TV Gantry, where will it go? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

TV Gantry, where will it go?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So let's get this right, because a few fans don't think cameras are needed, PAFC leave the football league, is that what you are saying Mark?

May 16, 2016
MarkMatthews":382ldq5z said:
IJN":382ldq5z said:
MarkMatthews":382ldq5z said:
IJN":382ldq5z said:
Sod that, it's a football fan's inalienable right to curse. They'll just have to apologise every other week.

By the way, the EFL dictate all this stuff about media, the club has zero say in it.

I did ask at the GAGWG the other day if there was any dispensation given because of the development and I was told 'no, none whatsoever'. Amazing but true.

If the club don’t like League rules and regulations they could always resign from it’s competitions.

If we happy to take our share of the tele money than we need to accept the conditions that the League/Tele companies place on all members.

WTF are you on about now? Who said the club doesn't? This is a fans website not a club one.

But the club should be representative of the fan base. Rather like the Freight Rover trophy, if fans don’t like the Leagues rules and regulations then a boycott of the relevant fixtures is in order.

'Tis the Devils eye alright, sees right into the soul it does.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
arrythewurzel":1tkc7mn7 said:
IJN":1tkc7mn7 said:
The cut out will be above people's heads looking down towards the pitch.

Ok - I’m in row x and trying to imagine height between back row and roof! That could work - might have to mind my language then !

And NOT stand up !

I heard they are going to cut a big hole in the cladding at the back so the gantry is actually on the outside. They will scaffolding / ladders or a proper staircase to get access to it from the ground though unless they also cut in a door access from inside the ground

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Well I’m on the back row (Y) in Block 13 right next to Block 12 and a few yards from the halfway line so might well be very close to the camera peep-hole. We’re already got the referee/match assessor sitting a couple of seats along. What’s next?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I can’t wait for the complaints on here when the club reach the Premier League where the club must provide from match one, a gantry from penalty area to penalty area along with perminant TV cabling plus all the other camera positions.that the broadcasters dictate.

Lundan Cabbie":pv5b8xpg said:
I can’t wait for the complaints on here when the club reach the Premier League where the club must provide from match one, a gantry from penalty area to penalty area along with perminant TV cabling plus all the other camera positions.that the broadcasters dictate.

You'll be waiting a while LC......

That'd be a lovely problem to have.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don’t know how to paste a picture here but it looks like there is scaffolding behind the middle of the Lyndhurst.. something to do with the TV gantry?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
JannerinCardiff":wbij84r1 said:
I don’t know how to paste a picture here but it looks like there is scaffolding behind the middle of the Lyndhurst.. something to do with the TV gantry?

If you go to the development page IJN has posted pictures from yesterday showing the scaffolding being erected for such purpose. A more permanent structure will be installed drekley

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Regarding picking up crowd noise from the back of the Lyndy, don't the audio mics go around pitch-side, not actually in the TV gantry itself? If so, where the gantry is (just cameras) won't make a difference. That's my understanding - may be wrong.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Lobster":3mrozhr7 said:
Regarding picking up crowd noise from the back of the Lyndy, don't the audio mics go around pitch-side, not actually in the TV gantry itself? If so, where the gantry is (just cameras) won't make a difference. That's my understanding - may be wrong.

Generaly if being show live on TV then yes there are pitch side mikes. With run of the mill matches the mike is in one spot but is a directional mike therefore at away games the Argyle comms points it toward the Argyle fans, so they can be heard.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
JannerinCardiff":2wxl3sff said:

Yes if samjones's post above (q.v.) is right about how they are setting it up

(He has to be right one day! ;) How is it fixed to the Lyndhurst? #gantryisnailedon?? :whistle: )