Waterlogged pitch? (Chesterfield game ON) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Waterlogged pitch? (Chesterfield game ON)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If there was any doubt ......
Only1Argyle Today’s #pafc v Chesterfield game is ON – NO planned pitch inspection. Get yourself down to the Park .

Sep 30, 2004
PL2 3DQ":2n1v1ra0 said:
If there was any doubt ......
Only1Argyle Today’s #pafc v Chesterfield game is ON – NO planned pitch inspection. Get yourself down to the Park .
Rather surprised at that.Looking at the 'will it rain today' website there is even heavier rain heading our way this afternoon.

run_PAFC":3p8f5zpu said:
Certainly a test for the pitch! I would guess it absorbs water quickly meaning not much chance for water to settle on the surface.

Here at Greater Home Park, the rain has been rather intermittent and relatively light - compared with Thursday anyway.

Yes, you will still get wet :facepalm:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I just walked right round the ground with the dog - horrendous the rain became really heavy but has eased off a little now, the bottom by the demolished toilets and the polluted pond is virtually impassable, I skirted on to the grass around it which is just a bog.

The ground is all lit up and ready to go though, stewards milling around, aromas of (Pilgrim) pasties from inside and the usual burger vans setting up.

Game on I guess

Penlee":35g9dmgl said:
I just walked right round the ground with the dog - horrendous the rain became really heavy but has eased off a little now, the bottom by the demolished toilets and the polluted pond is virtually impassable, I skirted on to the grass around it which is just a bog.

Me and my big.................................... :doh: :whistle:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Yeah I bet the Chesterfield team are in the hotel worried sick. 2 day trek to get here, sloppy pitch, big noisy crowd :scarf: , smell of pasties, thought of a charabanc from the road up to the ground with the windows being hit by flying pasties :lol: .. they'll be petrified. Forecast is rain and 1-1

C

Cult Of Personality

Dug out the Waterproofs not worn them since Download this year ( I have washed them )

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Can't believe this game is going ahead. Perfect opportunity to call off a game we're going to lose so that we can play it when we've dispensed with Fletcher.

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
Moleman":5yi9wo27 said:
Barring a constant deluge of biblical proportions between now and 5pm on Saturday. the game will be on.

The one thing we have got right in the last 4 years is the drainage on the new pitch, it is spectacularly good.

The rain today and tonight will have disappeared tomorrow and while the forecast for Saturday isn't great, it isn't enough to bother the pitch.

I'll just reiterate what i said earlier. The only good thing about today was the pitch! It didn't puddle or pool, the ball moved freely and bounced correctly there was no excessive splashing, in fact you would have thought it had been dry all week. Despite the garbage played on it the pitch meets FIFA's top requirements.

I told you it would not be called off and it wasn't and was never in any danger.