Untenable. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Untenable.

Sep 28, 2003
London
This is far beyond a joke now.

I have never said anything remotely negative about James Brent, for me he deserves nothing but praise for the way he's handled the club since he came in, with one exception:

He is letting us all down the longer he goes on employing Carl Fletcher as manager.

And fine, maybe he doesn't have any responsibility towards us, that's fine. But financially, us going out of the league is a nightmare for him personally, surely.

Fletcher is, for me, the worst manager we've had in 20 years of watching Argyle. Even Mick Jones, Kevin Hodges, Blobby etc were more competent than him. The way he blames these results on bad luck is staggeringly ridiculous: we are a defensive shambles and our organisation is woeful.

I've reached the end of my personal tether now: while Fletcher remains in charge, I won't go again. If he is still in charge by the time the next round of games comes along, then it'll officially be the most ridiculous thing I've seen supporting Plymouth Argyle.

There is no way around it, he HAS to be sacked tonight. Anything less is an insult to the fans who pay their money to watch this team.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
We've played well and lost the points nearly all season.

When we're down the subs are ineffective, the team doesn't respond. We concede leads easily, we can't win back when we concede.

Our defence is shaky, out strikeforce is weak as diluted urine - our best forward bizarrely an unused sub in 6 out of the last 7 games.

Things aren't going to change by blindly hoping.

Enough is enough Brent - please sort this out.

Sep 28, 2003
London
He didn't though, did he. Reid was a poor manager for us, but we were nowhere near as amateur under him as we are under Fletcher. We look like a pub team at times.

And I don't care that we "dominated" play today: it's utter rubbish. You dominate games by scoring goals, not with possession. This is the main thing that Fletcher doesn't seem to know.

Utterly, utterly incompetent.

Jun 22, 2005
I always respected Kevin Keegan for admitting he wasn't good enough for the England job when he left. Come on Fletch do the right thing

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I'm keeping Radio Devon on purely because I want and I EXPECT to hear you resign Fletcher. You are not good enough.

J

JamieY

I agree - I'm sick of this. I can see the logic of letting him have a crack at this game (well I can't really but trying to remain positive) but we lost again. We keep losing! Fletcher Out!

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
I'm afraid Fletch doesn't consider this crisis enough of a problem to resign over, with people dying in wars and all that, this is just losing another game of football (and another 300 off the next home gate).

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I agree.

I'm home over Xmas and will be taking in the Torquay and Wycombe games. However, if CF is still in charge at that point I probably won't bother going.

And this is from someone who has been pro-Fletcher right up until recently. But as you said Andy, if he's not sacked after this shocking run I honestly don't know where this club is heading.

Sep 3, 2011
Give me one financial reason why he should resign ? Maybe Brent is hoping he will resign to prevent a pay out, but as we saw yesterday with Mark Hughes it just don't happen.