have been played. If I was going to punt on our position after the first 10 games it would be 8 points and 21st. I hope I'm wrong and will see for myself on Tuesday.

I was expecting 5ish new key players in through the window. 4 plus a loan signing!So far we've had 2 and 1 of those is a long term injury.

I'm expecting more players in but fear that they will be 20 year old loanees that are after match experiance.

In my opinion we still need a striker, a CM and a RB. Not a school boy on work experiance, a pro with game experiance.

Deflated

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
HarlHM":31my0h7g said:
Womble":31my0h7g said:
Our midfield is weak. Our strikers are terrible. Defence is OK (best in the league? On what evidence?). Keeper is OK.

No chance whatsoever of play offs. But no relegation struggle either. My prediction; lucky 13th. And no matter what happened to us last year, I would not regard a mid table finish in the basement division to be any sort of success. Aim higher or give up.
Well that was uplifting. :yawn:

Sorry Harl, didnt realis that this board sole purpose was to make you smile.

Does no-one see the irony in moaning about people moaning?

ANyway, for the happy clappers here's a smile: :)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Gilmartin and PCH key players?

Feb 15, 2005
Surely we need to start to play well and win more at HP, last three seasons have been awful at home and has turned off thousands of floating fans. Are we moving in the right direction lets see after 6 games.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
fletchisalegend":upy0p7j3 said:
I believe Carl Fletcher will make us a hard team to beat this season and we will be in the mix for the play offs this season.
We have possibly the best defence in the league,a good midfield and hopefully our new striker Griffiths will scoring the goals that we need. :thumbup:
Wooops.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Steve.PAFC2012":1dag9his said:
fletchisalegend":1dag9his said:
I believe Carl Fletcher will make us a hard team to beat this season and we will be in the mix for the play offs this season.
We have possibly the best defence in the league,a good midfield and hopefully our new striker Griffiths will scoring the goals that we need. :thumbup:
Wooops.

Apparently he has changed his user name to Fletchisaknobend now

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Not as bad as Steve Evans putting "we will be promoted this season" (or words to that effect) on the end of every single post he made in June, July and early August!

Jul 29, 2010
We are headed for the conference, if that's the 'right direction' for you then stop the bus, I want to get off and go the other way.

We won't win another football match this season with a few patches of good possession football. We are always kept at arms length anyway and never penetrate to make it count.

Opposition managers talk to each other you know, our 'strength' (not that it is) is easily weathered and nullified. We've been found out and pretty soon we'll be playing the same teams again - call me clairvoyant but I reckon having found us out once, teams we've played before might just know how to snuff us out from the off 2nd time round :roll:

We need a new approach, New tactics, New drills, New formations, New partnerships. But we have seen when it comes to tactical nouse and impact substitutions, Fletch's cupboard is bare.

We are NOT headed in the right direction :doh:

Jul 29, 2010
.......NB, just noted the date of the OP. Keeping the post up mind as there are still flat earth society members who believe in Fletch's way :shock: