Waterlogged pitch? (Chesterfield game ON) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Waterlogged pitch? (Chesterfield game ON)

J

just_ste

Lets face it,theres no way Saturdays game is gonna go ahead,but in the current situation,are many people even bothered?There was a time when I would be gutted for a game to be called off,now I will just go and do something else,and save the 20 quid I would have spent to be bored for 90 mins

Dec 3, 2005
why won't it be on??

the pitch as good drainage, it hasn't rained today and tomorrow looks good.

I want this game on, for better or worse.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I dont think you can waterlog that pitch,its built on sand.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
djg145":gfrormkx said:
why won't it be on??

the pitch as good drainage, it hasn't rained today and tomorrow looks good.

I want this game on, for better or worse.

You need to get out a bit more. Its pouring down here.

Pitch should be fine as Oddball says with all that sand and all those rubber bands. Pity we didn't pay for it!

Sep 28, 2003
London
Posting about 400 yards from HP: it's utterly hideous weather. Flooding at the low parts of the roads. This was on my walk (!) home about 10 minutes ago:

MXdOM.jpg

Sep 28, 2003
London
It'll resist waterlogging much better than most pitches, but it won't be immune.

Make no mistake, it is utterly hideous here, and it has been all day!

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Can't imagine it will be called off unless this rain persists until Saturday. Forecast tomorrow is dry with sunny spells. Saturday looks pretty bad though!

Sep 20, 2003
Andy Holland":37a6uqid said:
Posting about 400 yards from HP: it's utterly hideous weather. Flooding at the low parts of the roads. This was on my walk (!) home about 10 minutes ago:

MXdOM.jpg

Warning Pedantic alert.

That looks like Stuart Road which isn't 400 yds from HP

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
Barring a constant deluge of biblical proportions between now and 5pm on Saturday. the game will be on.

The one thing we have got right in the last 4 years is the drainage on the new pitch, it is spectacularly good.

The rain today and tonight will have disappeared tomorrow and while the forecast for Saturday isn't great, it isn't enough to bother the pitch.