We are going in the right direction | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are going in the right direction

Jul 6, 2011
Yeh, I too believe we're heading in the right direction. Got past a tricky cup-tie with a reasonable score. Two debutants & a man lacking confidence got a goal apiece. Can't be bad, but then again I am a peppy 'my glass is half full' kind of character, which is probably the reason I don't usually agree with many on this forum.
Negativity breeds a hopeless situation and things are currently looking good for this club. We have a great owner (that Portsmouth, Port Vale etc would just love to get there hands on), a level headed vibrant young manager, who's actually very passionate about Argyle, despite all the personal stick he gets on here, which he is probably very aware of and a squad of players I say could surprise a lot of teams in this division & could very easily surprise Burnly in the cup.
People get upset on this site because they are passionate about their team and want the very best for the club, that's understandable, but also understand that the folk you put under the microscope might not be able to handle that kind of intense scrutiny, will lose confidence and screw-up.
There are not many players in the squad I would say that don't contribute something positive to the overall team performance and it's heartening to see that attribute, that passion.
I'm a firm believer in what you give out is what you get back and if you're calling the team crap (even when they're winning), then your team will be playing crap every week.

Mar 23, 2008
briangreen":314kak67 said:
Yeh, I too believe we're heading in the right direction. Got past a tricky cup-tie with a reasonable score. Two debutants & a man lacking confidence got a goal apiece. Can't be bad, but then again I am a peppy 'my glass is half full' kind of character, which is probably the reason I don't usually agree with many on this forum.
Negativity breeds a hopeless situation and things are currently looking good for this club. We have a great owner (that Portsmouth, Port Vale etc would just love to get there hands on), a level headed vibrant young manager, who's actually very passionate about Argyle, despite all the personal stick he gets on here, which he is probably very aware of and a squad of players I say could surprise a lot of teams in this division & could very easily surprise Burnly in the cup.
People get upset on this site because they are passionate about their team and want the very best for the club, that's understandable, but also understand that the folk you put under the microscope might not be able to handle that kind of intense scrutiny, will lose confidence and screw-up.
There are not many players in the squad I would say that don't contribute something positive to the overall team performance and it's heartening to see that attribute, that passion.
I'm a firm believer in what you give out is what you get back and if you're calling the team crap (even when they're winning), then your team will be playing crap every week.
Well said that man. I feel positive, in my heart of hearts I don't think we will make the play offs but that doesn't sto me being excited about Saturday and hoping. Beauty of football is you never know, fine margins and lady luck will also play their part. We are a much stronger club and team and the positives far outway the negatives for those who are prepared to see them.

Dec 19, 2008
fletchisalegend":2m4vppes said:
I believe Carl Fletcher will make us a hard team to beat this season and we will be in the mix for the play offs this season.
We have possibly the best defence in the league,a good midfield and hopefully our new striker Griffiths will scoring the goals that we need. :thumbup:

We lost 11-0 in three games to League opposition.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Our midfield is weak. Our strikers are terrible. Defence is OK (best in the league? On what evidence?). Keeper is OK.

No chance whatsoever of play offs. But no relegation struggle either. My prediction; lucky 13th. And no matter what happened to us last year, I would not regard a mid table finish in the basement division to be any sort of success. Aim higher or give up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
hairy j":2xc3at21 said:
fletchisalegend":2xc3at21 said:
I believe Carl Fletcher will make us a hard team to beat this season and we will be in the mix for the play offs this season.
We have possibly the best defence in the league,a good midfield and hopefully our new striker Griffiths will scoring the goals that we need. :thumbup:

We lost 11-0 in three games to League opposition.

Those 9 points lost could be crucial come the end of the season. Oh, hold on...

As for Salman, his column from last season came across as a frustrated unemployed football manager.

Jun 11, 2012
Womble":1ojgn08i said:
Our midfield is weak. Our strikers are terrible. Defence is OK (best in the league? On what evidence?). Keeper is OK.

No chance whatsoever of play offs. But no relegation struggle either. My prediction; lucky 13th. And no matter what happened to us last year, I would not regard a mid table finish in the basement division to be any sort of success. Aim higher or give up.
Well that was uplifting. :yawn:

Sep 6, 2006
briangreen":3txbsx7f said:

Hope you are not in for a rude awakening! But anyway how the hell is a game against a bunch of kids most of whom had never played a senior game ' a tricky cup tie'. :facepalm: Positivity is all very well but be realistic as well.

Apr 14, 2012
we wnet down to 10 men in one of them, one was against a championship side still with players who played for them in the premiership and Fletch has been openly staing they have been usinfg the games to try certain things out and still training harder than they ever will prioe to league fixtures in the lead up to the games.
Lets see what happens on Saturday shall we

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I don't think we are strong enough to start the season.

We've done everything, so far on the cheap.

If we start the season with avoiding relegation as an aim then I'm far more content than starting the season with any higher expectation.

It's awful in the fact that we just accept being pretty poor and defend it to the hilt. Why can't everyone just be honest and come out with the drivel that we are getting back in our feet and we aren't even entertaining a promotion bid this season? It's far more realistic than coming out with the dross of competitive budget and aiming for promotion propaganda.

Honesty and reality is something we need to tap into as a club because at the moment we are building ourselves up for failure.

The more I think about our situation and team the more annoyed I get thinking that we all believe that we are good enough to get anything from this season.

We are a deluded cheap and cheerful club at present.

Let's get real and face it with some reality FFS.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
Well said Tug's we are not strong enough especially in midfield, we have nobody to carry the ball forward, the ball gets lobbed from defence over midfield trying to find our strikers, we have no finishers on our books,

I know it is early day's and management should be given time but judging by what I've seen so far a mid table is about right, and i also believe that we will see a lot of home draws, and if teams are brave enough to take the game to Argyle also a few defeats.

Regarding the Comments about DannySalmon's piece in the paper, danny is a football fan an ex professional football and a very honest person, he say's it as he see's it so if anyone is qualified to talk about Argyle he is.

We all want Argyle to do well but let's be realistic.