Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

Oct 11, 2021
Such a shame TUFC has come to that state. Must admit i didnt realise things were that bad! Have wondered though how Johnson has managed to cling on so long.Obvs something really dodgy going on behind the scenes. I went to many matches there in the late 50s early 60s including the memorable cup matches against Spurs especially the one when losing 1- 3 to Spurs with minutes to go only for Robin Stubbs to score twice to take it to a replay Happy memories
I went straight from school in Plymouth to see my hero play that night, a certain 'Gentleman' Jimmy Greaves. Can't remember if he scored. Those were the days when top teams took the League Cup seriously

Reactions: Tiny Montgomery

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
For anyone in any doubt, have a watch of the last fans forum, online, no fans present. Read between the lines and ask if yourself if you believe in these people, that they are trustworthy etc.

First few answers were so unconvincing. Plainmoor is absolutely fine and more than adequate to host league football. Being from Torquay, I occasionally go up and watch a game and it's always an enjoyable experience. A 'proper' local football club with a stadium right in the heart of the town. Osborne comes across as an absolute snake here. I really feel for Torquay fans. They deserve so much more, especially as they have remained incredibly loyal through years of turmoil on and off the pitch.

Apr 9, 2011
First few answers were so unconvincing. Plainmoor is absolutely fine and more than adequate to host league football. Being from Torquay, I occasionally go up and watch a game and it's always an enjoyable experience. A 'proper' local football club with a stadium right in the heart of the town. Osborne comes across as an absolute snake here. I really feel for Torquay fans. They deserve so much more, especially as they have remained incredibly loyal through years of turmoil on and off the pitch.
Yep with you there i was born in Babbacombe couldnt be much closer ! Then moved to Paignton remember the Devon General Plainmoor specials

Reactions: Cotswoldian
Apr 9, 2011
I went straight from school in Plymouth to see my hero play that night, a certain 'Gentleman' Jimmy Greaves. Can't remember if he scored. Those were the days when top teams took the League Cup seriously
Yep before the greedy TV so & so's took over & totally ruined the game. Now a lot of the so called "bigger" clubs dont even take the FA cup seriously

visitingGull

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 12, 2024
Unfortunately, our local press are completely useless and now blaming fans for the bad form. Unbelievable.

Reactions: LittleAmerica

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
Unfortunately, our local press are completely useless and now blaming fans for the bad form. Unbelievable.
The toxicity in the club stems from Osborne and our energy needs to switch from "Johnson Out" towards Osborne.
(The players and possibly even Johnson himself are i think trapped somewhat and i feel some sympathy, perhaps misguided)

At this point, reading the constant fawning and soft reports across all the local media, i have to conclude they are in some way unable to report truthfully in addressing the real issues and validating the concerns of the fanbase (the club is the fanbase)

We need to remember the names of these reporters as they are currently complicit in playing into Osborne's hands and they are subtly positioning themselves against the TUFC fanbase.
edit - I just finished reading the article and should paste this in. Perhaps it's a very fine line that needs to be trodden, this journalist appears to be onside.
"In a perfect world we would all pull together and work as one to get us out of this mess. But that’s not going to happen. So I guess protest might be the way forward for TUST. But please don’t put any more pressure on the players, their confidence must be at an all-time low already."

The real key right now is to fully unite the TUFC fanbase in the cause and get all on the same page, not easy but it is slowly happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: bodspafc

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
This guy is typical of the apathy we are dealing with in attempting to unite in the cause.

Please feel free to comment and try to wake him up a bit.

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
Protest plans are coming together and we will be taking action at every home game going forward, leading up to 23rd March and beyond.

We would very much appreciate if as many of the Green Army could come along and support our cause on 23rd March.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As an ex organiser of such stuff mate, can I suggest texts, WA, PMs and E mails are the best mediums to alert fellow supporters.

Whatever is on SM will be read by club officials and they will take counter actions.

Walls have ears.