URGENT: Bury FC Petition (update: expelled) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

URGENT: Bury FC Petition (update: expelled)

Jan 7, 2018
99% certain to go through. :thumbup:

Thank you, thank you for your support...you will never know how much it has meant to me personally but also to all Bury supporters.

You really are a credit to Plymouth Argyle and football in general.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The money we raised on this site, almost £1400 I think, was paid into Forever Bury, seems to be very well spent.

We’ve been where you are, almost, and most of us will never forget the feelings of fear and dread.

We could easily play each other next season, if we do, I have a feeling that will be something special to quite a few of us. Pilgrims and Shakers eh?

UTS!

Jun 24, 2008
R11 BFC":1cjm67co said:
99% certain to go through. :thumbup:

Thank you, thank you for your support...you will never know how much it has meant to me personally but also to all Bury supporters.

You really are a credit to Plymouth Argyle and football in general.

I hold out hope that you are correct. IJN is right, I for one have never forgotten the fear and worry of losing our club. Its almost like losing a family member. Back then I couldn't bare the thought and after having very difficult 2019 for myself I didn't realise how much I needed PAFC, the chance to let out my emotions and be part of something. I'm sorry that your club has had to go through this but hopefully you have turned a corner and you can remain part of something special.

Fingers crossed for the right noises from the EFL next

Macleanie (Also JannerInPeace from your forum)

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
So pleased for Bury fans this morning although I fear there are still some difficult hurdles to clear.

I remember going to our away game at Brentford with dread. I feared that it could be our last game as a Football League club - a feeling I wouldn’t wish on any football fan, not even the twelve-toed ones up the A38.

I echo IJN’s comment - we could be in the same division next year and what special occasions those two fixtures would be!

UTS!

(PAFC69 on gigglane.com)

Oct 31, 2015
Excellent news. I honestly thought they could be in serious trouble. The rebuild could be long and hard (Ours has been). Good luck to everyone involved at Bury and the supporters.

I would love to have a supporters day up there with BFC but not sure it could happen easily. Home to one of clubs who's supporters were so sympathetic would be good!!!!

Onwards and upwards BFC

:scarf:

Jan 7, 2018
R11 BFC":912p5slq said:
rsp4":912p5slq said:
R11 BFC":912p5slq said:
Some of the grief and gloating from the likes of Rochdale, Tranmere and Shrewsbury has been sickening. When I put the petition on Shrewsbury's MB...they were like a pack of rabid hyenas. Blaming it on us...the FANS! Anyway, you're the true side of football.

We need prayers now...

Well I hope Dale, Shrews and Tranmere never go through this. It's horrible for the real fans.
How do you do likes on here?! :wink:
Just to say, I love ALL your posts...but can't find a like/love button! Anyway, you know how I feel about Argyle...the welcome we received in the Green Taverners, was the best ever, at any football ground I've been to. We left a Bury shirt with you and were given green scarves! Amazing, truly amazing.

Oh and we've made friends with the Shrews! The Daleys and Semi Scousers might be a different matter altogether!!!

Jan 27, 2012
From what I can gather Bury FC has not been sold- it still owned by Steve Dale.

The proposed purchase by C&N Sporting Risk is subject to a lot of legal and financial investigations, and it is questionable as to whether there is enough time for the takeover to happen before 5PM on Tuesday.

So the future of Bury FC is still very much in the balance.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-16811315

May 22, 2006
gaspargomez":kwrrh9zw said:
From what I can gather Bury FC has not been sold- it still owned by Steve Dale.

The proposed purchase by C&N Sporting Risk is subject to a lot of legal and financial investigations, and it is questionable as to whether there is enough time for the takeover to happen before 5PM on Tuesday.

So the future of Bury FC is still very much in the balance.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-16811315

That's my take on it too. It all depends on Steve Dale properly cooperating which....might be an issue....

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If this debacle, which we all hope will end with Bury FC remaining, doesn`t prompt a serious rethink and restructuring of the fit and proper person tests then perhaps there should be some form of legislated procedure to ensure that this cannot happen again. Perhaps in the form of a bond which has to be lodged and used when and if financial irregularities occur.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
As predicted, Bury will be gone at 5pm. There's only one man to blame - Steve Dale.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Keepitgreen":1enw23th said:
As predicted, Bury will be gone at 5pm. There's only one man to blame - Steve Dale.

AND a string of previous owners who mismanaged a community asset and spent more than the club could afford.

Bolton up next, and this could be the first two of many :thumbdown:. Blackburn don't look particularly secure, and a sixth of Football League clubs failed to pay their staff on time at certain points last season.