Trouble at the End (32 fans banned) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trouble at the End (32 fans banned)

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Again....

The club absolutely got there pants pulled down...if anybody on here thinks that this behaviour is going anywhere ...your sadly mistaken...it is always on the peripheral in every ground, at every game ...fact ...obviously some more than others....the club got it wrong and the police got it wrong...if they had the numbers it would have never of happened.
Can we take it then, that you consider this type of criminal behaviour acceptable, in the 21st Century? It wasn't acceptable to the vast majority of football supporters back in the 70s and 80s so why should it be so now?

Affray - A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

If found guilty, Affray carries a maximum sentence of 10 years imprisonment.

I rather suspect that there would have been many tens, maybe even hundreds of people in that section of the ground who feared for their own personal safety.

So, do you...and "Chip Green" and "Plymouth 1970" and "Loyal 1970" and all the others who seem to want to make light of the situation that unfolded, do you condemn this or do you condone it?

Jan 11, 2016
13 pages/195 posts - a pretty fair airing of the issues. It seems to be weary acceptance of the inevitable v. sort it out. In our different ways I think we are all saying "sort it out"..so let's have some positive action from the club right now.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I'm fascinated by this argument that because something has been around for a long time (even something as pathetic as this), that we shouldn't even try to eradicate it.

Women didn't achieve equal voting rights for over 200 years - I can't believe that they ignored the history, tradition and "culture" of general elections when they gave them equal rights in 1928.

Slavery wasn't abolished in the UK until the mid-1800's - I can't believe that they ignored the history, tradition and "culture" of owning slaves which stretched back to the middle ages when they did this...

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Can we take it then, that you consider this type of criminal behaviour acceptable, in the 21st Century? It wasn't acceptable to the vast majority of football supporters back in the 70s and 80s so why should it be so now?

Affray - A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

If found guilty, Affray carries a maximum sentence of 10 years imprisonment.

I rather suspect that there would have been many tens, maybe even hundreds of people in that section of the ground who feared for their own personal safety.

So, do you...and "Chip Green" and "Plymouth 1970" and "Loyal 1970" and all the others who seem to want to make light of the situation that unfolded, do you condemn this or do you condone it?
Not just affray Andy - assault also.

Reactions: garsij1

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Not just affray Andy - assault also.
I'm going back some way to remember these but Affray is a serious offence because the "assault" offences require an element of physical harm or, in the case of Common Assault, just a slap across the kisser will suffice. Both ABH and GBH carry 5 years imprisonment but there are "add ons" as well.
They are also "Offences against the person". Affray adds the "fear for personal safety" for any "normal" person.

Section 3 of the Public Order Act 1986.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Anybody else see the irony of (quite correct) posts criticising these idiots who make the game we love an occasionally dangerous and/or unpleasant place to be, with the anti SYP thread the other week?

Lincoln hooligans as it turns out, had behaved like morons before, during and after the game at Hillsborough if some of their fellow supporters are to be believed. Similarly, some Wednesday idiots reciprocated and yet the SYP came in for a total battering on here, including at least one post saying they had previously 'killed people' and others reminisced about yesteryear, some bringing other forces into their general moan about policing of football.

So, remember folks that if any of go up to Hillsborough in January (might be less than expected if the current downturn in form continues), these cretins who like to act hard in crowds are likely to be among you. If they are and there is trouble, don’t be surprised then if their actions impact on you and the way large crowds of mainly well-intentioned supporters are necessarily controlled by the police, particularly at away games.

Apr 12, 2016
As neutral I find this post a tad presumptuous, have you any proof ?? Losers in life ?? Go back to your boring job in Wickes selling kitchens . Our is that presumptuous too?
Met and associated with lots of footie lads over the last 30 plus years. They are with the odd exception all the same hence my comment. I suppose if you don't think of the bulk of them being losers then maybe your sights are set a bit low....tedious morons who think fighting / agresssion is part of football culture and sod everybody else. By the way never been in wickes in my life and fully entitled to my opinion on how moronic this lot were. Don't want them in the ground or near it. They are pathetic and their behaviour isn't acceptable to the majority

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Again....

The club absolutely got there pants pulled down...if anybody on here thinks that this behaviour is going anywhere ...your sadly mistaken...it is always on the peripheral in every ground, at every game ...fact ...obviously some more than others....the club got it wrong and the police got it wrong...if they had the numbers it would have never of happened.
So your point is we should just accept it and move on?

This stuff needs cracking down upon, actual deterents needed.

No-one should be just ignoring it as "it happens get over it".

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I think previous experience has shown that SOME of these characters have good jobs and normal family backgrounds, ie wife, kids, VW Golf etc. The point is though, there is a fundamental flaw In their characters in that they think it’s fine to clash with people of a similar ilk, not caring whether or not ordinary law abiding people having an afternoon at football, get in their way with wives and kids terrified.

At one time, they used to arrange meets out of the way which generally didnt affect innocent people, but the problem for the hooligans was that there were often no police officers around to save them from each other. So of course, they would tip the cops off so that they (the hooligan element) could bounce around, pointing and gesticulating at each other with no risk of injury, and supposedly no loss of face.

Occasionally, this might backfire if the police just stood off and laughed at them, with their pointing, bouncing and gesticulating until everybody got bored. They’re all just attention seekers really.

What would they be like in a war - indeed.

D

Deleted member 9145

PAFC Twitter reports "Over 25 individuals have had there ticketing accounts immediately suspended due to involvement in serious disorder...during Saturday's fixture against Wigan".

Sep 22, 2020
excellent ban them all and the hangers on too. there is no place for any aggressive actions at Home Park.

The people on here trying to justify their actions are just as bad. They can have been to Cheltenham ladies college, a phd in rocket science from Oxford and been to a swiss finishing school but if they act like animals at Argyle they are brainless scum who should be banned for ever.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Let's hope that the wannabee hard men on here that are supporting the actions of these tw*ts are amongst the individuals suspended.
Their silence is deafening.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Oh well that means the AGM of the Plymouth branch of the Danny Dyer fan club won’t be held in the Green Taverners this year. Shame! 🤣

Jan 27, 2012
Its a handful of immature youths- silly little boys. Maybe one or two very low intelligence, loser adults.

These people will cause trouble in any setting. Its not really a football problem, its a problem in society.