We are favourites to win promotion | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We are favourites to win promotion

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
football-bet-data":308zm4tq said:
We get the same questions each time there is a betting or odds related thread. The bookies will set their odds based on either the anticipated amount of money to be placed or the actual amount of money being placed. At this stage those odds have no reflection on expected finishing position but more to do with expected volume of money

And the order in which we finished.

Aug 5, 2016
We have to be a good bet for promotion. A considerable club at fourth tier level. A 19 goal League One striker, players like Carey and Lameiras. 10,000+ crowds and managers like Ian Holloway begging to come and run the show.

All things you won't see at Newport, Stevenage or Forest Green Rovers.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":3nz7ibg7 said:
We have to be a good bet for promotion. A considerable club at fourth tier level. A 19 goal League One striker, players like Carey and Lameiras. 10,000+ crowds and managers like Ian Holloway begging to come and run the show.

If you account for the fact that Holloway, Carey, Lameiras and our 19 goal striker won't be here and we'll be lucky to get a 10k crowd more than 3/4 times, then actually are we a good bet?

Aug 5, 2016
Nobby":19rw2piy said:
Knibbsworth":19rw2piy said:

If you account for the fact that Holloway, Carey, Lameiras and our 19 goal striker won't be here and we'll be lucky to get a 10k crowd more than 3/4 times, then actually are we a good bet?

We'll see. If Ladapo leaves, we'll get money for him. If Carey leaves, a considerable chunk of the wage bill is freed up to bring other players in. If Holloway doesn't come, other managers will apply. Play the role of bookmaker. Argyle are a blank canvas, are you confident the club will not come back up? If so, why? The club could go in any direction now, the size of the club at fourth tier level suggests we will attract a good calibre of managerial candidates and have a reasonable budget at this standard. There is no reason to suggest we will struggle to compete.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
ANOTHER promotion from division 4? Gosh I don't think I can wait. I mean massive thanks to Derek really, for giving us the chance to score some more football glory

Feb 27, 2010
Ridiculous , unless they know something we don’t ,based on this seasons performances we are more likely favourites to go down ! We have been truly pathetic with no real positives at all over the entire season.......I cannot remember a more dispiriting time at Home Park, with no manager announced and such a poor crop of players it is idiotic to even think about promotion, oh yes ....and of course we still have no money !

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":11r280lb said:
Nobby":11r280lb said:
Knibbsworth":11r280lb said:

We'll see. If Ladapo leaves, we'll get money for him. If Carey leaves, a considerable chunk of the wage bill is freed up to bring other players in. If Holloway doesn't come, other managers will apply. Play the role of bookmaker. Argyle are a blank canvas, are you confident the club will not come back up? If so, why? The club could go in any direction now, the size of the club at fourth tier level suggests we will attract a good calibre of managerial candidates and have a reasonable budget at this standard. There is no reason to suggest we will struggle to compete.

There are some decent teams going down with us and some alright clubs already down there; Mansfield, Swindon, Oldham, Tranmere.

As it stands, I have little faith in the board getting the appointment right and the size of the rebuild in terms of playing squad is a huge task. All these things coupled together make it difficult to judge.

I would expect us to be going for automatic promotion and anything less than any sort of promotion at this point is a failure. But a lot depends on the next few weeks and if the board don't get this appointment right expectations may have to be tempered.

May 5, 2019
This relegation feels a lot like the 94-95 relegation so maybe next year we will win at Wembley with Neil Warnock in charge...

In reality these odds are meaningless at the minute. Quite why Port Vale are 6th favs is puzzling too. Have they just been bought by an oil sheik?

May 22, 2006
2/1 actually means that we should achieve one promotion within the next three years, so not that exciting.

Notts Co were favourites the year before last. That hasn’t worked out well.

Mansfield were favourites last year - again they didn’t even get automatic promotion.

There is absolutely no cause for complacency because promotion from any league is difficult, however
it’s hard not to conclude that league 2 looks far more open next season compared to when we were last there. This time there’s no Luton, Portsmouth, Doncaster or any other team like MK Dons all believing they’re playing below their normal status.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Unsurprisingly both Fylde and Salford are well backed financially and whoever gets promoted, will be a threat, in my opinion.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
On SkyBet at 8/1 despite having half a squad and no manager.

The next favourites are Bradford at 9/1, followed by Mansfield and Scunthorpe at 10/1.

Is winning League 2 upon our return too lofty a goal or a realistic expectation?

Mar 23, 2019
If we don't go up next year then it's been a terrible, terrible season. No excuses not to bounce back first time.

Whether we win the league or not, i'm not sure... Currently we're managerless and don't have a squad

Jul 14, 2017
I read somewhere we were favourites to go down ! Lets get a manager and a squad before we lay out our hard earned !