We are going in the right direction | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are going in the right direction

F

fletchisalegend

I believe Carl Fletcher will make us a hard team to beat this season and we will be in the mix for the play offs this season.
We have possibly the best defence in the league,a good midfield and hopefully our new striker Griffiths will scoring the goals that we need. :thumbup:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
fletchisalegend":hnwxo7ho said:
I believe Carl Fletcher will make us a hard team to beat this season and we will be in the mix for the play offs this season.
We have possibly the best defence in the league,a good midfield and hopefully our new striker Griffiths will scoring the goals that we need. :thumbup:

:shock:

Jun 11, 2012
Dave Langmead":2u64efvq said:
fletchisalegend":2u64efvq said:

:shock:
We do.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Lets see on Saturday

To be honest i'm still a bit worried, Andres looked well off the pace last night and was rightly subbed at half time, Hourihane put in several challenges that led me to think he's going to get a few red cards this season, we got done for pace in midfield and defence at times although it is still early in the season and we won't face too many teams of teenagers this year. We still seem to keep the ball in the air and hit n hope at times. Will be interested to see how we go on saturday against a propper team, one who i don't think scored against us last season.

Jul 29, 2010
Tugboat":18o6jtm1 said:
Lets see on Saturday

That's the key barometer, playing against our level. So far we've played above, well above, below and well below with broadly expected outcomes. Aldershot are a low to middling league 2 side which is just about where we'd put ourselves right now. We narrowly beat them late last season so an early matchup will show if there's any progression.

I admire the OP's optimism but quite what it's based on isn't clear. That's not to say we should be pessimistic either, we just don't know where we sit right now. We lost to teams we should've lost to and beat teams we should've beaten.

It'll make interesting viewing and as always at this time of the season, hope springs eternal........sometimes though hopes can be pinned on things that merits wouldn't necessarily justify.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
X Isle":169g7klr said:
Tugboat":169g7klr said:
Lets see on Saturday

That's the key barometer, playing against our level. So far we've played above, well above, below and well below with broadly expected outcomes. Aldershot are a low to middling league 2 side which is just about where we'd put ourselves right now. We narrowly beat them late last season so an early matchup will show if there's any progression.

I admire the OP's optimism but quite what it's based on isn't clear. That's not to say we should be pessimistic either, we just don't know where we sit right now. We lost to teams we should've lost to and beat teams we should've beaten.

It'll make interesting viewing and as always at this time of the season, hope springs eternal........sometimes though hopes can be pinned on things that merits wouldn't necessarily justify.
When you say "eternal", do you mean "traps"? Or have I been watching Argyle too long?

Jul 29, 2010
Mark_Colling":1l8qv391 said:
X Isle":1l8qv391 said:
Tugboat":1l8qv391 said:
Lets see on Saturday

When you say "eternal", do you mean "traps"? Or have I been watching Argyle too long?

Ha ha, quite possibly. Very true though.

Jul 6, 2011
X Isle":nzl1811h said:
Tugboat":nzl1811h said:
Lets see on Saturday

It's based on hope and trust my friend, you should try it sometime :funny:

Jul 15, 2010
Redruth, Cornwall
I agree about Hourihane, he had me wincing a few times last night when he went for 50/50's, although i think him and Luke Young have huge roles to play this season as they attempt to fill that ball-playing Midfielder role. I do think we have reason to be optimistic, provided we get a steady back four with Purse and Blanchard playing to the same level as last year, because I thought they looked a little hesitant and perhaps sluggish at points last night. There's a lot of potential in that squad though, Cowan-Hall looked lively when he came on last night, admittedly against an inexperienced side, a different player to what I saw in pre-season. Excited for Saturday now which will hopefully provide the first win of many for the season!

Nov 6, 2011
We've no chance of making the play offs, with out current squad. We need a proven goalscorer and a quality midfielder for that to happen. I think we will be in and around the lower mid-table position at this moment in time. Loan signings will be the key.

Jun 11, 2012
Pilgrim":1g6mcgt2 said:
We've no chance of making the play offs, with out current squad. We need a proven goalscorer and a quality midfielder for that to happen. I think we will be in and around the lower mid-table position at this moment in time. Loan signings will be the key.
Oh, thanks for that. I've been looking forward to the new season, and I'm keen to see how we'll do, but there's no need to now, is there?

Thanks. :clap: