Torquay v Argyle Match Thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay v Argyle Match Thread

Aug 22, 2020
I sat near the bench today and every time jephcott done something you could see Lowe getting nigged, I thought Shirley was brilliant when he came on. I would of liked to see him get a longer run out in one of the games this pre season could definitely be going out on loan to Torquay looked up to there standard from this afternoon. Jephcott looks lost of confidence.

Jun 16, 2021
Positives from today, Law,Randell and Shirley.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of boys v men, but they all have potential and played well today albeit against non leaguers.

Ennis is class and will be our main goalscorer for sure.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
It felt bit of a local derby at times. Torquay played well and certainly much better than the highlights of their game against Truro suggested they did in that match. I found Argyle's second-half performance disappointing but of course a number of changes were made to line up, which always makes things disjointed. I thought Broom looked good considering he was thrown straight in amongst players he hardly knows. I do think Adam Randell should be starting rather than Camara, he may not have Camara's raw energy but he is in a different class in terms of quality.

Shirley looked a livewire when he came on and Craske too (is he really a defender ?). Jephcott still looks as though he has a lot of work to do to rebuild his confidence and belief. Ennis and Hardy must start, even though Hardy doesn't score as many as he should. Finally praise for Joe Edwards he gives 100% to every pass and tackle, even in a pre-season friendly.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What I would say is those who watched on TV it's probably worthwhile remembering you are seeing what the camera man is filming. Not what is going on all over the pitch.

There I've said it now. 🥸

Reactions: David Doidge

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The game changed after TUFC were forced to make a change in their defence after Ali Omar was subbed due to injury, he had been winning everything, and he is only 21

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Jephcott is trying to get a transfer. He's been pretty ineffectual for ages, particularly in pre-season when you expect him up for it. Against 'borough he looked well off the pace of either thought or action.
How do you try to get a transfer by playing ‘ineffectually’?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
This was my fifth live preseason game, this side is a definite improvement on last years team, Law has impressed me most I think he will start next Saturday, the defence 100% improvement on last season we have 2 centre backs who attack the ball in the air and are pretty good with their distribution,on the other hand Jephcott has been a real disappointment, off the pace poor touch.
Broom was pretty impressive.
The team needs still needs a bit of tweaking to get our best eleven, it will be interesting to see what team the manager selects for Rotherham.

Reactions: Mark Smith