We are favourites to win promotion | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are favourites to win promotion

Apr 5, 2008
pastiesforlife":1rbpkqef said:
Now we actually know the make up of the leagues, some of the better bookmakers have priced up the odds.

Argyle are generally second favs 8/1 or 9/1 to win the league; 2/1 to win promotion. Scunthorpe are favs.

With the uncertainty of a manager or squad, the current odds seem way too low. Given where we've been at Christmas the last two seasons, a better bet would seem to be 40/1 for relegation. Bottom at Christmas and cash out before the recovery begins?

Is that how far Argyle have sunk that the recommended bet for them next season is to bet them to be relegated and that they will be bottom of the entire football league at Xmas :facepalm:

Do me a favour ,if this actually happened then the whole club would be in crisis and the manager whoever he was,sacked as well hopefully!
Utterly ridiculous post,like a troll post!

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Mork":k5c3dso0 said:
ghost of hughie reed":k5c3dso0 said:
I will settle for a place in the Play offs.
We may have a lot of new recruits to bed in. As
I understand it the 'retained' list is not any thing other than derisory offers to fulfil statutory obligations. Who stays, that's up to the negotiations between players agents and the incoming manager.

We may well have a manager that does not know this league.

We critize other clubs for having a billy big time mentality, think we have a bit of that about ours selves when it comes to expectations.
Can you please explain to me why we have to offer any form of contract (derisory or not ) to players out of contract ? I'm confused , what does 'fulfil statutory obligations ' mean? If there out of contract why make them an offer, unless you want to keep them??
It doesn't make any sense at all, hopefully someone can set me straight. :crazy:

Hi Mork just seen your post. Pogleswoody explanation is approximately correct. If they don't receive some sort of offer by a given date which I think is early june it disadvantages the employing club. I only know this because of a knowledgeable poster on another pasoti thread who went into precise detail.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
ghost of hughie reed":kpg414nb said:
Mork":kpg414nb said:
ghost of hughie reed":kpg414nb said:
I will settle for a place in the Play offs.
We may have a lot of new recruits to bed in. As
I understand it the 'retained' list is not any thing other than derisory offers to fulfil statutory obligations. Who stays, that's up to the negotiations between players agents and the incoming manager.

We may well have a manager that does not know this league.

We critize other clubs for having a billy big time mentality, think we have a bit of that about ours selves when it comes to expectations.
Can you please explain to me why we have to offer any form of contract (derisory or not ) to players out of contract ? I'm confused , what does 'fulfil statutory obligations ' mean? If there out of contract why make them an offer, unless you want to keep them??
It doesn't make any sense at all, hopefully someone can set me straight. :crazy:

Hi Mork just seen your post. Pogleswoody explanation is approximately correct. If they don't receive some sort of offer by a given date which I think is early june it disadvantages the employing club. I only know this because of a knowledgeable poster on another pasoti thread who went into precise detail.
Thanks to you and Pogleswoody.. it still sounds so convoluted , if anyone's out of contract surly they can negotiate with anyone regardless of what we've offered!! Still a bit confused. Cheers

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Mork":ap2qj78a said:
Thanks to you and Pogleswoody.. it still sounds so convoluted , if anyone's out of contract surly they can negotiate with anyone regardless of what we've offered!! Still a bit confused. Cheers

If they are not offered a contract by the date all clubs announce their retained list, they can walk there and then if they want to. If they are offered another contract they are required to complete their current contract, unless released by mutual consent.

Anyone out of contract at the end of June can start negotiations with other clubs from January, but they need to indicate that they will not be re-signing.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Argylegames":3ed6x5kz said:
Mork":3ed6x5kz said:

If they are not offered a contract by the date all clubs announce their retained list, they can walk there and then if they want to. If they are offered another contract they are required to complete their current contract, unless released by mutual consent.

Anyone out of contract at the end of June can start negotiations with other clubs from January, but they need to indicate that they will not be re-signing.
Thank you. Now it makes sense, I can go back sleep! :thumbup: