Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They need to put pressure on that scumbag Clarke Osborne, they need to get very personal.

They need to keep their plans off line as much as they can as their security guys will be paid to pot a stop to their games.

Games need to be disrupted as much as they can, chickens, tennis balls have all be done, but I'm sure something else can be thought of.

The link with the Council needs to be sussed out, there must be someone there working for (nudge nudge) Osborne in some way or another.

That club announcement a few weeks ago, should have been the last straw, it's obvious what he's up to, he wants the land, and is basically saying so in that missive.

Don't give the pig an inch, it's YOUR club not his. Show no respect or deference, take what is yours. Go in with that attitude they may start to think quiet, but 20 youngies singing "sack the board' won't cut any mustard in the state your in.

He doesn't give a flying fart about your club, he want's it knocked down and made into high density housing. You'll be playing part time in the 8th/9th division unless you mobilise.

Jul 29, 2010
Meanwhile on their forum they're arguing amongst themselves about what to do...

Shows there is some fight in them. But its so small that even on their 'protest thread' it quickly comes back to the almost irrelevant subject of 'on pitch' matters...

...YOUR CLUB IS BEING STOLEN, WAKE THE **** UP!!

It calls to mind those lines in War of the Worlds (I only have Jeff Wayne's version to draw reference from) when the earth is about to be invaded by Martians...

"It seems totally incredible to me now that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling
Softened almost into melody by the distance. It all seemed so safe and tranquil
"

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Only a week or so ago the Club stated they were looking at relocating the Club to a new stadium.
Sounds to me this was to keep the fans quiet whilst management run the Club into the ground.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Only a week or so ago the Club stated they were looking at relocating the Club to a new stadium.
Sounds to me this was to keep the fans quiet whilst management run the Club into the ground.

It was exactly that.

Mind you I've just seen the video of the WJD goals, and the worst thing I heard chanted was 'We want Gary out'.

They really do need to get a grip and ramp this right up.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
Torbay Council have owned Plainmoor since 1921. The ground is leased to the Football Club. Clarke Osborne wants to buy the freehold. His company Gaming International according to The Guardian considers that,

"Osborne is a wrecking ball with a history of razing stadiums on the promise of building replacements that never materialise. To date, he has been responsible for the eviction of Bristol Rovers from Eastville and the closure of greyhound and speedway tracks, in places such as Reading and Milton Keynes. GI is also the tenant of the council-owned Poole Stadium, where it runs the dogs and leases the speedway track to the local club."

One of Osborne's other companies, Riviera Stadium Ltd, has loaned Torquay United £4.2m. The last accounts showed the Football Club lost £1.1m.

Torbay Council are cash strapped and an offer to sell the freehold would be tempting. They are on the record saying they would not do so until an aternative stadium location was found and a community based proposal, working with the Council on land that they own was granted permission. The key to this is Osborne's ability to acquire Plainmoor and develop it for housing. His track record on other sites is less than promising. He is in deep financially with the Club and their survival as a football club is his willingness to continue fund it as a going concern.

Looking from the outside the Club's future rests with what the Council decide. I fear if the freehold is sold to Gaming International then plans for a new community based stadium may never materialise. The Council need to understand the importance of retaining their football club within the town. They have been talking to Osborne since 2017. Of course Argyle supporters will do whatever they can to ensure Torquay United survive but United fans really need to target their own Council. Plainmoor is a decent stadium for non-League and the lower reaches of the EFL. It needs to stay that way and the Council hold that key as they have done since 1921.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gulls fans should start to lobby Dave Thomas of the council.

I am reliably informed he's a decent man who will listen to what TUFC have to say.

However I have to reiterate you have to fight like never before, this bloke is after your ground and will destroy your club. All normal rules should not apply.

Attack, attack, attack!

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022

Shows there is some fight in them. But its so small that even on their 'protest thread' it quickly comes back to the almost irrelevant subject of 'on pitch' matters...

It calls to mind those lines in War of the Worlds (I only have Jeff Wayne's version to draw reference from) when the earth is about to be invaded by Martians...

"It seems totally incredible to me now that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling
"
Absolutely 100% agree. That thread on our board was started by me, and i was disheartened with the initial responses, but there is also agreement.

Another poster on our board has suggested also that we need to call for support from our neighbours. The 23rd of March has been mentioned as Argyle don't currently have a game that day and City are away, if Argyle and City could put differences aside for a day, we could all come together to fight against Osbournes agenda and make a real scene. I'm envisaging a half time walkout and protest outside the ground with plenty of noise, horns and flares or Yellow, Blue, Green and Red to create a visual sense of all Devon clubs united in this cause. It may be harder then for what appears to be an in cahoots local press to ignore and whitewash things.
TUST can either get on board and help to organise and bring attention to it, or they can continue trying to have a nice relationship with the sociopath's running the club, listening to the piecemeal lies and falling for it.

Last edited:

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022

"
That really is an excellent analogy, kudos for nailing it. So true.

Reactions: X Isle

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I believe Osborne is really good pals with the owner of the Sunday Independent so you can forget that.

However Plymouth Live would, I'm sure run with the story as Edd Moore and Chris Errington are both footie fans.

Also Andy Birkett would be up to cover the story I'm sure. He might be an egg chaser but it could be newsworthy.

James Vickery of BBC Radio Devon is also a deep seated football fan and despite being a Grecian is a very decent bloke.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I believe Osborne is really good pals with the owner of the Sunday Independent so you can forget that.

However Plymouth Live would, I'm sure run with the story as Edd Moore and Chris Errington are both footie fans.

Also Andy Birkett would be up to cover the story I'm sure. He might be an egg chaser but it could be newsworthy.

James Vickery of BBC Radio Devon is also a deep seated football fan and despite being a Grecian is a very decent bloke.

🤣🤣

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022

Following on from the linked thread above.

It was suggested that 23rd March could be an ideal date for joining forces to assist Torquay fans in their plight to rid the club of it's property developer owner currently overseeing the rapidly increasing demise of our once proud club. (believe it or not we were once able to give Argyle a very good game)

Suggesting, come to the game, leave at half time to gather outside the ground to protest, make as much noise and colour with flares as possible. Or, come at half time if not got a ticket and join the protest outside.

Whilst the football on the pitch is dire and the manager ought to have been sacked 18 months ago, these are only symptoms of the real issue, so there is no point in calling for Johnsons sacking. The message has to be very clear, OSBORNE OUT.

Feel free to make further suggestions etc.

Reactions: jespafc

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
For anyone in any doubt, have a watch of the last fans forum, online, no fans present. Read between the lines and ask if yourself if you believe in these people, that they are trustworthy etc.