Waterlogged pitch? (Chesterfield game ON) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Waterlogged pitch? (Chesterfield game ON)

With no trains between Exeter and Bristol and the service not suspected to re=start in earnest until Monday. Plus Saturdays weather frecast the sensible thing to do would be postpone the match. Whether this happens or not...

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
briangreen":24w78wyb said:
Cerbera":24w78wyb said:
Considering it cost £750,000 (which we didn't pay for) I would expect it not to water log easily.

I suppose that's James Brent's doing as well??
sorry bitching again... :oops:

No, not bitching, rather a clever move actually. Get a state of the art pitch and pay nothing for it. Not great for the company providing it of course, but who in their right mind would extend a line of credit of that magnitude without some background checks?

G

greenpastyman

With the weather looking dreadful for tomorrow and with everything we have had last few days what do we think.......is this match likely to be a goer!? :scarf:

Mar 7, 2009
The sprinklers will still be on tomorrow at 10am.

The only way I can see it being postponed are because of travel issues and the Chesterfield squad getting stuck - if they aren't down here already.

It will be on.

Sep 20, 2003
Have been up to the club today and spoke to groundsman. Despite 80mm of rain this week the pitch has drained perfectly well and game is defo on tomorrow.

MikeD

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Oct 20, 2003
Calgary, Canada
Well I hope its on - Hannah D, Mrs D and yours truly are about to set out for Plymouth for the weekend and Hannah D & me are planning to be there.

12Weeso

pafc9713":xw8n0sj2 said:
does anyone know if trains are running between totnes and plymouth?

no trains out of Plymouth to Exeter at the mo

Aug 10, 2006
if i owned the company that laid that pitch i would have dug it up and taken it back cheeky f.....s knew they had no intention of paying for it.

Dec 3, 2005
12Weeso":31hvbiv8 said:
pafc9713":31hvbiv8 said:
does anyone know if trains are running between totnes and plymouth?

no trains out of Plymouth to Exeter at the mo

With respect, having trains from Plymouth to Exeter cancelled, will not automatically mean that the trains from Plymouth to Totnes (or vice versa) will not be running.

Looking at the first link below, suggests that the trains from Exeter to Plymouth are/will be running as usual

I would check these links on Saturday morning.

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Your ... d-Cornwall

http://www.journeycheck.com/firstgreatwestern

or

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/

Oct 26, 2009
Newton Abbot
All trains south west of Exeter seem to be running OK this morning.

Having just come off Nights this morning I might therefore let the Train take the strain, although I'll get pished on walking from the station to HP :think: