Torquay v Argyle | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay v Argyle

Jul 12, 2016
edmonds200":32alspm1 said:
Biggs":32alspm1 said:
edmonds200":32alspm1 said:
mainly because our best players last year didn't fancy playing for RL

I was a Derek Adams fan but you’re embarrassing yourself now. Carey and Lameiras weren’t staying regardless of the manager.

I am not actually being serious - just acting like the buffoons who refused to get behind the manager last season and who were abusing him in October after 3 very good years. Our fans are going to need a reality check this year because I think people need to realise how difficult the managers job is here. Thats it wind up over.

How is managing our club any more difficult than any other club? RL has been supported in his transfer dealings yet we still struggle in pre season. As for "the buffoons who refused to get behind the manager last season "etc ,I would suggest the buffoons are those who stood by him for so long.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
oldage":3fdaow10 said:
edmonds200":3fdaow10 said:
Biggs":3fdaow10 said:
edmonds200":3fdaow10 said:
mainly because our best players last year didn't fancy playing for RL

I was a Derek Adams fan but you’re embarrassing yourself now. Carey and Lameiras weren’t staying regardless of the manager.

I am not actually being serious - just acting like the buffoons who refused to get behind the manager last season and who were abusing him in October after 3 very good years. Our fans are going to need a reality check this year because I think people need to realise how difficult the managers job is here. Thats it wind up over.

How is managing our club any more difficult than any other club? RL has been supported in his transfer dealings yet we still struggle in pre season. As for "the buffoons who refused to get behind the manager last season "etc ,I would suggest the buffoons are those who stood by him for so long.
What like the board who gave him a 5 year contract last summer?

May 11, 2019
Time for a little bit of a reality check for some people, building a side takes time, we’re not going to play like Liverpool whatever RL has stated, I personally think he has set himself up a for fall, we will do well to make the playoffs this season next season is more realistic for automatic promotion, I would take promotion over pretty Football any day, be interesting to know if is budget is as generous as last season at Bury?

Jul 12, 2016
Everybody who thought he was such a brilliant manager.
Remind what his current position is? :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
1394 Argyle fans here. There's more than that!

Aug 2, 2011
Well we can all sit back and relax now and appreciate our real standing in the football world. Loses against Truro and Torquay. But we squeaked home against Plymouth Parkway. Says it all really. Not a lot changed from last seasons friendly games. I do not think I will be putting money on making the playoffs let alone automatic promotion. I do not care if the alleged players today are the dross from the past what I know is that they are well paid in comparison to Torquay, Truro and indeed Parkway. We have been here before only to have an awful season followed by relegation. Nothing much seems to have changed

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
oldage":i4ai8kbu said:

His current position is one of enjoying the next 4 years salary without having to endure abuse - and just wait for the sack race to begin in september where there will be lots of desperate clubs looking for a guy with one of the best win ratios in british football!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Full time 3 - 1. Poor defending. Well played Torquay.

Mar 23, 2008
I think this sort of result is good to focus the mind. Our defence was dross last season and I think we need another two new centre backs in. Aimson is carrying an injury and Canavan and Wootton are struggling, I think Sawyer will be OK at LCB but we need a real dominant leader in there.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Tonight's attendance

The crowd of 3,382 at Plainmoor has included 1,394 members of the Green Army.

Jul 12, 2016
edmonds200":3tyol7p1 said:
oldage":3tyol7p1 said:

His current position is one of enjoying the next 4 years salary without having to endure abuse - and just wait for the sack race to begin in september where there will be lots of desperate clubs looking for a guy with one of the best win ratios in british football!!!

Heard everything now.He's gone ,thank goodness, get over it.

Jun 22, 2005
Jeez some on here.

Our defence was pee poor last season. Lets give RL a chance to sort it out, its gonna take him time.

He'll know who's not good enough now.