TV Gantry, where will it go? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

TV Gantry, where will it go?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Here is the temporary gantry. I've highlighted the stairs just in case someone tries to say it must be scaffolding to keep up the Lyndhurst where they had 'heard elsewhere' was falling down.

afEfO2g.jpg

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":1jj89wb0 said:
Here is the temporary gantry. I've highlighted the stairs just in case someone tries to say it must be scaffolding to keep up the Lyndhurst where they had 'heard elsewhere' was falling down.

afEfO2g.jpg
That scaffolding seems very close to the turnstile entrances on that side of the Lyndhurst. :think:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":2v2racs0 said:

afEfO2g.jpg

It is a good job Motty has retired. He would need oxygen canisters for that climb!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Quintrell_Green":3o4l23qc said:
It is a good job Motty has retired. He would need oxygen canisters for that climb!

I would imagine the Leyton Orient one is way, way worse.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I am assuming the new TV position will be operating this weekend.

What is happening to the advertising that is in front of the Lyndhurst? Companies have presumably paid for those sites as place to get good TV coverage. Are those the adverts now on the Grandstand side in front of the white fence? Presume they wouldn't all fit there anyway due to dug outs etc.

At the start of the season the companies concerned would have expected the TV gantry to remain past November I think. Anybody know how this has been handled?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
One of those weird recordings where the camera zooms in all the time, so hard to get an idea of what the normal TV broadcast would look like, can barely see the grandstand area.

Why does that happen with lower league highlights? I can see the player with the ball, and not much else.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Pogleswoody":3kextxkv said:
JannerinCardiff":3kextxkv said:
I don’t know how to paste a picture here but it looks like there is scaffolding behind the middle of the Lyndhurst.. something to do with the TV gantry?

Yes if samjones's post above (q.v.) is right about how they are setting it up

(He has to be right one day! ;) How is it fixed to the Lyndhurst? #gantryisnailedon?? :whistle: )

#samjonesisalwaysRIGHT!

:scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A planning application has been submitted to PCC for the temporary camera gantry behind the Lyndhurst stand. The application also includes an application for a permanent and extended camera gantry built at the back of the Lyndhurst without the current scaffolding with access from the steps at block 12.

So I guess this will be the permanent camera position when the refurb of the grandstand is complete.