Untenable. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Untenable.

Jul 25, 2011
Andy Holland":d8o4xdoi said:
He didn't though, did he. Reid was a poor manager for us, but we were nowhere near as amateur under him as we are under Fletcher. We look like a pub team at times.

And I don't care that we "dominated" play today: it's utter rubbish. You dominate games by scoring goals, not with possession. This is the main thing that Fletcher doesn't seem to know.

Utterly, utterly incompetent.
I don't agree. While we are atrocious what we endured under Reid was the most dire apauling disgrace this clubs ever seen. But of course 'saint' Peter had his school girl fan club who'd shriek their little heads off if anyone dare point out the obvious about their idol. Yes we're bad now but Reid was the biggest load off syite I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Mr Gillingham":2ts0euue said:
Give me one financial reason why he should resign ? Maybe Brent is hoping he will resign to prevent a pay out, but as we saw yesterday with Mark Hughes it just don't happen.

Errr OBVIOUSLY there's no financial reason to resign - it's called 'understanding that you are not fit for purpose'
If I was a brain surgeon & my last 6 patients had all died during fairly simple procedures I'd resign

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Why would he resign on his contract? Its over to Brent, Fletch cannot do anything else and is obviously not ready for management shown by his lack of knowledge of management and tactics at this level. Granted the football is good but we have outplayed teams and lost too many times now, so something has to be wrong and happen. Re-direct attention towards Brent- its in his hands. Fletch can do no more. (Please avoid personal insults towards him as well)

Sep 28, 2003
London
It is totally unreasonable to the season ticket holders and a PR disaster to continue employing Fletcher.

Is there any other profession where such shockingly bad job performance would go unpunished?

argylepaul

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jul 15, 2008
Bromley
:clap: Just watching ESPN as we speak, and there's a trailer for Alfreton Town's FA Cup home tie. Quirky ground, a tidy, tiny study in red paint. Looking forward to going there next season. Anyone know where it is? Some say it is Derbyshire. What other tiny grounds are other Argyle fans looking forward to visiting next season?

Argyle from 16K crowds and beating Leicester and Southampton, to day trips to Dartford. Living the dream! :clap:

Jul 25, 2011
Andy Holland":metxoeh2 said:
It is totally unreasonable to the season ticket holders and a PR disaster to continue employing Fletcher.

Is there any other profession where such shockingly bad job performance would go unpunished?
Banking, politics, policing, teaching, media, etc etc

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Because the club is cash strapped, and paying Fletcher off would better serve us a new striker.

If he has any dignity now is the time to leave. 6 defeats in 7 including Dorchester Town - how can he possibly believe he is delivering on his season objective?

Brent made it roughly clear with his 'competitive budget' speech where he stood in terms of objectives for this season - losing 3 out of 4 homes games, dwindling attendances and a relegation battle leading into Christmas surely wasn't on the list.

N

newquaygreen

Irinically only a few weks ago we were WORRIED that Bournemeoung might lure him away!! :banghead:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Not for this long: say, if a teacher kept getting bad Ofsted results, they'd be out of a job. If a banker loses his firm lots of money, he's gone.

I would love to know what idiots were sending Brent letters supporting Fletcher. If you're on here and reading this, what on earth were you thinking? Is it a 'superfan' thing, or are you just thick?

C

Cult Of Personality

Prefect time for him to go

2 weeks till next game so gives new guy a chance to stamp his way on squad

5 weeks till Transfer window new manager can see what he needs and see what he does not need

Clubs are starting to sack there managers because they know its the right time

James Brent the time is NOW

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Please do the honourable thing Fletch - You are not ready for management at this level yet.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Argyle's twitter:

Fletch: 'We just didn't have that little bit if luck' #pafc

I think I'm more angry about Fletcher blaming bad luck AGAIN then I am about the result. It's incredible he can keep doing this.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
argyle-paul":3d3y381h said:
:clap: Just watching ESPN as we speak, and there's a trailer for Alfreton Town's FA Cup home tie. Quirky ground, a tidy, tiny study in red paint. Looking forward to going there next season. Anyone know where it is? Some say it is Derbyshire. What other tiny grounds are other Argyle fans looking forward to visiting next season?

Argyle from 16K crowds and beating Leicester and Southampton, to day trips to Dartford. Living the dream! :clap:

Dartford look like play-off contenders mate. We can always hope for a lucky cup-draw and get to play them that way though, if we get through the qualifying rounds