Torquay v Argyle Match Thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay v Argyle Match Thread

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Just hope YOUNG JEPHCOTT dosen't come on here and read some of these posts.
Rather than wasting his time reading fan forums, Jephcott might better spend his time trying to work out where it has all gone wrong for him, why he has completely lost his way in front of goal and why his second touch is often a lunge in an attempt to get the ball back after he has failed to control it.

Any negative comments from the fans or others should serve to encourage Jephcott to prove the doubters wrong.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Rather than wasting his time reading fan forums, Jephcott might better spend his time trying to work out where it has all gone wrong for him, why he has completely lost his way in front of goal and why his second touch is often a lunge in an attempt to get the ball back after he has failed to control it.

Any negative comments from the fans or others should serve to encourage Jephcott to prove the doubters wrong.
I'm sure that RL ,his coaching staff and Luke himself are aware of any shortcomings in his game and will be working to help him improve on the areas required , they will also realise that fans will comment on a drop in form as they have done and accept this . However some of the rubbish posted on here is beyond any sort of constructive criticism , it is testament to how little most of us understand what is required to be a professional footballer and how easy it is to make derogatory comments about individuals abilities and playing level with the press of a few keyboard buttons with such little understanding . As shown last year Luke is clearly a capable League footballer , although he still has a lot to improve on in his game . With regards to his potential value I would say there is more of a possibility that he will fetch upwards of half a million in the next few years than being given to Truro for a tenner .

Jul 28, 2020
In fairness to Jephcott, he’s played in a side with only one natural winger for most of his career.

If we see Broom deployed on the right flank , playing opposite Mayor I think things will change for Jephers...

I don’t see Jephcott as a traditional striker, more of a Kevin Gallen type playing off the main striker and making intelligent runs in

I like Jephcott’s game, he’s going through a barren time, as forwards do, but if he just keeps-on- keeping - on and doesn’t try to hard, the goals will come ...

May 8, 2011
I'm sure that RL ,his coaching staff and Luke himself are aware of any shortcomings in his game and will be working to help him improve on the areas required , they will also realise that fans will comment on a drop in form as they have done and accept this . However some of the rubbish posted on here is beyond any sort of constructive criticism , it is testament to how little most of us understand what is required to be a professional footballer and how easy it is to make derogatory comments about individuals abilities and playing level with the press of a few keyboard buttons with such little understanding . As shown last year Luke is clearly a capable League footballer , although he still has a lot to improve on in his game . With regards to his potential value I would say there is more of a possibility that he will fetch upwards of half a million in the next few years than being given to Truro for a tenner .
A simple solution is to get Paul Wotton in for a few training session as it was working with him that got Jephcott scoring goals.
Perhaps whatever Paul Wotton got him doing has been suppressed with the training they do at Argyle.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
A simple solution is to get Paul Wotton in for a few training session as it was working with him that got Jephcott scoring goals.
Perhaps whatever Paul Wotton got him doing has been suppressed with the training they do at Argyle.
Wotton who was on Argyle's coaching staff before he went to Truro , what changed in his coaching methods ? Or maybe being sent out by Lowe to play at a lower level initiated the change in Luke's game . Tough as it is for you to accept , Lowe a successful lower League striker for many years probably deserves far more credit for Luke's development than Wotton or Adams .

Reactions: ely grap
Jan 27, 2012
Torquay are more or less League Two standard and certainly capable of beating a team like Argyle. However, they have only been back in training for a fortnight so are not fully up to speed. The 3-0 win will be a good confidence booster for the Argyle players though, especially on the back a few home pre-season losses.

Sep 6, 2006
You have to read some nonsense on here;. We are not allowed to criticise professionals because we don't know what's involved; Wotton a defender should coach Jephcott rather than Lowe; Jephcott worth anything between 1/2 million and 10 million(!!!) and its the fact we don't play 2 wingers(actually no team does) that means Jephcott's not scoring.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
You have to read some nonsense on here;. We are not allowed to criticise professionals because we don't know what's involved; Wotton a defender should coach Jephcott rather than Lowe; Jephcott worth anything between 1/2 million and 10 million(!!!) and its the fact we don't play 2 wingers(actually no team does) that means Jephcott's not scoring.
I was looking forward to reading an insightful post by you BG ,but now that I have I can see that it's just more nonsense.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It was not the fact we didn’t play wingers, it was the fact that, last season, we only got quality crosses from the left side.
Hopefully, Broom and Randell will be able to balance the crosses to benefit our strikers.